• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Update 1.10 - More Info!

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I love how all these Mii costumes are coming out and all I use is the Protoman costume. :4villager:

Honestly, I think they've been focusing too much on the cosmetics of Miis. There are other characters, and they all have potential alts., for example, Sonic could get a Metal Sonic alt, and Lucario could get a Shiny form. And so on.

Or he could be a playable character. cough cough
I want this to happen so bad but it's unlucky

SwordOfSeals

Smash Cadet
  1. Ok for those the people who keep using the Meta Knight excuse let me just tell you that it is a strong defense but here's what I think, all the costumes for the characters on game are pretty much all the costumes from the Mii Plaza there are no original costumes from smash bros other than the spinoff Mega Man costumes, other than that all the other character Mii costumes seem to be transferred from the Mii Plaza, so those saying "But Meta Knights Costume" may not have the best argument

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Tomorrow will be full of tears (of both happiness and sorrow.)

Now to just wait and see which will win out.

:231:

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
I really think there are enough Mii costumes now. What I want to see next are either some stages or info regarding the ballot, maybe even a DLC character confirmation.

A confirmation on "Great Bay" would be sweet, and if we could get some more Melee stages I would actually be quite happy.

:198:

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
More Mii costumes, stages and maybe even character patches? Please let there be more patches! Honestly their stock should just be getting higher and higher the more they add on as DLC.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I doubt that this update will give us anything huge, but I do think that we will get a teaser for some future content, perhaps in an upcoming direct. Every update so far has had something to tease. It might not be anything big, but it will at least be something to keep the fans speculating.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Tomorrow will be full of tears (of both happiness and sorrow.)

Now to just wait and see which will win out.

:231:
See, this is what I was thinking. I feel like they wouldn't drag out showing the Mii costumes unless they intended to drop a bombshell at the very end. Every wave so far has had at least eight total costumes and we're currently at six (possibly seven if K.K is in this batch) so tomorrow will probably be a huge reveal if they thought characters like Chrom, K. Rool, and Lloyd needed to be shown first.

Eureka

Smash Ace
Again guys, I'm going to say what I said before. This Lloyd costume is mostly harmless. I highly doubt Nintendo will say no to the ballot winners just because they already have a Mii costume. All this means is that Nintendo has no planed DLC with Lloyd Irving, so don't panic. So long Nintendo, and thanks for all the skins. But come on Nintendo Lloyd with just one sword? Really?

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Basically, all of these costumes, Chrom, Lloyd, and King K. Rool is Sakurai's way of saying: They aren't coming into smash.
Chrom was already established as not going to make it in due to Sakurai's reasoning in choosing a Fire Emblem character, plus we already have 5 FE characters.
Lloyd, were there even more than 6 people on the face of this planet rooting for him? He had no chance due to Namco's choice of a character being Pacman.

King K. Rool though still has a realistic chance if he happens to be one of the most voted characters in the ballout.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Chrom was already established as not going to make it in due to Sakurai's reasoning in choosing a Fire Emblem character, plus we already have 5 FE characters.
Lloyd, were there even more than 6 people on the face of this planet rooting for him? He had no chance due to Namco's choice of a character being Pacman.

King K. Rool though still has a realistic chance if he happens to be one of the most voted characters in the ballout.
B...but Nintendo published Tales of Symphonia! He has a chance!

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings

I agreed with you until you said Lloyd wasn't voted for and had no chance.. I don't know anything about that series but I do know definitely people are talking about him.

I have never played as a Mii in Smash 4 and I never will.
You're missing out. :p
Oh, wait, *Miissing out.

Last edited:

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
Guys now we can alllive out our dream of playing as Freddy from FNAF. This is what we all wanted right. And they added a guy from attack on titan:troll:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Please Nintendo give me Alex kidd mii costume!!! he has the most fitting moves for brawler:4miibrawl: come on SEGA just do it!
I would preferably him be an actual character. Much rather have a second Sega rep that's not Sonic related.

Last edited:

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
If we get an Isaac or Snake costume, I'm suing Nintendo. (jk, I think) those are like the only characters I want in the game from the ballot at this point, maybe Wolf, but I'm pretty sure he's coming back.

Flukey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1220-8509-1898
Damn i wanted Lloyd for DLC, don't get me wrong but i think Mii costumes are pretty pointless, i don't even care about Mii characters but i guess lots of people do

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I would preferably him be an actual character. Much rather have a secomd Sega rep that's not Sonic related.
Me too he deserve to be playable over other SEGA characters because he was a console mascot like mr. Game and watch and sonic and Mario he can bring Sega master system gamers generation in smash

Last edited:

AceStone

Smash Rookie
Well, Ryu making it in shoots that theory out of the water. I was against a third party having two reps, though. But, hey, Capcom did it. I don't see Namco doing it, as well, being an obstacle.

But I've also seen Lloyd requested plenty in several other polls. Including me. <__<

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Seeing Lloyd fight with one sword will take some getting used to...but I'm glad he got some recognition.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
  1. Ok for those the people who keep using the Meta Knight excuse let me just tell you that it is a strong defense but here's what I think, all the costumes for the characters on game are pretty much all the costumes from the Mii Plaza there are no original costumes from smash bros other than the spinoff Mega Man costumes, other than that all the other character Mii costumes seem to be transferred from the Mii Plaza, so those saying "But Meta Knights Costume" may not have the best argument
King K. Rool is not from the Mii Plaza.

InfamousJake

Smash Rookie
You guys do realize that even though there's a KKR costume doesn't mean there's not gonna be a KKR character? I mean, Nintendo has done it before, *cough* Link *cough*

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
**** costumes man. I want something which will actually be of concequence to me...

Still got my hopes up for a char tho :) also hyrule castle is dope :)

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
See, this is what I was thinking. I feel like they wouldn't drag out showing the Mii costumes unless they intended to drop a bombshell at the very end. Every wave so far has had at least eight total costumes and we're currently at six (possibly seven if K.K is in this batch) so tomorrow will probably be a huge reveal if they thought characters like Chrom, K. Rool, and Lloyd needed to be shown first.
Bombshell is probably the :4drmario: stage, if it's real. Yaknow, because a leaker would rather reveal a whole character over a stage.

You guys do realize that even though there's a KKR costume doesn't mean there's not gonna be a KKR character? I mean, Nintendo has done it before, *cough* Link *cough*
Thought somebody said the costume was Skyward Sword Link, who obviously isn't in the game. None of the Megamen are already playable either, and notice that they're the most popular ones.

Actually, most of the characters turned into costumes are popular choices (besides Flying Man) and have moveset problems like Chrom. Lloyd is just another swordsman again, and yes we have characters with two swords. :4pit::4darkpit: The Megamen would be too similar to Megaman himself, and Zero's just another swordsman. Dunban is also just another swordsman. K. Rool I have never seen a convincing moveset for in my life, and combined with how he's been lumped with characters never getting in because of moveset problems I'm inclined to think Sakurai also doesn't see any moveset potential.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I'm very sorry Lloyd supporters... :-(

I'm sure you feel now how K. Rool supporters felt yesterday...

I KNOW I KNOW, "the Mii Costumes don't deconfirm characters in the roster because [insert :4link::4falcon::4metaknight::4sheik::4peach:here] has a mii costume and is playable!" But c'mon, let's face it... it pretty much KILLS any and all chance.

If I'm wrong, feel free to call me out... because I'll be thrilled if somehow K. Rool still manages to make it!

Eureka

Smash Ace
I'm very sorry Lloyd supporters... :-(

I'm sure you feel now how K. Rool supporters felt yesterday...

I KNOW I KNOW, "the Mii Costumes don't deconfirm characters in the roster because [insert :4link::4falcon::4metaknight::4sheik::4peach:here] has a mii costume and is playable!" But c'mon, let's face it... it pretty much KILLS any and all chance.

If I'm wrong, feel free to call me out... because I'll be thrilled if somehow K. Rool still manages to make it!
It's been brought up a few times. But let me simply ask you this, if King K. Rool or Lloyd had enough ballots in the vote, do you really think Nintendo wouldn't make them characters just because there is a Mii costume?

While the costume may imply that Nintendo has no planned DLC for them, the ballot is not planned out. Furthermore, these costumes more then likely were decided upon before the game, and definitely before the ballot, was even out. Especially when you consider Chrom, Lloyd, and K. Rool where all very popular before the game released (Chrom with the leaks, Lloyd before Pac-Man was announced, and K. Rool has always been popular). So it is unlikely the costume kills a characters chance in the ballot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom