• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash at the World Hobby Fair 2014

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Article link on Nintendo Everything.

Smash 3DS apparently made its' Japanese debut this weekend, and apparently, the World Hobby Fair ends tomorrow.

Also, Masahiro Sakurai posted notes about this happening on Miiverse here.

Fliers advertising smash there:
Flier Front Cover

^^^ note the "?" slot on the far right... it means we could be getting another newcomer.

It's also worth noting Sonic is on the bottom row while Villager isn't. Every newcomer revealed thus far is on the bottom row but Villager.

On top of that, Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man all have the words "Guest" above their profile names.

Flier Back Cover

(credits to @Joel_Patrol on Twitter for this)

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
That looks like a mock-up character select, are we sure they just weren't saying random? It'd be bizarre to get another newcomer so quickly

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I heard it roughly translates to "more fighters to come", which may mean that it's just saying not all characters have been revealed yet, not that they will show a new one in the fair. If they do though, I certainly won't mind.

It's already confirmed that a certain beloved reptile will be shown:
http://puu.sh/9OeZi.jpg[/spoiler]
Clever girl...

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I heard it roughly translates to "more fighters to come", which may mean that it's just saying not all characters have been revealed yet, not that they will show a new one in the fair. If they do though, I certainly won't mind.
I do think it means a character.

The odd thing about the flier I find is that Sonic is on the bottom row with the newcomers (and Villager isn't on the bottom row with the other newcomers, lol).

So, if it's not a newcomer, I wouldn't think Snake would be a far fetch'd guess.

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Sitting on a chair, letting my eyes burn.

The odd thing about the flier I find is that Sonic is on the bottom row with the newcomers (and Villager isn't on the bottom row with the other newcomers, lol).

So, if it's not a newcomer, I wouldn't think Snake would be a far fetch'd guess.
They probably did that for the sake of him being next to Megaman and Pac-Man.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271

......OHHHHHHH I GET IT I knew it wasn't a char select screen example because same series characters weren't next to each other...

But paying more attention, it's not that the bottom row only has newcomers like I assumed in another thread. It's that the characters are in order from oldest to newest to smash series...

Which explains Animal Crossing-Kun in mid row, But that makes sonic out of place.

Anyhow this doesn't give much more speculation, just further says more newer guys on list soon.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
They probably did that for the sake of him being next to Megaman and Pac-Man.
Yes, but it is something interesting to note. It makes the list go out of order a bit. I know Animal Crossing had a stage in Brawl, but that was a special case.
Anyhow this doesn't give much more speculation, just further says more newer guys on list soon.
It means even if we don't get a character reveal at this event, we're likely getting one soon.

That character to soon be revealed also likely will be either an important and key veteran or a newcomer.

Also, this may be unrelated, but ZeRo, the Smash 4 Invitational Pro Bracket winner, said he heard we'd get a "big Smash 4 reveal" sometime "soon" on Reddit. I don't have the link, but a lot of people can back me up ton that.

ZeRo's "announcement" could be related to this forthcoming reveal or it could not be. Regardless, it is worth noting here.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
It's already confirmed that a certain beloved reptile will be shown:
http://puu.sh/9OeZi.jpg[/spoiler]
Clever Girl.

Edit: Nevermind, someone beat me to it.

Edit2: ZeRo actually confirmed that the announcement has nothing to do with Nintendo, so it's highly doubtful that it's about a secret character.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It seems so.

I managed to write the japanese text in white, right under the ??? slot:
ほかに もまだまだ
参戦キヤラが登場

(searching kanjis is ton of funs! :awesome:)

And, roughly translated from Google Traduction, it looks like it just means "there's more characters".

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'm more inclined to think it'll be a veteran if anything, myself. Really, we just got three newcomers, and newcomers are almost always announced in a direct and there's no direct tomorrow.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Instructions:
1. Copy the URL of the image in another tab.
2. Zoom in on the "?" image.
3. Look at the character outline...

...it looks like Mewtwo.

Guys...

