• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Video thread

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
yoo battlecow, sorry again for that pause in the lastt match. my screeen went black and it was a natural istincttt. i would have ended my life, but falcons big *** punch was coming my wayy soo i let it hit instead.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Isn't that the guy who challenged isai and said he wasn't impressed with his videos? lol

Battlecow

Play to Win
battlecow did you play these on keyboard, or are you using controller now?
Played these on controller. If I had started losing, I would have switched to KB.

Definitely getting closer to KB levels of skill with hori now though (whether or not it shows in those), and my KB is so rusty that they're probably not far apart at all.

M!nt

Smash Champion
I dont see how people even play with keyboard i mean wtf? How do you do tilts and short hop. I guess DI is a major advantage tho.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
you play on keyboard because you're a boss

tilts and short hopping are ezpz

even though i don't play much anymore i unconsciously buffer up after almost every move ever (because it's not like it hurts to have it buffered)

The Star King

Smash Hero
Playing Smash on keyboard sounded ridiculous to me too, but it actually turned out to feel surprisingly natural.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I've seen more impressive combos from CPUs, but this one was good too. Good thing it was recorded.
They also have impressive techskill, like falcon fastfalling from DL's left platform into uair.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside

Sangoku

Smash Master
Thanks haha. But as I said, that's because I was playing against a less good player. By the way, I didn't record those because I won, but someone wanted to see how well I would do against Michael.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Yea. I always record against people worse than me, then I never upload because I figure people only want to see close/entertaining matches of high level play (No offense to other people I play). So I end up only uploading me vs Sheer >___>. Or I play some badass matches and they aren't recorded/something goes wrong with the vid...

Although I do have some matches against a friend of mine that are always pretty entertaining. He's ALMOST there. I has the freaking smash gift I'm telling you, but won't put time in to consistently z-cancel. I **** you not. It's a perfect example of the whole "z-canceling holding back new players" thing.

On that note. Pretty sure I'm playing Sheer tomorrow lol. So new vids =D

EDIT:
@Sangoku, You're not that bad xD. Watched the vids the other day. If I remember correctly, I'd say more grab, more bairs (plus they help set up grabs), and just more pressure in general. Good stuff though.

TANK64

Smash Lord
When I stop interviewing myself, and start playing online...(Never gonna happen).
Well I guess I did send 3 combos to Judas for that vid. But still got projects backed up like
Apex>Smashed2>12CharComboVid>Uploading dance video to my other alter ego channel>
Eggland2

Well here's a match if you haven't already seen it:

Falcon-v-Yoshi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7p7-b8tk7g

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55

Sangoku

Smash Master
It's hard to see your weaknesses because the luigi you play against is so bad. Concerning the matchup, if the Luigi doesn't sweetspot his upb, punish the landing lag (stay by the ledge, instead of going back to the middle of the stage).

Concerning Link himself, I don't know him very well so others will probably give you better tips, but one thing I noticed is you upb too much when it's not in a combo/a finisher of a combo. For example at 1:20, 1:37, 2:14.

Also be careful when you dash attack by a ledge, it's likely that you'll go past the edge at the end of the animation (I think others will have explanation for this, since I'm not sure if it always occurs). I personally always assume Link will fall, so I always jump after that.

You miss a lot of z-cancel when you dair on his shield. I don't really know how you can train that except from playing more, but maybe press z twice? First time in the case you don't hit him, second times if you hit him/his shield. Talking about shield, a good shield pressure is jab -> dsmash.

Other than that, your Link is pretty good :).

Edit: we have the same post count btw lol.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Uploaded a few matches some weeks ago. Tips anyone?
Match 1
match 2
match 3
match 4
match 5
match 6
match 7
Only watched the first match (you fox vs maddy falcon). Shield pressure could be better. jab -> dtilt repeat is pretty good vs shield. you jab'd then tried to shsl once I think vs shield, you have better options. Also your fox combo's didn't seem to end in a big knockback attack, they just ended when you could no longer hit him. Imo its better to hit him far even if it will end up dealing less damage just so you get a chance to edgeguard, especially vs falcon whose recovery isn't great. Good vid tho, wish I had time to watch more.

TANK64

Smash Lord
I would say more pressure and speed. I can't stress pressure enough. Don't hesitate on your decisions. Shine>jab>grab but imediatly. Laser>jab (grab?, drill) whatever but immediately. A second dtilt is also good on shield. I would work on getting your single lasers consistently lower, and like clubba said finishing with a nair or shine just to get them off the edge at the end of a combo. That's just what I see from the first matches, needs more speed and pressure. I see you shine canceling fast and consistently, but then you hardly ever use it in-fight. Your job is to make him afraid of your fox.

and don't stop moving.

ehh idk.

Top Bottom