• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Greninja's tongue is still weird and gross. idc.
Should've been clouds.
Glad I'm not the only one who still thinks this.

When I first saw the Greninja leak I thought he was fake just because of how ridiculous the tongue/head shape was... It looked nothing like Frogadier. ;.;

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know what you people are talking about

4 greninjas sounds like the hottest smash match possible.

I also sure there are some other smash characters that would enjoy fighting greninja

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Oh god I'm just now realizing how many peverted pics featuring Greninja and his tongue we'll be getting now.

He would have looked so much cooler with a scarf made of bubbles/clouds. Why the huge ass tongue?? :urg:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I will concede that it was a bit jarring that the bubbles were (almost) completely dropped, I don't think they would've worked as well as a scarf, at least appearance-wise. At least with the tongue it looks like a scarf, the bubbles I don't think would've gotten that same feel.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Since when did someone who never played a Mega Man game prefer him to every other character?
I've played the first three games this year.
I ordered them based on who looks the most interesting, Mega Man is a projectile maniac, which I like.
Villager's completely out there moveset put him in second.
Little Mac beat out Rosalina because meh.
I explained Greninja and Miss Fit, both of them are even more meh to me.
Oh god I'm just now realizing how many peverted pics featuring Greninja and his tongue we'll be getting now.
Unfortunately, I can barely find any, it seems that Miss Fit is the only character that people really jumped on in that regard. I'm disappointed with the internet.

I don't get the issue with the tongue, it was a pretty damn clever idea considering Greninja is a frog. Certainly my favorite of the three starters.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I was just thinking... Earlier there was apparently someone from Nintendo that said we may have missed something in the direct...

Sure the obvious thing people jump to is newcomers, and I'm sure people must have scoured the direct. But what if they missed something they weren't looking for?

What are the odds that a certain box could be hiding in a strategically placed spot during one of the quick moments where you might not see it?

I know, I'm looking too hard into things, but you never know... Might just be time to catch some Z's.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Ugh... all that tongue slapping... yuck.

I was very much looking forward to using Fennekin until I saw its evos, so I switched to Frogadier until I saw its evo, and then finally landed on Chesnaught. :rotfl:
Why couldn't they have stuck with the cloudy motif the first two evos had? That was so much better than wrapping your tongue around your neck. Even that's a weird sentence. :p
Honestly, that's one of the reasons why I didn't choose Froakie. I chose Fennekin, because I do like its final evo (I have a soft spot for Pokemon based on foxes/kitsune).

But whatever floats yer boat, right?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still think Delphox is one of the ugliest pokemon ever made

Edit: I meant Delphox not Braixen

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I find it ironic that me and a lot of others thought Chespin and Fennekin were going to be the best starters, and Froakie was favoured by a minority.
Then they evolved, Chespin became a ball with a face, Fennekin has a stick in its...hindquarters, and Froakie turned into a badass ninja and is now in Smash Bros.

Well, it's not the first mistake I've made...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I find it ironic that me and a lot of others thought Chespin and Fennekin were going to be the best starters, and Froakie was favoured by a minority.
Then they evolved, Chespin became a ball with a face, Fennekin has a stick in its...hindquarters, and Froakie turned into a badass ninja and is now in Smash Bros.

That's odd, I thought Chespin fans were the minority. Every where I went people hated Chespin.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was team Froakie from day 1

Chespin is just a grass Oshawott

And Fenniken is just a 1 tailed vulpix

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Honestly, that's one of the reasons why I didn't choose Froakie. I chose Fennekin, because I do like its final evo (I have a soft spot for Pokemon based on foxes/kitsune).

But whatever floats yer boat, right?
I would've been much more content with Delphox if it hadn't ended up looking like the wolf trying to disguise itself as Little Red Riding Hood's grandma, but yesh, normally I like the fox/kitsune/general canine Pokemon too. I don't mean to speak so poorly of the starters for Gen 6... but I can't say I wasn't personally disappointed by how they ended up. I did like that the grass starter wasn't a reptile for once...
And I guess I'll be sticking to Ninetales for my firey fox needs.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I feel like the 3rd stage evos were pretty damn bad. Only gen so far where the 2nd stage was imo the best for every single starter (in terms of design obviously).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I feel like the 3rd stage evos were pretty damn bad. Only gen so far where the 2nd stage was imo the best for every single starter (in terms of design obviously).
No way, Quilladin was fugly. Rushed past that thing as soon as I could. :p

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Pft, I was Team Froakie before it was cool...

It's really funny to look back at that and see how it changed. Before then, Fennekin was the big starter everyone loved while the other two remained in the shadows, then evolution hit and everyone jumped ship from the poor thing so fast you'd think there was an active atomic bomb on it (which is interesting, because I like Delphox more then I do the other two). Chespin remained the same overall, though Quilladin got some hate. Froakie steadily improved when people realized it was a thief/ninja, and then did a complete 180 when its final evolution was revealed and the initial backlash against all of them settled.

Goes to show that first appearances can be deceiving, huh?

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Braixen was my favorite of the batch. It's cute, cool, and well... foxy. *shot* Fun fact that I have a shiny female Braixen that I use more than one of my Delphox.
I don't mind Delphox myself. It looks cool to me because I'm sometimes a sucker for certain kinds of magic and wizards, but the very limited movepool is just... gag. It's a wizard, and should at least be able to learn Thunderbolt, but it can't.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Another funny thing is that everyone thought Greninja was going to be water/ fighting

When I suggested he was going to be dark because he was a ninja, the response I got was:

"What the hell do ninjas have to do with dark?"

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Another funny thing is that everyone thought Greninja was going to be water/ fighting

When I suggested he was going to be dark because he was a ninja, the response I got was:

"What the hell do ninjas have to do with dark?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom