• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It's almost been two years since B2/W2.

I'm pessimistic most of the time, but here's hoping Mewtwo and Snake have a 0% chance of returning for SSB4.

"Is there anything on, that isn't about boxes!?!" *play Snake joins the Brawl trailer*
*Pokéballs fly* "Luigi' look!"
Still alive.

So much beauty.
This is the best video I've seen in a long time.
I used to find YTPs funny, but I'm just not feeling it anymore.

Seeying that Snake trailer reminds me why I started playing Metal Gear games.

Because of my box fetish.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I don't care about any of Capcom's other IPs.
I just want Nintendo to buy Mega Man.

Also, since a bunch of Capcom's IPs are splitting up, does that mean no more Marvel vs. Capcom?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Nintendo should get Mega Man. Obviously. But add in Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter, Viewtiful Joe, and even Resident Evil. (I think Nintendo might actually go for RE)

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
If only Capcom made one more Megaman game. Now Megaman is doomed to a terrible fate.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It does. But i honestly believe that nintendo could do more with it than Sony.
Not really. The reason why I think Sony will is because RE has been mostly a Playstation thing. Sure there were a couple releases on Nintendo consoles, but for the most part it's been Playstation.
Plus, Nintendo isn't really one to dive into the horror genre.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Not really. The reason why I think Sony will is because RE has been mostly a Playstation thing. Sure there were a couple releases on Nintendo consoles, but for the most part it's been Playstation.
Plus, Nintendo isn't really one to dive into the horror genre.
Nintendo has done a few good horror games though and they also have Fatal Frame.

I'm also sure they'd be looking for a more mature IP to add to their library.

That being said, Konami would probably also go for Resident Evil. And they might be the ones to get it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Nintendo has done a few good horror games though and they also have Fatal Frame.

I'm also sure they'd be looking for a more mature IP to add to their library.
Maybe, but at this rate I'm not sure what their game plan is (and, I was referring to making horror games, owning is a different story).

That being said, Konami would probably also go for Resident Evil. And they might be the ones to get it.
This might be the case.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Maybe, but at this rate I'm not sure what their game plan is (and, I was referring to making horror games, owning is a different story).
Nintendo has pretty much worked on every genre that can actually get a release. They've helped with the famous GCN Konami/Capcom remakes. (Twin Snakes and REmake.)

This might be the case.
It wouldn't be surprising. Konami does make the most sense out of the three.

But doesn't this mean we could get Viewtiful Joe?
It also means that Yellow Devil will finally be playable! :awesome::troll:

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You get an alert every time somebody REPLIES to this thread?

You poor soul. You must be drowning in alerts.
It's not as bad as it use to be lol.

Most of the time when I get 10+ alerts it is because of likes more then anything else. I really need to disable getting alerted for likes, but not sure if I want to and am lazy about it lol.

Hippos can't swim.
I've seen a hippo swim underwater before.

Just kidding! I understood you were curious. Sometimes, I get the feeling some people outside of Europe think of it as one entity, which is far from the truth. What you see about some Europeans definitely don't apply to other Europeans of different countries.
No different then when people generalize Murica'. Sure America is a country while Europe is a continent, but here's a fun fact Europe isn't that much bigger then the US (US = 3.794 million square miles and Europe = 3.931 million square miles) Granted Europe has a bigger gap ahead of us when it comes to population (as of 2012 US = 313.9 mil and as of 2013 Europe = 742.5 mil). But generalizing either is wrong in the end and is only good for a joke.

There's also extreme mantis mating. And moonwalkin' birds.

I <3 animals.
I've always had an affinity towards foxes and wolves myself.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
After listening to the new Gerudo Valley remix, I wonder who's doing the music for this game. I love this new remix because it sounds quite faithful to the original in musical style (Spanish style with acoustic guitars!!) while at the same time taking some liberties (faster rhythm and inserts some new variations of the melody).

Hope the original is also available, since it was on Brawl.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm hoping this time around they use the boss theme from Sonic CD (The JP/PAL version to be specific. As the USA version is, well...).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I am betting they buy certain ips not the whole company. Also anyone else think there could be a second sonic rep? I think it's unlikely though.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So my parents gifted me a PS4 for my birthday. Slick as ****.
Only one thing: I don't have any games on it. They didn't buy any because they were afraid to get a wrong one.
I was thinking Infamous 2 or Trials Fusion (loved Evolution). Is Infamous actually good? The games I really want on the system aren't out yet (Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Alien Isolation, GTA V, Grim Fandango etc...). What do you offer me for the time being?

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So my parents gifted me a PS4 for my birthday. Slick as ****.
Only one thing: I don't have any games on it. They didn't buy any because they were afraid to get a wrong one.
I was thinking Infamous 2 or Trials Fusion (loved Evolution). Is Infamous actually good? The games I really want on the system aren't out yet (Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Alien Isolation, etc...). What do you offer me for the time being?
inFAMOUS is a good series.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
All composers in Kid Icarus: Uprising were among those who worked on Brawl, so I guess it wouldn't be a bad assumption they might return for this game since it's a Sakurai game. Among them are pretty big names too, so it's no wonder KIU has one of the best soundtracks ever.

I wonder if Sakurai will do the same thing as Brawl and hire a ton of composers. That would be great. Considering the My Music feature is returning, it may well be possible.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd be ok with Nintendo buying MegaMan, but just remember that Sonic and SEGA are more Nintendo-friendly than MegaMan and Capcom.
You haven't played many Megaman games have you? Most of them were Nintendo exclusive. Save for some of the Megaman X games. And most of those got ported to the GameCube eventually.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, would anyone complain if Nintendo got Final Fight? lol
Not really. Though if Sony has Street Fighter, like the rumors say, Final Fight characters would either be removed, or owned under Sony. Though this is all just a bunch of ifs.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Look at it this way
1. Has MegaMan appeared in ANY crossovers with Mario? NO
2. Has Sonic appeared in any crossovers with Mario? Yes
He's appeared in a crossover with Pit

Also: SM4SH is a crossover with him and Mario

Edit 2: Since SM4SH and 5MASH are 2 different games, Mega Man has appeared in 2 crossovers with Mario

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Look at it this way
1. Has MegaMan appeared in ANY crossovers with Mario? NO
2. Has Sonic appeared in any crossovers with Mario? Yes
So? The Megaman series as a whole has been pretty loyal to Nintendo. That was the point I was trying to get across. Megaman has appeared in some form or another on every one of Nintendo's home consoles, regardless of crossovers. Sonic can't say that.

Well at least Nintendo has a shot with Ghost N Goblins. :laugh:
True. I think most people would want them to get Megaman and Ace Attorney though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom