• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Update 1.10 Coming Friday 7/31!

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
This is the time where I want both a gif of Markiplier's face glowing, and another gif of like something hilariously steaming mad, I am that torn.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Another difference is that they're not acknowledged as distinct characters by the Smash Taunts on Palutena's Temple.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm kind of wondering if this is just for Japan only right now. None of the other regions have mentioned anything about the upcoming update, which has me thinking that the other regions will have to wait a little bit longer.

rogue_shade

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rogue_Shade
3DS FC
4210-4476-8602
I'm kind of wondering if this is just for Japan only right now. None of the other regions have mentioned anything about the upcoming update, which has me thinking that the other regions will have to wait a little bit longer.
The Super Smash Bros American Facebook page posted it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
G&W is Nintendo's first character and R.O.B...I don't know why Nintendo likes bringing back a failed peripheral for the NES...better comparison imo would be Duck Hunt, a character who's been in one game that's old af and has no relevance. Sure it was a hit on the NES but so was DKC and people want more villains and more DK characters in general. Not trying to bash on any fans of Duck Hunt, but the character choices Nintendo makes can be...questionable at times.
Mr. Peepers/Duck Hunt Dog has been popular for years, all because of his laugh and how people want him dead. It may be negative popularity, but it's still pretty good reception.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Oh wow, that King K. Rool costume. I feel ya, K. Rool supporters! Even I want him in. Just keep voting, we may still see him regardless!

Okay, not to knock Zelda or Mario here... I like the Hyrule Castle HD and Peach's Castle making a comeback and all, but can we see something else, too? Frigate Orpheon, Planet Zebes 64, Sector Z, Big Blue, and Fourside all come to mind.

Dan

Smash Lord
I have some choice words for Sakurai right now, or whoever's decision it was to make K. Rool a costume, but I better just keep my mouth shut because it would result in a warning. You know, I'm not allowed to freely speak my mind and whatnot.

I hope this is a big troll-job by Sakurai, to psyche us out thinking "no chance for K. Rool", but then he is confirmed as the ballot winner, which wouldn't be uncharacteristic of Sakurai, but I highly doubt it.

Wes762

Smash Cadet
NNID
wes762
For me, I'm probably going to only get the stages. I don't really care about the Mii fighter outfits.

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Probably already said, but: Chrom was considered for inclusion until Robin was chosen. Now, this could be coincidence (it most likely is) but the Chrom and K.Rool Mii outfits are both in the same update, as someone who was considered and the ballot frontrunner. It's, as i said, probably just coincidence, but stranger things have happened......

Mitochondria-Eve

Smash Rookie
Man, that K. Rool costume has me a little salty, haha. I'm not gonna' say that this totally deconfirms him or Chrom, but I would be lying if I said I didn't feel like I was just slapped in the face... I want K. Rool so bad, so I have to hang on to a little bit of hope that he'll still be in! We'll see how all this plays out, I suppose.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok how many times do i have to tell you guys

Stop jumping to the conclusion that king k rool is deconfirmed

I mean when the inklings because a costume everyone was like, oh that doesn't neccesary deconfirm them.

But yet you conclude king k rool is deconfirmed because of a costume and yet we have costumes of a bunch of other fighters

And link got a dlc suit.

So i say don't jump to conclusions

And I would not say king k rool is deconfirmed until sakurai said he tried or coulden't do it or whatever.

(Aka king k rool getting deconfirmed by sakurai himself.)

And plus the ballot has 3 months left (rounded up.)

And totally buying the 2 64 stages they were my favorites in 64

Oh by the way they said this is not everything and will show the rest tomorrow so, lets see what happens tomorrow

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Scratch what I last said, my new conscern is MIMICING CHROM'S FACE!!

...It's called "Smash cosplay."

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Gahhh the K Rool trolling. Makes me wonder if this confirms or nixes that he is in development as a playable character.

That Chrom outfit is so slick, I love it.

Mii costumes I'm hoping on:
  • More heroes from Fire Emblem such as Lord Eliwood and Lewyn the Bard. For Eliwood, there'd be plenty of reveal screenshot material as Roy's father.
  • If Felix doesn't become an alt costume on Isaac, I hope he gets a Mii costume.
  • Andy from Advance Wars as a Brawler, if he can't become playable.
  • Geno for Gunner if he can't become playable, since he fits really well.
  • Ridley for Brawler, might as well if K. Rool is a Mii outfit.
  • A 2D Paper Mario outfit for Brawler like G&W if he can't become playable.
  • If there's copyright issues or other issues for Snake, I hope he gets a Mii costume. Brawler or Gunner.
  • Raiden on Swordfighter, anyone?
  • If Squirtle, Pichu, and Ivysaur can't return, I hope they get Mii costumes. Brawler for Pichu, maybe Gunner for the other two.
  • If Young Link can't return, I'd like an outfit for Swordfighter with the Kokiri sword and shield.
  • Ice Climbers costumes for Swordfighter with their hammers since they're limited by hardware.
I'm excited for DLC in any form, that Chrom outfit and Dr. Mario stage (recently picked up Miracle Cure, I guess this was a thank you specifically to me from Nintendo =P) as well as Termina Bae have me pretty hyped for Friday once I'm off work.

gyasim

Smash Cadet
NNID
gyasim
That will only happen if there is a balance patch.

And I highly doubt there will be one. They are releasing a feature for uploading replays to YouTube tomorrow too, so if they were smart, they would make sure we can use our most recent ones to test the feature.
Sorry for being cautious and trying to warn people about their replays in case they get deleted. I won't do it next time.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sorry for being cautious and trying to warn people about their replays in case they get deleted. I won't do it next time.
No need for the attitude, I was just presenting an alternate perspective.

