• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's very sad that I'm a part of the top 5 most controversial fanbases. :troll:
Speaking of which

There is a guy in the pool room angry the community doesn't use the terms "gay" or "****" anymore

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Hey, guys check out this awesome infographic.

To me, this is about 50 times more compelling than Milktea's blog thingie, as usually I view blogs and rants and stuff like that with contempt and being biased and dumb and all this other stuff.
I really, really like when people do statistical things and make cool infographics, in fact, I would say this infographic has caused me to 'join' their 'side' in the 'debate' (even though I don't think any of those three words have any real bearing on the situation of sexism within the Smash community).

It should be on the front page of Smashboards, far above and over Milktea's thing (Which I still view with relative contempt, much less so now, it should have never been there in the first place). WARCHAMP7/ALPHAZEALOT WHERE YOU AT?
Edit: Er, there's an actual MIOM article, which I don't want to read, but here ya go. Maybe I should take back what I said about this being on the front page? Still better than Milktea's thing.
Edit Edit: Ha! Scratch that, it's just Q and A with the lovely ladies interviewed. Great!
whoa, I recognize so many names there, kinda cool.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A satirical comedy featuring characters based on WWII Era countries and Ho Yay (unintentionally gay moments)up the wazoo.The fanbase itself is full of Yaoi Fangirls and they can get pretty crazy.
THAT is my least favorite community.

I've known girls like that IRL

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
You know who we also said that too? ROB, Wii Fit Trainer, Pichu, may I go on?

And, to be fair, what's wrong with an obscure character?
Apparently you don't have a problem with Ice Climbers, yet Taro crosses the line.
You can be obscure and still be a good character. Taro is actually pretty crappy character since he can be blitzed by nearly the entire roster of J-Stars due to being ridiculously slow. Although he has a few good speed attacks. But thats all he has going for him outside of being a terrible choice.

Also, Ice Climbers is a bad comparison since people knew they existed way before they were put into smash and Nintendo acknowledges their game. They're also decent choices.

Little to no one knew about Taro in Japan.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You can be obscure and still be a good character. Taro is actually pretty crappy character since he can be blitzed by nearly the entire roster of J-Stars due to being ridiculously slow. Although he has a few good speed attacks. But thats all he has going for him outside of being a terrible choice.

Also, Ice Climbers is a bad comparison since people knew they existed way before they were put into smash and Nintendo acknowledges their game. They're also decent choices.

Luckyman for Master Race! :awesome:

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
It's more popular than you'd think.

I sell custom Pez Dispensers with pennies inside to the kids in my neighbourhood. I market them as Copper Tang Candies. :)
I fall in that category actually. I used to eat paper napkins with my fellow grade schooler. I found the leathery texture nice for the throat. Although I never tried money, I would assume it tasted like lint, dirt, skin oil, and salt.

Marbles were also a nice snack, but I never saw them again...

I'm completely serious.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've said this multiple times. And I'll say this here.
We haven't eve played Taro yet.
We've seen him, but trailers can be misleading.

And slow =/= A bad thing.
Look at Snake.

Let's face it.
Smash is what made them popular. Outside of retro fans. Many would've hardly noticed them. Let alone want them in a game like this.
And even if some people knew, IMO Smash is what really brought them into the spotlight.
My point still stands.

THAT is my least favorite community.

I've known girls like that IRL
I've only seen one strip of Hetalia. It had alpacas.
Completely worth it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, I didn't mean I met Hetalia fans

I've never heard of the series until just now

I meant crazy Yaoi fangirls in general

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I've said this multiple times. And I'll say this here.
We haven't eve played Taro yet.
We've seen him, but trailers can be misleading.
Yeah. Gameplay footage that was put on youtube actually showed off Taro and he was ridiculously bad compared to the other characters that were shown.

And slow =/= A bad thing.
Look at Snake.
Slow when most of the cast can cross a large map in a few seconds and he can barely do anything unless he uses his flying headbutt attacks. Snake can take down the faster characters in Smash depending on how you use him. Taro could probably be the same but it would be much more difficult for him from what we've seen.

Let's face it.
Smash is what made them popular. Outside of retro fans. Many would've hardly noticed them. Let alone want them in a game like this.
And even if some people knew, IMO Smash is what really brought them into the spotlight.
My point still stands.
And that still didn't stop Nintendo from caring about them.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah. Gameplay footage that was put on youtube actually showed off Taro and he was ridiculously bad compared to the other characters that were shown.
It could just be implying his joke status.
And is probably the comic relief of the cast. So it's expected to make him look terrible.

Slow when most of the cast can cross a large map in a few seconds and he can barely do anything unless he uses his flying headbutt attacks. Snake can take down the faster characters in Smash depending on how you use him. Taro could probably be the same but it would be much more difficult for him from what we've seen.
I thought we agreed that we haven't played him yet?
But even then, we don't know his strengths. I'm just saying don't judge a book by it's cover...

Sure, maybe Nintendo.
But what about us?

Tv Tropes would ruin your life like it did to me. :troll:
Implying it already hasn't?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Based on this image alone: Ukraine > Hungary > Belarus > Taiwan > Liechtenstein > Seychelles. :cool:

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Based on this image alone: Ukraine > Hungary > Belarus > Taiwan > Seychelles. :cool:
...Color...Symbolism? I have no idea. I'll just smile and nod, however.
EDIT: HETALIA? That one's on my wait list.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
...Color...Symbolism? I have no idea. I'll just smile and nod, however.
According to Hetalia's world: Ukraine is the ultimate big sister while Belarus is an incestuous psychopath hell bent on killing anyone that dare confronts her Russia. Hungary is the strongest female in Hetalia that is an undefeated warrior and a self proclaimed Yaoi Fangirl (Hence why Italy went gay for Holy Roman Empire). Liechtenstein and Seychelles are both spoiled brats that I'd least care for. Taiwan just screams Mary Sue whenever we see her. Lastly, there's the tomboyish and flirty Belgium.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
According to Hetalia's world: Ukraine is the ultimate big sister while Belarus is an incestuous psychopath hell bent on killing anyone that dare confronts her Russia. Hungary is the strongest female in Hetalia that is an undefeated warrior and a self proclaimed Yaoi Fangirl (Hence why Italy went gay for Holy Roman Empire). Liechtenstein and Seychelles are both spoiled brats that I'd least care for. Taiwan just screams Mary Sue whenever we see her. Lastly, there's the tomboyish and flirty Belgium.
I haven't watched Hetalia yet, it's like 3 in my list to watch. So I'll understand this later, perhaps?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I haven't watched Hetalia yet, it's like 3 in my list to watch. So I'll understand this later, perhaps?
Sure, you'll get it after watching all 5 seasons fast enough. Each episode is 5 minutes long anyway and are full of laughs and Ho Yay symbolism for each character (or shall I say country).

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery

I still want at least one obsure charcter to make the roster..Captain Rainbow would be perfect

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Where is Amurica? :glare:

I just want Dry Bones to be back...
I'm sure Dr. Brennan wants Dry Bones back as well

King of the lame jokes I am.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Where is Amurica? :glare:
I'm listing female characters from hetalia. As for America, he's your average greedy, childish, wannabe hero just like how our country is nowadays.

On the subject of Mario Kart, why the **** would they add a Snowmad to the roster! DX

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom