• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash at Nexus

AfroQT

Smash Master
If you know where the nexus is at (the one in boynton if theres another), get to nexus tomorrow (wednesday) for big smashfest fun. Alot of people are going with a possible guest appearance of blackie blackerson (galeon) and the black attack squadron (me and my bro).

GOOOOOOOOOO

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
yeah.. blockstunners and nexus crew usually get together for sessions on wednesday there.

good ppl.. good players.. good times...

afro .. me vs. you.. we havent played since we first met. let's get some good matches in tomo night.

I will try to make it there around 7ish.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I'll be there at 7, i have OFFICIALLY decided to secondary Wario. So i'll be training him all day on wednesday.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Im gonna agree. I see alot of greatness from wario.

It also seems like i can transfer my playstyle over to him very easily.
Question since we are both gonna use wario, doesnt it seem like he has a great approach game (with the bite and the bike, and the Dair approach), or is it just me.

AfroQT

Smash Master
MORE PEOPLE NEED TO SHOW UP IF YOU KNOW WHERE ITS AT MAKE IT!

I'll be there at 7 everyone better be ready!

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
lol wario doesn't have a good approach game against certain characters, especially snake/meta..

good choice seconding him fro, cause maining him is rough =( not every1 is good enough to do it

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
lol wario doesn't have a good approach game against certain characters, especially snake/meta..

good choice seconding him fro, cause maining him is rough =( not every1 is good enough to do it
Are you implying that Afro isn't good enough to main him? =P lol

Drop the Snake and pick up the Warior, lmao

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
futile is a beast. but there are plenty of other wario's in SoCal who are pure average. Even ranked ones if you watch their matches. THey are good players but Futile is a stand out.

wario is alright.. this game is more about the player than the character anyway.

Force

Smash Apprentice
Or just being realistic about this game and competition. Besides, Futile is #1 in SoCal and only plays Wario, so it can't be that rough.
lol good call on catching that subtle punch in the stomach; And wario's drilley-ness with his D-air is a nasty pressure game when used right. People worry too much about move diversity and not enough about just spacing and tipper-ing his dair with him i think. Think of wario as the new jigglypuff with an even nastier recovery. i hope hbox doesnt pick up wario

AfroQT

Smash Master

Was playing with him at nexus yesterday and i was doing pretty well. I could see myself using him just as much as snake at tournies. His approach game is ridiculous, such a good offense.

EDIT:
Also i thought galeon was gonna kill seibrik after the car incident.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
shhhhhh i got him home safely, without angry motions! lets put that behind us, and forget anything ever happened!!!

i'll MM any wario 15 dollars lets go!

AfroQT

Smash Master
nah im saying that a lot of people who started as a wario main are selling out to cheaper characters
Wario is a hella cheap character, bite is ridiculous, it completely rips threw the defenses of your opponent, aerial approach to bite is amazing.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
yeah sorry man. im all for playing some GG with ya then. I don't particularly like their arcade and id rather play for free on ps2 and stick that i have ya know? .. so only on weds I go to chill with ppl and play free smash and such.

and yeah, ruu is pretty much the only 'good' bridget heh

Top Bottom