• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So my dad is offering me a Verison tablet he got from a deal and I'm not sure if I should take it or not. I use PC, Wii U, & 3DS a lot so I don't know if I'll get the money's worth out of it (and I don't have a smarth phone either).

Should I?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
What other ones do you have in mind?
*takes a deep breath.*

Spider-Man (90's), Mighty Max, Reboot, Transformers: Beast Wars, Pirates of Dark Water, Swat Kats, (early) Thundercats, X-Men (90's), Conan the Barbarian (90's), Batman: The Animated Series (90's and some early millennium stuff), Justice League, Young Justice...

I could go on.

Smooth Criminal

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So my dad is offering me a Verison tablet he got from a deal and I'm not sure if I should take it or not. I use PC, Wii U, & 3DS a lot so I don't know if I'll get the money's worth out of it (and I don't have a smarth phone either).

Should I?
Offering... as in Free?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ah, I haven't actually seen it myself, but I have heard good things about it. However, Airbender came out first, so my statement would still apply methinks.
It's pretty good, but the best stuff is in the 2-3 seasons.
And I'd agree. Here's another:

upload_2014-5-22_17-11-18.jpeg

Morbi

Scavenger
*takes a deep breath.*

Spider-Man (90's), Mighty Max, Reboot, Transformers: Beast Wars, Pirates of Dark Water, Swat Kats, (early) Thundercats, X-Men (90's), Conan the Barbarian (90's), Batman: The Animated Series (90's and some early millennium stuff), Justice League, Young Justice...

I could go on.

Smooth Criminal
I also enjoy Marvel and DC cartoons, I suppose I fallaciously discerned them as a separate entity. I don't really care for anything else on the list, but you know, the notion is subjective.

Should I?
Well; that depends, what would he do with it if you didn't accept it?

Morbi

Scavenger
...were you even alive when Pirates of Dark Water aired? Mighty Max...?

Don't answer that. God I'm old.

Smooth Criminal
I am going to answer because you don't want me to answer. No, I was not alive when Pirates of Dark Water aired. I was; however, alive during the end of Mighty Max. Just barely though.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I was alive, but never saw the Pirates one. Then again, I wasn't allowed to watch much except Looney Tunes. My parents didn't let me watch "trendy" stuff or stuff with magic (so when power rangers came out later I couldn't watch that, and even later when Pokemon came out, wasn't allowed to play or watch) lol

Edit: probably also had to do with the fact that my parents are devout, conservative christians, my dad's a pastor, etc. Went to see a movie at a theater for the first time when I was 18 because my dad wouldn't let me, was homeschooled, didn't have a girlfriend till I was 22, man I'm so glad I live on my own now...thanks for letting me vent guys ;) lol

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I was alive, but never saw the Pirates one. Then again, I wasn't allowed to watch much except Looney Tunes. My parents didn't let me watch "trendy" stuff or stuff with magic (so when power rangers came out later I couldn't watch that, and even later when Pokemon came out, wasn't allowed to play or watch) lol
Why didn't they let you watch "trendy" stuff? Are they hipsters?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The oldest shows I can remember was Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys, Street Sharks, Beast Wars and Beetleborgs

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
one of the most productive fanbases!
The fact that Touhou has a decent playable fan game/good fan-art for so many different series is a good testament to this.

So yeah, I'd say the fandom is pretty productive/creative. It's just a shame that even with all that, there isn't a Touhou Smash game made by a fan.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Oldest cartoon I ever watched.

Also one of the best
You know. I would have said one of the classics, like that. But I started with their 90s renditions and didn't watch the older ones till I got older.

Rainbow Brite and the Star Seer was 1985, that's the oldest Cartoon I can think of that I watched as a kid, even though I was born in 96 xD.

The second closest one to that is Transformers the Movie, 1986, and also the debut of Hot Rod (My fave Transformer) and continued to play a strong roll until the recent live action movies, I'm still butthurt about that.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The second closest one to that is Transformers the Movie, 1986, and also the debut of Hot Rod (My fave Transformer) and continued to play a strong roll until the recent live action movies, I'm still butthurt about that.
Hell yeah, Hot Rod is awesome! That's like, one of the only Transformers I know.

I thought you were talking about the life action movies, actually.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Teen Titans is neat too.

And of course old Disney and Looney Tunes cartoons. They're just fun and charming. No other way to put it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Noooooo. Hot Rod isn't even in the live action movies, something I have never been able to forgive.

So much nostalgia.
You know, to this day, I still don't know why they went with "Dare to be Stupid" of all things for a fight song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom