• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Video thread

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Lol go away SK. I try to interact with him politely, but the dude is so abrasive it's almost impossible. Didn't you go all emo and threaten to leave smashboards permanently because battlecattle was "mean" to you? And you're calling me out for firing back at battlecattle's abrasiveness rofl?

He could have just said "no sheer I'm not interested in your advice". Instead he said I give ****ty advice so I fired back.

Also earlier today in the alternate stage list thread. I simply went in and gave my opinion. He immediately posted saying my opinion was wrong and I was incapable of relating my point clearly lolol.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Nasrudin had began building his home. His friends, each one having his own home and being either a stonemason, carpenter, or bricklayer, surrounded him with advice. Nasrudin was radiant. One after the other, sometimes all at once, said what to do.
Nasrudin followed with docility the instructions each one of his friends gave him. When the construction ended, it didn't look anything like a home.
How strange! -- said Nasrudin -- and nevertheless I did everything each one of you had told me to do!

jk we all need advice to grow, prosper, and get out of pools. not that "don't hug" advice tho
I love this Bcow vs Sheer thing, keep going

Zenyore

Banned via Warnings
Pretty cool drama.

Speaking on the video, I would say I lost because of my impulsive playstyle that uses a more old school approach compared to battlecows direct play to win mentality. Since I'm not used to playing in this manner, cattle gets the upper hand. In other words, I'm better than him despite the loss.

Z out

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I only ask because you generally get offended and pissed off whenever I try to offer you advice.
I know you don't think so but this kind of statement is provoking.

Just for you two, outsiders perspective of a battlecow/sheer "debate":

sheer: unpolite and backhanded statement
bcow: direct and obnoxious response to said statement
sheer: why are you so bad at reading what i wrote and why are you so mad bro?
bcow: i'm not mad you're mad bro, quit being stupid
sheer: i'm not stupid, you just can't read you idiot
bcow: no it is you who can't read and are an idiot. I could prove you wrong but I won't waste my time since you can't understand words anyway
sheer: no you are the only one who can't understand me how are you so dumb
bcow: lol how can you say i'm dumb when actually you're dumb?

etc., etc.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
^ Lol.

OK, I'll admit that my advice statement could have been construed as slightly provoking. Wasn't meant to be though. I was genuinely trying to understand why he gets so upset when I try to offer advice.

But most of the time it goes down like it did in the alternate stage list thread yesterday. And he does this to everyone, not just me.

I offer my opinion on the subject. Battlecattle comes in and immediately says my opinion is wrong and that "I'm bizarrely incapable of clearly relating my point". This is right after Kefit agrees with me and says I offer a very compelling argument. So to fire back at battlecattle being a condescending **** I call out his poor reading comprehension.

And that's a day in the battlecattle/sheer relationship. I just refuse to let people be condescending assholes to me, which is why I get into it with bc a lot.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I usually get a couple of laughs out of you two arguing anyway so its all (well, mostly) good

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Yah my personality just clashes with people who are low in agreeableness. It's the big five personality trait I have the least tolerance for.

I probably enjoy firing back at him a little too much. I should work on that.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Clubba's assessment is pretty accurate

I will say that regardless of how immature/whatever the tone of my conversations with sheer is, I'm always correct when we're having substantive arguments ("always" is a big word to use there but I don't recall any instances where I've gone back and been like "huh, no, he had a point there, actually"). That's definitely not the case with pretty much anyone else on the boards, so you'll excuse me for being a little bit too ready to get argumentative with him.

Zenyore's definitely not wrong up until that last sentence, and even there he's not lying he's just using a non-competitive definition of "better."

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Not to nit pick marbles, cause I enjoy your videos, but I think samus may have a decent amount of room for escape before the Nair off the tent. Imo if samus upBs she'll escape the combo.. of course it's easy enough to DI the upB and punish, but sammus may have room for her own Nair or dair in that window too.. I'm not really sure about any other move, but I'm 90% on the upB.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
yeah you're right samus would most liklely escape. the only way i could possibly make that nair connect is if i platform slide off the middle plat after the final uair, that way i could cancel the attack lag and jump into the nair sooner. but since it took me like a hundred tries just to make the first 6 hits connect its really just beyond my abitity

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
hey guys just recorded a set with Nyoouber. u guys are probably sick of the kirby vs pika match up but this should be the last one i swear and this was actually a really good even and intense set (other than the first two matches where i got romped) and with a few nice combos so check it out and like and subscribe cuz i upload new stuff all the time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuCdXeIUBtU

mixa

Banned via Warnings
nice to see Congo.

greed is a problem. and you can't be greedy. even less against Kirby. 0:25 - you missed the second grab and went running to try again. up tilt in the face.

1:40 - you wanted to go back to the stage and attack at the same time, risky. and your aerial wasn't well timed, after the Fair you were jumpless, at 50+%, at the mercy of Kirby's will.

maybe you know this, but you can escape Kirby's suicide throw and that suicide swallow.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
thanks for the feedback mixa. I'm aware of these things but sometimes i fall into old habits, and being reminded of what im doing wrong definitely helps me fix those problems

mixa

Banned via Warnings
yeah, man. that's what's hard about this. you might know almost exactly what you're doing wrong but it's hard to change. watching videos gets limited if you can't learn how to better watch videos.
I talked about the greed stuff because 1. I don't know anything about Pika and Kirby, and 2. I see it a lot in very good players as well, and I see the contrast when watching top players.

Emmi

Smash Rookie

Battlecow

Play to Win
I still think you're ROM or whoever under an alt but I subscribed regardless, sick stuff.

Emmi

Smash Rookie
ohhh rom, everyone keep thinking i am him >..< he is rely good! i used to play him alot haha

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
I started this series where I take on a game and try a unique challenge to make it as hard as possible. First game up is smash 64 1 player mode!

defamstv

Banned via Administration
Hey everyone! I just started a youtube channel, Its called DefAmsTV
Itl be featuring mostly older games, my first game is super smash 64, had a blast playing it with a friend, Id apreciate it if you guys could show some love, check it out, leave a comment, subscribe, tell me what you think.

just search up; Super Smash 64 after over 10 years. (Pt.1)

Thanks a ton guys
Cheers

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
Hey everyone! I just started a youtube channel, Its called DefAmsTV
Itl be featuring mostly older games, my first game is super smash 64, had a blast playing it with a friend, Id apreciate it if you guys could show some love, check it out, leave a comment, subscribe, tell me what you think.

just search up; Super Smash 64 after over 10 years. (Pt.1)

Thanks a ton guys
Cheers
I know you can't post links yet so I'll do it for you :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tv4buxO4lg

Lol at 5:05 that taunt into a parry grab

Last edited:
Top Bottom