• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"Spammer's Paradise"

Anyone else come up with a Ridley version of Gangster's Paradise in their head?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The problem with the Ridley thread is it is a spammer's paradise.

Instead of focusing on GAMEPLAY-RELATED IDEAS AND DEBATE REGARDING RIDLEY (obviously with art, visuals, movesets, skillsets, models, etc. fixed in of course, as well as some praise and criticism of the Metroid games sprinkled in), that thread is essentially what this thread is: a social off topic as heck thread that serves minimal purpose.

I've tried to maintain with posting in that thread; I really have. But it goes too fast because it's a social thread.

I think starting a new thread, perhaps with a stricter OP with a culture more like the one of confirmed characters would be the way to go.
Hmm? Really, whenever I visited there, I always at least one person talking about Ridley ideas. With that said, I can see why that happened.

Ridley seems kinda predictable. We know whats going to happen if he's playable so there isn't much to discuss. He is also the most controversial, so while I did see people talk about movesets, I also did see more people complain about the "too big" argument.

Admittedly, the entire reason I wanted to support Ridley was because all my friends did. So, I probably would've eventually become part of the problem if this didn't happen. Embarrass

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Admittedly, the entire reason I wanted to support Ridley because all my friends did. So, I probably would've eventually become part of the problem if this didn't happen. Embarrass
I would recommend either to not blindly follow the example of your friends, or to refrain from making friends in the first place.

Maybe then, you wouldn't contribute to the problem.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The problem with the Ridley thread is it is a spammer's paradise.

Instead of focusing on GAMEPLAY-RELATED IDEAS AND DEBATE REGARDING RIDLEY (obviously with art, visuals, movesets, skillsets, models, etc. fixed in of course, as well as some praise and criticism of the Metroid games sprinkled in), that thread is essentially what this thread is: a social off topic as heck thread that serves minimal purpose.

I've tried to maintain with posting in that thread; I really have. But it goes too fast because it's a social thread.

I think starting a new thread, perhaps with a stricter OP with a culture more like the one of confirmed characters would be the way to go.
The thing is, we tend to go around in circles so often that we get bored and talk about other things, while still trying to keep it on topic. Nintendo hasn't exactly been giving the Metroid franchise any serious attention for the past couple of years.

EDIT: Oh, look over at the thread right now. The mods are turning it into their own little get away. :/

I guess this thread is going to turn into the new Ridley support thread. Sorry to bust in.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, on the OTHER hand Ridley reached 1000 pages

None of you get to post on the 1000th page though

so whoopie!

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hmm? Really, whenever I visited there, I always at least one person talking about Ridley ideas. With that said, I can see why that happened.
Talking about Ridley can mean a lot of things. Usually 90% of the posts were off-topic.
Ridley seems kinda predictable. We know whats going to happen if he's playable so there isn't much to discuss.
I couldn't disagree more. He could break ever rule (that's a good thing IMO) or he could stick to the rules and be totally different.
He is also the most controversial, so while I did see people talk about movesets, I also did see more people complain about the "too big" argument.
The "too big" argument isn't an argument, it's a stupid meme people think is legitimate reasoning. Only the fools truly think that, aka Shokio and his nut huggers. People can legitimately dislike Ridley, for sure.

As for controversial, the Miis and Pac-Man were a lot more controversial. I just think people like Shokio and the people who hate Metroid blow it out of proportion. Truth be told it's like 100 hating idiots and no one else saying "too big" seriously.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Talking about Ridley can mean a lot of things. Usually 90% of the posts were off-topic.
Did you see my posts? What did you think of mine.

I couldn't disagree more. He could break ever rule (that's a good thing IMO) or he could stick to the rules and be totally different.
Well, I haven't play much of the metroid games so I'll take you're word for it.

The "too big" argument isn't an argument, it's a stupid meme people think is legitimate reasoning. Only the fools truly think that, aka Shokio and his nut huggers. People can legitimately dislike Ridley, for sure.

As for controversial, the Miis and Pac-Man were a lot more controversial. I just think people like Shokio and the people who hate Metroid blow it out of proportion. Truth be told it's like 100 hating idiots and no one else saying "too big" seriously.
Never said I agreed with it. I hate it too. However, people kept bringing it up constantly even the supporters. :/

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Okay, I don't even care for Ridley, but filling up a locked thread is kinda abusing/being a jerk. Mods, I used to like some of y'all but, that's changing.

#shotsfiredbymodsbutIamsavedbyeveryoneelseandIlivetorebelanotherday

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'll say this now, if the next time everyone is looking for Falco to be revealed, Krystal is revealed to be playable instead, I will laugh so goddamn hard until the boards crash. Doubly so if for some bassackwards reason, she's confirmed to be the only other Star Fox rep. (I'd miss Falco and Wolf, though.)

Goodnight everybody.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The thing is, we tend to go around in circles so often that we get bored and talk about other things, while still trying to keep it on topic. Nintendo hasn't exactly been giving the Metroid franchise any serious attention for the past couple of years.
That's because you don't dissect the gameplay truly deep. You stop at movesets, which are just one part of gameplay. Skillset, playstyle, moveset cohesiveness, balance, skills, unique traits, assets, how each move would function, 3 different variations of one attack... there's a lot of things you can cover.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Okay, I don't even care for Ridley, but filling up a locked thread is kinda abusing/being a jerk. Mods, I used to like some of y'all but, that's changing.

#shotsfiredbymodsbutIamsavedbyeveryoneelseandIlivetorebelanotherday
Honestly, have you visited that thread=??? It deserves to be locked and parodied as much.

I say that and Ridley is the potential newcomer I want the most. Lots of the pro and anti-Ridley crowd have turned that into a divided and segregated social chat thread and it's unbearable.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bandai/ Tamashii Nations are releasing in their SH Figurearts line...

Last edited:

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Honestly, have you visited that thread=??? It deserves to be locked and parodied as much.

I say that and Ridley is the potential newcomer I want the most. Lots of the pro and anti-Ridley crowd have turned that into a divided and segregated social chat thread and it's unbearable.
Sounds like the comicbookmovie website where everyone chooses a side between Marvel and DC and are somehow compelled to ruthlessly disrespect other's opinions

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When I was planning out who to set up for my fight scene

Never had Godzilla Vs Megazord Vs Michael Jackson come up

But if I wanted to, I could do it now

Totally preordered it

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Did you see my posts? What did you think of mine.
Not gonna lie, it's late, so if I saw anything, I would likely not remember it!!! :laugh:
Never said I agreed with it. I hate it too. However, people kept bringing it up constantly even the supporters. :/
Oh trust me, it's not true. The problem is they aren't doing that thread or their character justice.

Okay, I used to run or help run "The Wind Waker Link" threads here on SWF from 2007-2008 before Brawl came out. How did I help run it=??? I marketed the heck out of Toon Link. I sold why he'd be great, how he could play (lots of different variations, most of them close to what we eventually got), and how each route they could take would be different.

I sold these gameplay aspects, and that made the thread go from abandoned to one of 5 most active character-specific threads for unconfirmed characters (in terms of actual gameplay discussion), and I tried to help keep the creative juices flowing for myself and others on the thread. Granted I wasn't alone (toon.link.underestimated was a gigantic asset, as was Wiseguy, Third K, and a number of other high quality members), but it was a culture we helped create in that thread.

The problem with the Ridley thread is it isn't about the gameplay, it's about the gossip and being the cooler talk at work. It shouldn't be that way. It should be about how Ridley is freaking space pterodactyl dragon thing that could do this, this, and/or this, and how it could do those things. Instead of selling Ridley people on that thread basically just say "eh, whatever, I'm just gonna ramble on about whatever", which has thus become the culture and the bases of that thread. It's so bad there THE MODS ARE PARODYING IT RIGHT NOW!!!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Between 15-30 minutes. Maybe 45. It's mostly routine maintenance (remember the DDoS attack that lasted a month and more?)

Or it's just Warchamp breaking the forums again.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Btw I'm pretty sure the thread closing was a mod joke as people have said that it would be trolly to end it on 999 and other mods have hinted atbit
Regardless, that thread needs a reboot. It's not even a Ridley-centric community or debate community, it's just another social thread.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Not gonna lie, it's late, so if I saw anything, I would likely not remember it!!! :laugh:

Oh trust me, it's not true. The problem is they aren't doing that thread or their character justice.

Okay, I used to run or help run "The Wind Waker Link" threads here on SWF from 2007-2008 before Brawl came out. How did I help run it=??? I marketed the heck out of Toon Link. I sold why he'd be great, how he could play (lots of different variations, most of them close to what we eventually got), and how each route they could take would be different.

I sold these gameplay aspects, and that made the thread go from abandoned to one of 5 most active character-specific threads for unconfirmed characters (in terms of actual gameplay discussion), and I tried to help keep the creative juices flowing for myself and others on the thread. Granted I wasn't alone (toon.link.underestimated was a gigantic asset, as was Wiseguy, Third K, and a number of other high quality members), but it was a culture we helped create in that thread.

The problem with the Ridley thread is it isn't about the gameplay, it's about the gossip and being the cooler talk at work. It shouldn't be that way. It should be about how Ridley is freaking space pterodactyl dragon thing that could do this, this, and/or this, and how it could do those things. Instead of selling Ridley people on that thread basically just say "eh, whatever, I'm just gonna ramble on about whatever", which has thus become the culture and the bases of that thread. It's so bad there THE MODS ARE PARODYING IT RIGHT NOW!!!
We weren't doing any of this to "parody" anything. And in fact, lots of people immediately started discussing gameplay.

The thread/posters are only as bad as you make them out to be. Rather than talk smack about it here or in private, you should man up and share your thoughts on said thread.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I'll say this now, if the next time everyone is looking for Falco to be revealed and instead Krystal is revealed to be playable, I will laugh so goddamn hard until the boards crash. Doubly so if for some bassackwards reason, she's confirmed to be the only other Star Fox rep. (I'd miss Falco and Wolf, though.)
If they were in Melee and Brawl, they're in. Period.

Last edited:

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
If they were in Melee and Brawl, they're in. Period.
Keep the faith.
Of course I would like Wolf to return and to have Krystal return as well. Why not have four Star Fox reps? Star Fox is the big rumor right now for Wii U anyways. lol

EDIT: I said rumor, I meant that there is a lot of secrecy around the game. But it is announced. No rumor. It's happening.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Keep the faith.
Of course I would like Wolf to return and to have Krystal return as well. Why not have four Star Fox reps? Star Fox is the big rumor right now for Wii U anyways. lol

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sounds like the comicbookmovie website where everyone chooses a side between Marvel and DC and are somehow compelled to ruthlessly disrespect other's opinions
I've maybe visited such a site twice. Usually the comic book sites I frequent have everyone rag on specific series, or, if they rag on Marvel or DC, they rag on both, usually because a few indie(-ish) comic books/graphic novels/series are stealing the spotlight with their superior quality.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This guy on a review for a sweatshirt I want to get complained he had a buy an XL

The thing is, he's a whole foot larger than me, and I wear large sweatshirts

I'm not fat or anything. A little muscular even.

I couldn't imagine being a foot larger than me and not having to wear an XL

Edit: Then again, he could just be REALLY thin and tall

There are a lot of people on this site quite taller than me but weight quite less.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I can't help thinking that you were looking for an opportunity to post that image.
No I honestly never actually wait for oppurtune moments to post things. Everything just comes off the top of my head.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Please tell me the advertisements on this site don't reflect my search history.

Because it's adds about preteen Disney Channel girls

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Please tell me the advertisements on this site don't reflect my search history.

Because it's adds about preteen Disney Channel girls
Speaking of things relating to search history.
It still puzzles me as to why a compilation of all MLP songs is a recommended video on Youtube for me.

Also I've been thinking this ever since I saw the first trailer for the new TMNT movie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom