• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Update 1.10 Coming Friday 7/31!

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I hope some low tiers get buffs. Rosalina and Shiek and Rosalina and Rosalina are really annoying characters for me. Ugh.

Who cares about K. Rool's fanbase and its similarity to Ridley's? There are plenty of people who DO care for K. Rool and would really love to see him in the game for their own reasons that don't need to be identified by anyone else. If that means a majority gets labeled as stuck in the 90's or bandwagoning, so be it.

Tourney Mode should be fun though.

Puttaters

Smash Cadet
I don't see why the 3DS does not get the same features. Especially since more people own/play that version than the Wii U version.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
......Why?

Ryu isn't even top tier.

And top tiers don't need nerfs, they aren't overpowered. Rosalina and Sheik are just really good by design.

Lower tier characters just need buffs

---------------

Anyway, I wonder what other costumes we will get. I think there should be Nana and Popo costumes.
Luma can act when Rosa can't. You can be hit out of combos and grabs, and Luma can guard Rosa for the entirety of a shield break. Luma needs nerfs.

Shiek's frame data is too good. It doesn't matter that she has poor kill power if it's not a big deal for her to get you to 160%+.

Ryu is simply broken. He doesn't have any weaknesses big enough to even mention, and he has a massive list of strengths.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Luma can act when Rosa can't. You can be hit out of combos and grabs, and Luma can guard Rosa for the entirety of a shield break. Luma needs nerfs.

Shiek's frame data is too good. It doesn't matter that she has poor kill power if it's not a big deal for her to get you to 160%+.

Ryu is simply broken. He doesn't have any weaknesses big enough to even mention, and he has a massive list of strengths.
Guarding her during shield break is a very easy thing to get by, and is merely a last ditch effort for Rosalina when she is stunned. It's your own fault if you're silly enough to get hit by Luma in that state, as you can just swat him away, then go for the stunned Rosalina. Luma being able to attack when Rosalina can't is also clearly stated in the tips (which also means it won't be changed), and is something you simply have to take into account. You have to treat fighting Rosalina & Luma like it's a 2v1 match, not a 1v1, in that you can be punished for things that aren't punishable in standard 1v1. That's what people need to learn.

I would rather see other characters buffed before we make a call on Sheik's frame data being too good.

And no, Ryu is not broken at all. Characters with good zoning and spacing tactics like Rosalina and Mega Man walk all over him, as do characters with good gimping abilities, as his recovery is easy to stop. His SF inputs are cool, but they take longer to execute, meaning his stronger specials are locked behind inputs only he has to deal with. In the little extra bit of time it takes for Ryu to make those inputs, his opponent can already throw out a move. And while he can pull off combos, they are difficult to execute effectively and many don't even work on some characters, mainly light ones.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!! Looks like this is K. Rool's finest hour; the finest hour he'll ever get in Smash, anyway! *chuckles* Sorry, K. Rool fans. I just couldn't resist. It was too good to pass up. Love ya and hope he gets in eventually and all that.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
The difference being that so far, Mii costumes have been of characters that aren't planned to be in the game, such as Heihachi and Zero from Megaman and Isabelle from Animal Crossing
Except for, y'know, the tons of costumes of fighters included on the disk that were clearly planned to be in the game (including the Meta Knight one, which we saw before we actually saw MK himself).

D

Deleted member

Well i'm happy chrom's finally getting his real day in the form of a Mii Costume. Can't wait to enjoy the Mii's limited online playability using it! >.>

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Thank you based Sakurai.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
whoops

Last edited:

SuperTajiBros

Smash Rookie
You know, I'm really hyped for this new Tournament mode coming out. If that Great Bay level is real OMG, that's just going to be a blast to the past! :younglinkmelee:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
It is, but as far as I know it's one of the most popular maps in Melee.
I loved that stage in Melee, actually. Was probably my favorite one. But looking at it, it's pretty unremarkable, too small for 8 Player Smash, and not tournament legal. It'll be cool for nostalgia but in terms of utility, not so much. Hopefully if it does return, it's a free inclusion. Really doesn't seem like many people aside from Legend of Zelda mains are benefitting from it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nintendo must have something up their sleeve because it's extremely obvious to anyone who follows Smash how popular Chrom and K. Rool are and how announcements like this would face a ton of backlash.

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
I can imagine Sakurai trolling us with the King K. Rool news like he did with Meta Knight once.

Pic of the day. "Hello! I'm Samus, the intergalactic bounty hunter!" "And I am Meta Knight, joining the battle!!"

Two days later...

Pic of the day. "Looks like there was an impostor in the earlier posts, so I introduced him to my sword!" ...I'll leave it up to your imagination if he really said that or not. The veteran hero, Meta Knight, returns to battle!! We didn't forget the Battleship Halberd either!!

Top Bottom