• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Smash speculation

Multiple Ridley threads, all locked

Anyone else having nostalgia?

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Alt costume for Link is inspiring in the fact that they'll get more creative with everyone's alts.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I'm kinda salty that the Ridley thread got locked before we reached 1000. Would have preferred being locked on 1001. :ohwell:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Smash speculation

Multiple Ridley threads, all locked

Anyone else having nostalgia?
The only thing missing now is the massive wailing from the fanbase after the roster is leaked.

Oh, wait. It's already happened with the Gematsu leak.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you guys want to make a Ridley thread you have to be more creative with it

Like your trying to get through a loop hole

It's like none of you were here during Brawl speculation

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm kinda salty that the Ridley thread got locked before we reached 1000. Would have preferred being locked on 1001. :ohwell:
Somewhere out there, Lex Luthor and the Legion of Doom are laughing at yours and everyone else's pain.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Think of it this way. The old Ridley thread had more pages than the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Thatsthejoke.png
Fix'd. PNGs are the future man.:p

The final post of the thread didn't give me much of a joke impression, to be quite honest. But hey, whatever. I'll see where this goes.
Think of it this way. The old Ridley thread had more pages than the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
This makes it slightly more okay. :b:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Ridley X for smash, or Meta Ridley for Smash, or Ridley Clone for smash

You guys aren't even trying

D

Deleted member

No one bothered trying to make a Meta Ridley thread, which shows how incompetent people can be.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Page limit?
Gamefaqs topics auto-lock once they reach 500 posts.

Anyway, here's what I planned on posting:

PAGE 1,000!
Lookit that, Ridley! A thousand pages full of dedication and support just for you!

What do you think of that?

"...Eh, that's nice."

-----
It's funny, that was the first picture I saw in the Ridley thread, I even used it as my first icon on this site.

It's fitting that would be the last picture I see related to the thread.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would we try? It's already over. :urg:

How many pages did the Ridley thread continue after it was already over?

It's been months

But that's what Ridley fans do

They don't know when to stop

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Or make threads of OTHER people named Ridley that are secretly a Ridley support thread

Like Ridley Scott for Smash

Or

Ridley Silverlake for smash

Or

Ridley Sea Turtle for Smash

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What happened to the Ridley thread happened in every other thread that reached that many posts, lol.

Also, to be fair, I got the 9,001st, 69,000th, 69,069th, 100,000th, and 100,001st (double posting YEAH!) post in the old Smash 4 thread (back before this board existed), haha.

Half of that was by accident.

But hey, at least when I waited for that I had dang good posts pre-recorded on Word to post there.

If you're gonna get a milestone post number, make a milestone post.

domokl

Smash Lord
But alas if the thread had reached 1000……………… the ridpocalypse would hapen

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Come to think of it, Ridley forming a fellowship that includes Kraid, Draygon, Crocomire, Phantoon, and other Metroid baddies would be pretty badass.
Ridley: I can’t do this, Croc.

Crocomire: I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even need to be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Ridley. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want it to end. Because who would even want an end? How could the world dare to go back to the way it was when so much has been conquered?

But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this setback. Even light must wane. A new era will come. And when the stars collapse, they will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too big to understand why. But I think, Ridley, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. They kept going because they were holding onto something.

Ridley: What are we holding on to, Croc?

Crocomire: That there’s power to claim in this universe, Ridley. And it’s worth subjugating for.

I feel mentioned.
Are you also a xenoreptiloid of gargantuan proportions?

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The problem with the Ridley thread is it is a spammer's paradise.

Instead of focusing on GAMEPLAY-RELATED IDEAS AND DEBATE REGARDING RIDLEY (obviously with art, visuals, movesets, skillsets, models, etc. fixed in of course, as well as some praise and criticism of the Metroid games sprinkled in), that thread is essentially what this thread is: a social off topic as heck thread that serves minimal purpose.

I've tried to maintain with posting in that thread; I really have. But it goes too fast because it's a social thread.

I think starting a new thread, perhaps with a stricter OP with a culture more like the one of confirmed characters would be the way to go.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
You know, what if tonight's pic of the day instead revealed "Boss Hazard" Ridley? That would have been more than a kick to the balls.

domokl

Smash Lord
The problem with the Ridley thread is it is a spammer's paradise.

Instead of focusing on GAMEPLAY-RELATED IDEAS AND DEBATE REGARDING RIDLEY (obviously with art, visuals, movesets, skillsets, models, etc. fixed in of course, as well as some praise and criticism of the Metroid games sprinkled in), that thread is essentially what this thread is: a social off topic as heck thread that serves minimal purpose.

I've tried to maintain with posting in that thread; I really have. But it goes too fast because it's a social thread.

I think starting a new thread, perhaps with a stricter OP with a culture more like the one of confirmed characters would be the way to go.
Btw I'm pretty sure the thread closing was a mod joke as people have said that it would be trolly to end it on 999 and other mods have hinted atbit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom