• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

andimidna

Smash Master
I vote...
Agitha
Cia
Lana
Zant

Heh. Well, none of them have enough votes to make it anyways, so I'll skip them.

Looks like Ganon and Vaati are the competitors. Makes sense. 2 of the 3 most important Zelda villains, the other being a Smash staple... almost.
Well, I think they both deserve to be on the chart.
I find Ganon much more likely (Vaati is almost impossible imo)
But I like Vaati more. His character, design, and moveset potential... it's more... interesting.

Can I vote for whoever has less votes of the 2? I hope both make it.
And can I vote for the removal of Toon Sheik now that she'd be impossible due to no transformations and the rise of Impa?
Whoops, just realized she's listed as deconfirmed already. Nevermind.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'm tempted to start a debate on why Vaati still has a good shot after Brawl, but I don't want this to be a Vaati debate thread and I'm too lazy to write something quite that large right now. Darn temptations, stop messing with me...

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I think both Vaati and Ganon should be added, even if it's against the rules. They are both important... Ganon is a lot more important but he is also already half-represented, while Vaati is less iconic but still a recurring boss and he is awesome. I voted for Ganon (in my previous post, this one doesn't count) but if I could, I'd vote for both.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There are no rules about runner-ups being excluded. Just that you can't vote for 2.
If both Ganon and Vaati continue to receive high numbers of votes that are around the same, they will both be included.

I think Vaati would make a great character has a cool look to him as well.
Are you voting?

@ andimidna andimidna
You have to pick one.

Current total:

11 votes Vaati
1 vote Nabooru
2 vote Lana
11 votes Ganon (blue pig edition)
1 vote Ravio
1 vote Toon Ganondorf
3 vote No Additions

....on second thought, I'm going to end it here.
It's clear that Ganon and Vaati are the only serious competitors, and they're dead even at this point.
Both will be included.

Up next is Metroid.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I, too, vote No additions to Metroid. Really, who else is there?

D

Deleted member

I vote no addition. Outside of Ridley, I don't see anyone else as a contender.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I'll go No Additions as well then. We're all pretty sure that if the Metroid franchise gets another representative, Ridley is the next in line.

D

Deleted member

Interesting turn of events; looks like Prince of Sable is going to be redded out.
Might as well red out Richard as well. I forget why we had him in the first place....

1 vote Rundas
6 votes No Additions

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll vote No additions as well.

And we should be seeing lots of green and red spaces on the chart in coming days, if the trend continues.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
No additions.

Japan seems oddly determined to forget the Prime series so I doubt the Hunters from Hunters or Prime 3 would be playable.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
As insane a stretch as it is, I vote Sylux for newcomer. At this point I'm extremely doubtful that Ridley will even be playable(and was always fine with him as a boss), so next to Rundas, Sylux is clearly the better choice for a newcomer.

*raises hate shield*

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
If Ridley is still allowed (he is still not deconfirmed, unlike Prince Saber, Dark Samus, Takamaru, etc), then Ridley of course. If no, then no addition.
Just because compared to him, everyone who can be playable who also is not called Samus or Dark Samus is worthless/unimportant, including Adam, Anthony and Sylux.
EDIT: oh, please, specify rules on the 1st post - it is pretty confusing unless you were reading all of the previous posts until you will reach right one.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Voting Ridley, because the other contenders are either awkward to implement and/or are already 100% confirmed/rumoured for non-playable statuses (Mother Brain, Dark Samus, Kraid (rumoured Smash Run boss)), are one-shot unimportant characters that do very little for the canon in the series (hunters), or would be generic and have limited movesets (Anthony Higgs, Adam Malkovich).

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
If Ridley is still allowed (he is still not deconfirmed, unlike Prince Saber, Dark Samus, Takamaru, etc), then Ridley of course. If no, then no addition.
Just because compared to him, everyone who can be playable who also is not called Samus or Dark Samus is worthless/unimportant, including Adam, Anthony and Sylux.
Voting Ridley, as I not only is he my #2 most wanted, but because of all the controversy
Voting Ridley as well.
Voting Ridley, because the other contenders are either awkward to implement and/or are already 100% confirmed/rumoured for non-playable statuses (Mother Brain, Dark Samus, Kraid (rumoured Smash Run boss)), are one-shot unimportant characters that do very little for the canon in the series (hunters), or would be generic and have limited movesets (Anthony Higgs, Adam Malkovich).
Ridley is already in the charts, guys...

D

Deleted member

Ridley's already on the chart, people. Don't vote for him.

1 vote Rundas
2 votes Sylux
10 votes No Additions (Bagan said that if Ridley wasn't an option, then he votes for this option, and SmilingMad copied his vote)

I'm considering taking a half day on Metroid due to all the sheer votes for No Additions....

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
No additions. The Hunters are dead, there's zero merit for MB, and our only other characters become unimportant squad members from Other M or those animals that teach you how to walljump and shinespark. Metroid quite literally has nothing beyond the 6 we listed.

Let's just bring this to a half-day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, then we'll take Metroid to a close. No Additions it is.

.....but wait, remember when I said this?

Also, there will be two additions that I will keep undisclosed until their charts are up. You may or may not agree with them, but TOO BAD WALUIGI TIME! I have my reasons.
Well, one of those two is from the Metroid series, so there will be at least that addition. Those who know me well enough will know who it is.
The rest of you, however....will just have to wait and see. :troll:

So next is Yoshi.
There is only one character I think would be getting votes if anyone:

D

Deleted member

Damn, I forgot about the Stork. Now there's going to be a rain of people voting for the Stork....

1 vote No Additions

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I vote no additions. If the Stork is the best option, Yoshi doesn't need anyone else.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I vote for no additions. The Yoshi series hasn't many interesting characters. Baby Bowser would be a lighter and faster Bowser, the same as Toon Link to Link... but I dont want clones. Baby Mario and Luigi are already in, the option of having both of them as a single character is interesting as well (Mario & Luigi Partners in Time like)...
but I prefer voting for no additions.

D

Deleted member

Are "Baby Bros." a viable option to vote for? I feel like they have a better chance together compared to them being on there own.
No team pairings unless there's no other option.
i.e. Baby Mario could very well be alone. Baby Luigi can't, but he's on the chart in the case that he and Baby Mario are in fact paired up.

1 vote Bandit (who?)
3 votes No Additions

Top Bottom