It's not like replays are automatically deleted anyway. If they are unviewable, there is nothing you can do about it, but the game doesn't even delete them automatically You have to tell it to.

gyasim

Smash Cadet
NNID
gyasim
No need for the attitude, I was just presenting an alternate perspective.

It's not like replays are automatically deleted anyway. If they are unviewable, there is nothing you can do about it, but the game doesn't even delete them automatically You have to tell it to.
There was no attitude. If I was being sarcastic I probably would've said Kappa.

DMWN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
poe376
He's the leader of the ballot,
you know him well,
and he's finally in
as a costume for sale!
He's bigger, faster, and stronger too,
he's the first member of the Ballot-winning crew!

Da_Dook_Hoont

Smash Rookie
NNID
MAC_KyngCole
mmmmm... I can taste the salty tears of King K Rool fans... They must be saltier than little mac mains when the :GCL:+:GCB: off the stage. mmm. Have fun with that K Rool trophy if you unlocked it... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(It's jut a joke so don't get mad.)

#Isaac4Smash

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
Real talk tho.

That smash hoodie is legit. Buying that for sure, and I would definitely buy it in real life as well.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
On the subject of King K. Rool being a Mii Costume, well...
As someone who is against the idea of him being in Smash, I can't say I'm upset about this at all. But, I admit that this must have been hard for the supporters. After the whole thing with the trademark, they must've been incredibly hopeful and excited, only for this to happen not too long after. Sure, he isn't deconfirmed completely, but in my opinion, if they were to show a costume based on a DLC fighter before actually announcing said fighter as DLC... That just seems like a really weird move to make. It just makes more sense to me that they'd make a DLC Costume as a sort of the "next best thing" because the actual character isn't playable. And yes, I know that Mii Fighter Costumes exist for playable fighters. However, aren't most of them just Headgear? Not to mention, Headgear that is unlockable through normal means, rather than DLC. Well, I guess the DLC Link Costume is an exception. But Link is an iconic character, and being a sword-user, it only makes sense to create him into a Costume for the Mii Swordfighter.

And, let's not forget that we actually don't know what the exact current standings are in the official ballot. We can make as many fan polls as we want, but... There are probably people who voted, but did not participate in the fan polls. Maybe King K. Rool isn't quite as high up there as we thought. Maybe someone else has a big lead. Who knows? Not us, that's for sure!

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
I think it'd be cool to see alt costumes as DLC for the actual fighters too, and not just the Miis.

*cough**cough*Samus Prime*cough*

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On the subject of King K. Rool being a Mii Costume, well...
As someone who is against the idea of him being in Smash, I can't say I'm upset about this at all. But, I admit that this must have been hard for the supporters. After the whole thing with the trademark, they must've been incredibly hopeful and excited, only for this to happen not too long after. Sure, he isn't deconfirmed completely, but in my opinion, if they were to show a costume based on a DLC fighter before actually announcing said fighter as DLC... That just seems like a really weird move to make. It just makes more sense to me that they'd make a DLC Costume as a sort of the "next best thing" because the actual character isn't playable. And yes, I know that Mii Fighter Costumes exist for playable fighters. However, aren't most of them just Headgear? Not to mention, Headgear that is unlockable through normal means, rather than DLC. Well, I guess the DLC Link Costume is an exception. But Link is an iconic character, and being a sword-user, it only makes sense to create him into a Costume for the Mii Swordfighter.

And, let's not forget that we actually don't know what the exact current standings are in the official ballot. We can make as many fan polls as we want, but... There are probably people who voted, but did not participate in the fan polls. Maybe King K. Rool isn't quite as high up there as we thought. Maybe someone else has a big lead. Who knows? Not us, that's for sure!
To be honest, people never should have taken the trademark as evidence of anything.

Peach had been in Smash Bros for a few years BEFORE she ever got a trademark.

Rosalina had her Japanese trademark ("ROSETTA") since 2007, but absolutely nothing was done with it until recently.

Eureka

Smash Ace
Yes, because Meta Knight was in Brawl and obviously not going to be omitted from SSB4
Lucas and Wolf say hi.

Seriously guys, King K. Rool being a costume does not mean he's not gettting in. Honestly, I this makes his inclusion even more likely. Think about it. Nintendo wouldn't release a costume of a character if they didn't think it would sell. So clearly, Nintendo still thinks King K. Rool is relevant, even though he hasn't been in a game in a while. Considering that's many people's biggest point to why he won't make it, I think this makes the case for the big guy all the more stronger.

Last edited:

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
A very tired game producer named Sakurai sat alone near an old tree, waiting for the day to end. Soon a cheerful alligator strolled by with a happy little alligator walk and he said:

" Hello there, I am an alligator. But really I want to be the next DLC Character for Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS. "

"Oh." Replied Sakurai, which was followed by a slightly awkward silence.

"One day I will achieve my dream, I just know it!"

"Goooood luck?"

"Do you believe in me, dear Sakurai? Do you believe in my dreams?"

" Everyone has dreams, but most never achieve them. I wish you luck, but I think it's more likely that you'll just be a Mii Fighter Costume."

"I don't want to talk to you anymore." said the alligator, and he wobbled away. Sakurai was alone once again.

Last edited:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
kamennootoko/Masked Man here. Sorry for not being more consistent about my handles across SNS; I joined SmashBoards back in 2001, lol.

Top Bottom