• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash at the World Hobby Fair 2014

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
You guys are looking at the image wrong. You must look way beyond the white question mark and past the grey shadows.
Shadow confirmed.
I think see a shape in the gray box.
I think the shape is just a wrinkle. That said, it does kind of look like Ridley.
It is. It's confirmed to just be a trick of the light reflecting off that wrinkled section of the page. Apparently, the box is just a solid box with no shadows, or smoke, or ambiguous darkness, or whatever. I'd not hold my breath. It's just teasing that there's more things on the way, which we already knew anyway.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
LOL I knew it was too soon for another reveal in the first place. Just wait for a fantastic July for a veteran and an awesome August for Chromulkus Men. :troll:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I wasn't really banking on a character reveal, but I did expect us to get some good impressions from the people who played the demo. Was it the exact same build as the E3 build? Does anyone know if any strong Japanese players got to play and had anything to say about it? To me, that's really better information than a character reveal anyway...

Boomuki

Smash Cadet
NNID
BooMuki
3DS FC
0963-0043-6790
Most likely because the thread was created before yours and you didn't make an effort to check if there was already a thread entertaining your subject.
dude i created the thread earlier than he did...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I wasn't really banking on a character reveal, but I did expect us to get some good impressions from the people who played the demo. Was it the exact same build as the E3 build? Does anyone know if any strong Japanese players got to play and had anything to say about it? To me, that's really better information than a character reveal anyway...
I've been told that Nietono was in attendance but I have no idea if anybody from SWF has contact to him.

:059:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I want it to be Ridley just to shoot down the "Ridley is too big argument." for good, it doesn't make sense and it never did make sense, we have Bowser who's smaller than in the Mario games and Olimar who's a hell of a lot bigger than he is in Pikmin and before someone brings up Bowser being about Mario's size in Super Mario Bros on NES I'll point to Metroid NES where Ridley and even Kraid were about Samus' size.

As for stage boss Ridley, just replace him with one of Ridley's many clones when a player is playing as Ridley. Plus I think the best way to reveal Ridley would be at some kind of event.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please take Ridley discussion into his support thread. In any case, the event has been over for over 12 hours now and no character announcement. Just as I thought.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Was the demo the same one as the E3 demo?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Please take Ridley discussion into his support thread. In any case, the event has been over for over 12 hours now and no character announcement. Just as I thought.
It would be very interesting to hear about their impressions of the characters they got to play regardless. Afaik, the roster they got wasn't just restricted to a few characters but had all those that have already been confirmed up to now. I bet a lot of people are curious to learn about various changes for Lucario, Charizard, Diddy Kong and DDD as well as Palutena, Pacman and Mii Fighter. I would be surprised if nobody had any information from this event.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
The problem is that we have very little ties to Japanese smashers so don't expect a lot of information from this event. If we are really lucky we might get a few insights from 1-2 players.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I repeat myself because apparently nobody noticed it but I heard that Nietono was there. I have no contact to him and I don't know anybody who does but since he was contacted to appear at Apex 2012 and to house people for the Sunrise Tournament, I would guess that somebody does have contact to him. And I'm sure he's not the only japanese pro smasher who went to this event.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It would be very interesting to hear about their impressions of the characters they got to play regardless. Afaik, the roster they got wasn't just restricted to a few characters but had all those that have already been confirmed up to now. I bet a lot of people are curious to learn about various changes for Lucario, Charizard, Diddy Kong and DDD as well as Palutena, Pacman and Mii Fighter. I would be surprised if nobody had any information from this event.

Where the non-Demo characters available? Just because they were on a preorder flier doesn't mean they were playable. I'll do some snooping around.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Call me naive but I would expect things that are openly advertized to be available.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
But the flier wasn't advertising the event. It's available Japan wide and just advertisizes the game; not the event. That's the thing I think people don't understand.

Anyways, I've been doing some searching but there's surprisingly little information.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
At this point it'd be interesting to know if Chari/Lucario/dedede/ike/diddy/peach were playable. Or even Pacman/Mii/Palutena.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Well whatever new information was given at the event, we probably won't know for at least a couple days, I'm going to check Youtube in a bit, maybe someone was recording the event.

Top Bottom