...I SAW MEWTWO IN THE CLOUDS SHADOWS TREE SMOKE!!!

Last edited:

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924

Instructions:

...it looks like Mewtwo.

Guys...

That's clearly Ridley in that smoke there. :glare:

SmashAdr

Smash Apprentice
King K Rool will be confirmed, his popular in Japan too so i suspect him being revealed to make both fans happy. or.. Chrom / Shulk
hoping for K Rool

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
As myself and Venus have already clarified, this is not hinting at another character reveal or an announcement of any sort. There is nothing new contained within this magazine. There is nothing within the question box, it's just crinkled paper.

The World Hobby Fair is just show caseing the first time the demos will be available to play in Japan. Given how the OP was written, I shall leave it open until tomorrow, but the title of this thread shall be changed.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Well, I bet that I would grow a moustache an entire month if there is a new character reveal tomorrow. So, we shall see if I become Freddie Mercury or not.
In my point of view, I think this event will be just the E3 demo so the Japanese can try it too. Perhaps we can get some more feedback or finally the Chunky Kong AT confirmation?.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Come to think of it, I'm surprised we had no video footage from it.

This demo could have more characters than there were at the Smash 3DS and Smash WiiU E3 and Best Buy demos, as well as different characters.

I don't know if it's closed to the media or what, but normally we have leaks of this sort.

Japan only had 2 leaks for the Brawl demo back in early 2008, but that was because Nintendo forbade video recording of the game, which they consistently haven't been doing at all this time around.

They obviously allow it now because forbade video recording destroys hype, takes away free publicity, takes attention away from the game, and draws negative press and fan reactions which in the end always hurts the company (and its' relationships with customers and media) by doing so.

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Come to think of it, I'm surprised we had no video footage from it.

This demo could have more characters than there were at the Smash 3DS and Smash WiiU E3 and Best Buy demos, as well as different characters.

I don't know if it's closed to the media or what, but normally we have leaks of this sort.

Japan only had 2 leaks for the Brawl demo back in early 2008, but that was because Nintendo forbade video recording of the game, which they consistently haven't been doing at all this time around.

They obviously allow it now because forbade video recording destroys hype, takes away free publicity, takes attention away from the game, and draws negative press and fan reactions which in the end always hurts the company (and its' relationships with customers and media) by doing so.
The lady at my Best Buy was really adamant about not videoing, so they still do care. She even went as far as putting a hand in front of the TV every time someone looked like they were shooting video.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Instructions:

...it looks like Mewtwo.

Guys...

Looks like Mewtwo's Y Megaevolution Form to be exact.

Malex

Smash Apprentice
Day two of the event is starting soon. We will know by tomorrow morning.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sort of off-topic and yet not, but do we have any actual gameplay footage from the event?

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Sonic being where he is isn't anything if you look at it the character list is split in 2 with the newcomers (not including the mystery box) on the bottom of each side

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
Wait, did people think we were serious about the Mewtwo/Ridley/Game&Watch thing?

Wow. Now I feel bad.

It's a black box. There's nothing there promising that there's going to be anything. There MIGHT be another character revealed, and there might not.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Guys, the characters are ordered by Original 8->Secret 64 characters (aka Luigi)->Melee vets->secret Melee vets (AKA Marth)->Brawl vets->secret Brawl vets->Smash 4 Newcomers->3rd Parties->Miis (last because they technically represent Smash Bros. itself due to being "original characters")->???.

It's not that Villager and Sonic are placed weird, it's that Mega Man was taken out from between Villager and WFT in Newcomer reveal order to be inbetween Sonic (the 3rd Party vet) and Pac-Man (revealed after Mega Man).

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Wasn't Fox revealed for Brawl at an event similar to this? Nothing too exciting, just a vet confirmation everyone expected?

D

Deleted Member

Notice how the Brawl and new characters are in the order in which they appeared in the 2006 E3 Trailer, Smash Dojo, and current site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Idk how I didn't think about it before that mystery slot can't be a random slot because it doesn't actually say "Random" on it as all SSB random slots have.

Top Bottom