• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Pretty much the same deal here. I've regretted missing out on loads of 3DS games before this (my last purchase before X/Y was MK7), and for once I have money to blow.
I actually sold a large amount of games because I still haven't gotten my Wii U yet, I've been holding out for a big opportunity and as a result, I've got a lot of money saved, but enough reluctance to hold back on buying games. Though my brutal on the inside platformer itch needs to get scratched soon.
Plus, I might not look or act like it half the time, but I'm actually a huge Yoshi fangirl.
Everyone likes Yoshi on the inside. I grew up with Yoshi's Story! :laugh:
Eh, I'll stick to Virtual Console games for right now...
Shameless Plug: Yoshi's Story on the Wii VC for 1000 Points! I recommend it!

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Skipping Yoshi's New Island...I have enough games to play. Plus I didn't think Yoshi's Island was that great. Fun and cute but not great.

I want to beat Y (told myself I'd beat that before I started Bravely Default, nope), BD, and DKCR 3DS.
I'm pretty terrible.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I actually prefer Yoshi Story to these Yoshi Island games. (Except for the first one)
I'm not all too pumped about Yoshi's New Island game as I am for Yarn Yoshi. New Island looks underwhelming i'll probably get later down the line if I get positive feed back from word of mouth.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm just waiting for MGS V. Soon I'll be able to play Ground Zeroes at least, hopefully Phantom Pain won't be too far behind.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I want to beat Y (told myself I'd beat that before I started Bravely Default, nope), BD, and DKCR 3DS.
I'm pretty terrible.
Too many new games. At least you admit it rather than say you'll get to it "eventually". Took me 3 months to get my brother to just beat the Champion from the last E4 member in X. Just because Winter Steam Sale happened.
Bravely Default has taken over my school. Seriously, everyone is playing it, everyone is getting it, I know two people who don't want to get it and myself.
That and I have to beat Sunshine this month to satisfy my 2 year tradition.
I'm just waiting for MGS V. Soon I'll be able to play Ground Zeroes at least, hopefully Phantom Pain won't be too far behind.
There's that too. Though it's just Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo 2.0.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Too many new games. At least you admit it rather than say you'll get to it "eventually". Took me 3 months to get my brother to just beat the Champion in X.
Took me a while as well.
...Mostly cause I had to reset the game...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still haven't beaten the champion in Black and White

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I actually beat X pretty quickly, though I haven't really touched the game since. It's kind of depressing that my level 100 Goodra fails miserably against people online who breed for perfect stats, and I'm far too lazy to do it myself. I finally got a Misdreavus too, but I don't want to waste my only dusk stone on it to get the Mismagius I've been wanting because I would rather try breeding to get one with perfect stats, but then the lazy part kicks in and I ended up not having a Mismagius.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What? You get the Bad Egg glitch or something? If so, my condolences. Or something worse? Digital Save Reset issue?
Not really a glitch.
I never got past the second fight with the Team Flare leader.
I had to reset cause my team was sucky.
...Yeah, it's that kind of game.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Screw Yoshi! Baby Yoshi for Smash!!!!
...Well, there's not really a huge difference. Though with older Yoshi being the norm now, the baby Yoshis in YS aren't exactly being regarded as much as the older, typical Yoshi.
Hey, you know what I would like to see out of the POTDs?
Stages.

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
I actually prefer Yoshi Story to these Yoshi Island games.
(Except for the first one)
I'm not all too pumped about Yoshi's New Island game as I am for Yarn Yoshi. New Island looks underwhelming i'll probably get later down the line if I get positive feed back from word of mouth.
Yoshi's Story is where it's at! I honestly enjoyed the second game, but not to the same extent as the first. Too much baby switching involved (and Wario, TOO much Wario), but at least it had a different plot compared to New Island.

I'm on a borderline for deciding on the purchasing the third game. The new gimmicks do not sell it for me, nor does the music (it's about 50/50). However, I did see some gameplay of some of the removed content from the first game and it has brought my hopes up a bit. One was the ice watermelon: now, frozen enemies slide (like in Kirby) compared to just breaking apart; which could be used to reach an enclosed flower.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should make a baby baby Yoshi and a baby baby mario

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I actually beat X pretty quickly, though I haven't really touched the game since. It's kind of depressing that my level 100 Goodra fails miserably against people online who breed for perfect stats, and I'm far too lazy to do it myself. I finally got a Misdreavus too, but I don't want to waste my only dusk stone on it to get the Mismagius I've been wanting because I would rather try breeding to get one with perfect stats, but then the lazy part kicks in and I ended up not having a Mismagius.
You would not want to fight me. I'm a hardcore competitive player that breeds for exact ivs and evs.
I beat the main campaign of Y in 24 hours, actually... I raced a few friends to get through it as fast as possible.
They should make a baby baby Yoshi and a baby baby mario
What would that be? Would they be like Munna or Solosis?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I prefer just to breed my favorite pokemon to perfection, rather than breeding a perfect team to perfection

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You would not want to fight me. I'm a hardcore competitive player that breeds for exact ivs and evs.
I beat the main campaign of Y in 24 hours, actually... I raced a few friends to get through it as fast as possible.
I fought Admiral Pit and he wiped the floor with my team, which is why I gave up on Pokemon. It's jarring to go from beating everything in the game with one hit and then going into a battle with a real person and losing terribly. I almost wish I could get someone to breed my teams for me since I don't even know what I'm doing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

What would that be? Would they be like Munna or Solosis?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I fought Admiral Pit and he wiped the floor with my team, which is why I gave up on Pokemon. It's jarring to go from beating everything in the game with one hit and then going into a battle with a real person and losing terribly. I almost wish I could get someone to breed my teams for me since I don't even know what I'm doing.
I am actually a former professional breeder. I got plenty of good Pokemon for it, too.
I've played OU competitive since generation IV and it's getting to be really weird for me.
Since Weather Teams are all OU again, I've got to prepare a Cloud Niner to check the teams, but as to who..?
Honestly, it helps if you live in a community with a lot of Pokemon competitive players. You all work together to get the Pokemon you need.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I HAVE played a platformer as a fetus before
This is no ordinary fetus platformer! This is a platformer where you are balancing one on an egg!

This game could possibly be the hardest game you've ever played! I'm talking Dark Souls mixed with F-Zero mixed with that Walrus from Diddy Kong Racing hard.

You must have the determination of a thousand suns and make the oath that this game will never de-fetus! :troll:

I'll see myself out.

Last edited:

ndayday

BRoomer
Too many new games. At least you admit it rather than say you'll get to it "eventually". Took me 3 months to get my brother to just beat the Champion from the last E4 member in X. Just because Winter Steam Sale happened.
Bravely Default has taken over my school. Seriously, everyone is playing it, everyone is getting it, I know two people who don't want to get it and myself.
That and I have to beat Sunshine this month to satisfy my 2 year tradition.

There's that too. Though it's just Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo 2.0.
To be fair I had X and was well into that but lost it.
So as much as I want to get back to my projects I can't. It's just more like losing X killed my mood completely for Pokemon, I've never lost a Pokemon game before this and it really sucks.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be fair I had X and was well into that but lost it.
So as much as I want to get back to my projects I can't. It's just more like losing X killed my mood completely for Pokemon, I've never lost a Pokemon game before this and it really sucks.
Did you use the EXP Share?

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I am actually a former professional breeder. I got plenty of good Pokemon for it, too.
I've played OU competitive since generation IV and it's getting to be really weird for me.
Since Weather Teams are all OU again, I've got to prepare a Cloud Niner to check the teams, but as to who..?
Honestly, it helps if you live in a community with a lot of Pokemon competitive players. You all work together to get the Pokemon you need.
I'm not interested in competitive Pokemon, it just hits hard when you lose so badly against someone, with no chance at all to win. I'd rather just have my team with the best stats possible so I at least feel like I have some kind of a chance, and at least last longer than a minute in a battle. I just like using my favorite Pokemon.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I'm not interested in competitive Pokemon, it just hits hard when you lose so badly against someone, with no chance at all to win. I'd rather just have my team with the best stats possible so I at least feel like I have some kind of a chance, and at least last longer than a minute in a battle. I just like using my favorite Pokemon.
At least yours isn't Pichu.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Is it popular? Just sounds like a ripoff of Pikachu to me. :upsidedown:

Also is KI:oMaM any good? I have enough for it, but idk if I should just wait a month for something else (like an opportunity to get a fourth copy of KSS)
Honestly, it isn't bad.
I was able to beat the game. It's hard, but I found it enjoyable...

ndayday

BRoomer
Did you use the EXP Share?
But of course. My run through Y is going well it's just I don't want to get back to it lol. I transferred Pokemon so I just sweep through everything but it's still boring and I just want to get to the point where I can breed and run in grass for hours again. Like I said losing X just sucksssss. Almost a full box of shinies (not chain fished either) and my just hatched 31/31/31/31/31/31 Jolly Aerodactyl LOST FOREVER.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But of course. My run through Y is going well it's just I don't want to get back to it lol. I transferred Pokemon so I just sweep through everything but it's still boring and I just want to get to the point where I can breed and run in grass for hours again. Like I said losing X just sucksssss. Almost a full box of shinies (not chain fished either) and my just hatched 31/31/31/31/31/31 Jolly Aerodactyl LOST FOREVER.
If I can, how did you lose X?

Though I'm on the same boat. I traded in X a long time ago.

Are the enemies interesting?
I guess, I never really felt many stood out though.
they we're just kinda there for me.
The bosses however!

Are the secrets as convolutedly impossible as in the first one?
I think so.
Though I did feel there wasn't much need for them.
I was able to get all eight of the bow upgrades and two special items just be check all the stores out there.

What did you like about it?
Mostly the challenge.
It's a hard game I'll admit that. So it did keep me on my toes.

Last edited:

ndayday

BRoomer
My theory is that I put it in my coat pocket and it flew out in a parking lot or at work. Either that or it's hidden in my car very well.
it's been 3 months so I doubt I'll ever find it.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
My theory is that I put it in my coat pocket and it flew out in a parking lot or at work. Either that or it's hidden in my car very well.
it's been 3 months so I doubt I'll ever find it.
Well, that sucks.

Though honestly, I felt that X/Y was really flawed in execution.

One thing being the story.

Now I understand Pokemon isn't the best in that department, but it just felt lifeless.
None of the NPCs (yes, even the rivals) stood out. With most having one or two personality traits at most. Heck, I hardly remember the Gym Leaders.
And then we have Team Flare, with arguably the weakest leader of them all (and even going in blind I knew that guy was the leader. They didn't even bother.)
Oh, and lag. Lot's of it (wanna fun game? Turn 3D on during a Trevenant horde. You can count the frames on you fingers.)

Though despite my complaining it wasn't a bad game.
I did love some of the changes (like Super Training, which is not only a great way to get EVs other than grinding. It finally shows Gamefreak acknowledges them).
Not to mention the Wonder Trade.

It's not bad, but it could be better.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I actually have no interest in competitive Pokemon. Like many communities, it has its jerks and such. I also kinda had some help getting a few pokes. Btw, which Pokemon did I use again?
But like I said, I ain't doing competitive Pokemon. I mean I use a Gardevoir and Shiny Braixen in my team. Tbh, I can't remember the last time I played the game, besides on rare occasions seeing my Braixy-chan (the shiny Braixen), my other Braixens, my group of Gardevoir, and a few other casual Pokemon of mine.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Competitive pokemon is probably the best part of the pokemon fandom.

At least with them, not all conversations end with:

This design is lazy!
Gamefreak is cheap!

No, its about having fun for a change.

Pokemon X and Y have probably the best competitive gameplay yet. So easy to get into as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom