• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah, Sonic is SO Nintendo-friendly.

That's why SEGA and Nintendo were rivals in the 90s, right?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, Sonic is SO Nintendo-friendly.

That's why SEGA and Nintendo were rivals in the 90s, right?
That rivalry was mostly caused by sexual tension

When the social stigmas were removed, they let go of their inhibitions

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Sonic can't say that.
MegaMan has been dead lately. The only thing keeping him alive for Nintendo now is virtual console. Sonic has been getting more support from Nintendo than MegaMan ever since Sonic became third party. Nintendo basically DUMPED MegaMan as far as mainstream titles and Nintendo exclusives. Hell, Sonic's games are even shown off in Nintendo Directs, MegaMan isn't supported like that. And yes, there is VC for Sonic from when SEGA and Nintendo were rivals.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Different =/= good or bad

Something that is different hasn't got any necessary connotations of good and bad. I suppose this is basic logic at work, but whatever.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
MegaMan has been dead lately. The only thing keeping him alive for Nintendo now is virtual console. Sonic has been getting more support from Nintendo than MegaMan ever since Sonic became third party. Nintendo basically DUMPED MegaMan as far as mainstream titles and Nintendo exclusives. Hell, Sonic's games are even shown off in Nintendo Directs, MegaMan isn't supported like that. And yes, there is VC for Sonic from when SEGA and Nintendo were rivals.
4 years isn't dead, especially when Pit went 21 years without a game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Something I've been wondering about: what if Nintendo really did buy MegaMan? (or Capcom's IPs in general) Would it turn out good or bad?

What about them buying Sonic?
Could it be worse than Capcom NOT using the character?

I imagine if Nintendo DID buy Capcom, a new Mega Man game would be a first project under them.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Capcom has made Zelda games in the past

They've had ties with Nintendo

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
1) The lack of Megaman games has to do with Capcom itself, not Nintendo. You want to blame the lack of Megaman support, blame Capcom.

2) The last few retail Megaman games made, like the Starforce and ZX series, were Nintendo exclusive.

3) Before it was canned, Legends 3 was going to be Nintendo exclusive anyway.

4) The last major Megaman game, Megaman 10. Which was 4 years ago, about as long as Metroid. That's hardly long enough to call a series dead. The only reason people say that is that they overreact on the internet.

5) Nintendo Directs don't have much to do with anything. They show off anything that's Nintendo exlcusive. Even if it's just an indie game. Hell, they even showed Rayman if I'm not mistaken. Again, Nintendo didn't "drop" Megaman, Capcom did.

Last edited:

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
This made me chuckle.

Nintendo would actually make some decent entires in both franchises.
I actually hope that if Nintendo does get Mega Man, he gets kind of a Zelda/Splatoon treatment (third person adventure/shooter)

Please don't hurt me.

EDIT: Kind of like Star Fox Assault's on-ground missions.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
You know something great about Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS that everybody already knows but so cool I have to bring up again?

The fact that Doc Louis is in Mac's victory screen.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually hope that if Nintendo does get Mega Man, he gets kind of a Zelda/Splatoon treatment (third person adventure/shooter)

Please don't hurt me.

EDIT: Kind of like Star Fox Assault's on-ground missions.
So, Mega Man legends?

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Brawl was also four years before Smash 4's development, and that still didn't get MegaMan into Brawl!
What on earth did you just quote? I definitely didn't say any of that.

And what does the development cycle of Smash have to do with MegaMan not being dead, especially considering MegaMan had games after Brawl came out?

Last edited:

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
1) The lack of Megaman games has to do with Capcom itself, not Nintendo. You want to blame the lack of Megaman support, blame Capcom.

2) The last few retail Megaman games made, like the Starforce and ZX series, were Nintendo exclusive.

3) Before it was canned, Legends 3 was going to be Nintendo exclusive anyway.

4) The last major Megaman game, Megaman 10. Which was 4 years ago, about as long as Metroid. That's hardly long enough to call a series dead. The only reason people say that is that they overreact on the internet.

5) Nintendo Directs don't have much to do with anything. They show off anything that's Nintendo exlcusive. Even if it's just an indie game. Hell, they even showed Rayman if I'm not mistaken. Again, Nintendo didn't "drop" Megaman, Capcom did.
Rayman Cunframed

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You guys are reminding me how excited I was for Legends 3

Which makes me pissed it was cancelled

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
While you guys are talking about Capcom, I must say I feel the Smash 4 main theme is the best main theme of all of Smash. :D

I feel it really captures the spirit of Nintendo games. The other themes are all great to listen to, but I just really need a full version of Smash 4's main theme without SFX. ;_;

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So do any of you guys just have that one game that, no matter what, always bring a smile to your face whenever you play it. Whether it be for nostalgia, silliness, both, or whatever other reason(s).

For me that game would be Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. The game is just so charming, silly, lots of nostalgia, and it is just impossible for me to not smile while playing it.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
So do any of you guys just have that one game that, no matter what, always bring a smile to your face whenever you play it. Whether it be for nostalgia, silliness, both, or whatever other reason(s).

For me that game would be Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. The game is just so charming, silly, lots of nostalgia, and it is just impossible for me to not smile while playing it.
Any SSB game.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339

Every N64 game from my childhood.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, Mega Man legends?

So, they could take that, and add more platforming. I think most people would be happy.

You guys are reminding me how excited I was for Legends 3

Which makes me pissed it was cancelled
Everyone was, especially Inafune. I kind of wish he had left Capcom after they made that game. Maybe with him around they would have gotten a greenlight. He did have a pretty high position at Capcom, enough to have some form of influence.

I've got a few games that I could play for hours on end and not get bored.

Tekken 5, Soul Calibur 2, Melee, Megaman X, Megaman X2, Budokai 3, Ultimate Spider-Man. The list goes on.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Well there are games that I'm always happy that I'm playing. However, those games I'm not always smiling.

For example, I'm always happy when I play Kid Icarus: Uprising. However, due to the frustrating and need for concentration, that doesn't I'm going to express my happiness with a smile.

If you are getting what I'm saying.

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
Come on Nintendo make your move on Capcom... I need my Megaman U

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
Want to know what grinds My Gears? That while Lucas actually has big differences from Ness he'll probably get cut while Toon Link was one of the first announced

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
You know what grinds my gears?

Fake Gamer Girls.

So, I'll walk up to a girl with a gaming t-shirt, right? I'll ask her what game she plays. You know what she says?

"Angry Birds."

That's when I call a day and look for someone else.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know what grinds my gears?

Fake Gamer Girls.

So, I'll walk up to a girl with a gaming t-shirt, right? I'll ask her what game she plays. You know what she says?

"Angry Birds."

That's when I call a day and look for someone else.
What the hell kind of gaming t-shirt

Like, "Look at me I'm a gamer"?

Why would anyone want to fake being a gamer?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Want to know what grinds My Gears? That while Lucas actually has big differences from Ness he'll probably get cut while Toon Link was one of the first announced
I don't think there was much that's suggesting Lucas will get axed. And he was a fairly popular choice. I'm worried about Wolf and Falco. I have a bad feeling that one of them will be cut from the roster. Of those two, Wolf would be a bigger disappointment to me. Seeing as he's practically a different character.

Still, with veteran characters, I really want to see Ganon, Captain Falcon and Wario the most. But who knows exactly how many characters will be kept secret until the release date of the 3DS game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom