• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LF2K

Floor Diver
They've just been uploaded, apparently. Some of them are still processing. And yes, these pictures mostly focus on the characters announced in the Direct.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
So far the only one's getting cut is Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Snake. The two pokes because they are assumed to be cut after the Charizard reveal and Snake because licencing stuff could block his return (the only legit reason he'd be out).
And even these are a big maybe since all the Brawl data will be ported and tweaked meaning not too much (relative) work will be needed and this will save time and money reusing these resources. So saying there will be cuts (besides these three) is pretty dumb, tbh.

LF2K

Floor Diver
These new pictures are another press release, it seems. At least, that's what GoNintendo says. :p

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Most likely a photoshop.
Threw this on Skype with a few friends, and they got extremely angry said that
1. it's shopped and
2. apparently somebody came out like this to the greninja leak, and the fact that "anyone can come out and say it's fake" discredits this.
I for one am sure it is fake at this point, but I'd like to see your stance on these points.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I remember being called a troll...by a mod before I came to the social thread.
Why?
Because I was arguing with this one person about the Palutena leak. I told her it was fake unless proven by Sakurai. And yet I was "trolling".
I was right all along.
However, I do think Palutena has a 99% chance of appearing.

D

Deleted member

Sorry to ruin the parade, but this is a poor attempt to take credit for the leak.
http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=f29e69054d3283c67c1a0e39edba7ac20de64881.19117
The photo shows terrible signs of tracing and photo shop attemps
Also Palutena is in the EXACT same pose, while mario is different.

Figured I would respond to this here as opposed to the Character Discussion.

This honestly proves nothing. The Chrom fake looked better while blurry too, while the clear, "kosher" image of Chrom showed heavy signs of being fabricated (as if the one who made the image confessing wasn't enough).

Of course the clearer version of the Palutena image (disregarding changes to Mario's head; that can be attributed to the "leaker" putting a different head on Mario for the image that would be released) looks more like it's been fabricated; because it's clearer. Harder to hide it like in blurred images.
Look at the distortions around Palutena's staff in the clear image. Now look at the blurred one. They're still there.
And through more observations, look at the hand that's holding the staff.
In the clear image, how she's holding it is directly proportionate to the staff's thickness. In the blurred image, the staff other than the part she's grabbing on to is abnormally thicker. Which makes it obvious the blurred image was (crudely) touched up to seem more legitimate.

Last edited by a moderator:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Not that I know of. Like I said earlier, some of the pictures might still be processing. There's over a gigabyte worth of pictures, so they may just need some time.

D

Deleted member

Threw this on Skype with a few friends, and they got extremely angry said that
1. it's shopped and
2. apparently somebody came out like this to the greninja leak, and the fact that "anyone can come out and say it's fake" discredits this.
I for one am sure it is fake at this point, but I'd like to see your stance on these points.
My stance is (and no offense) they're idiots.
1. They can't prove the initial leak image wasn't shopped. As I said in the post before, it's easier to hide obvious shopping when an image is deliberately blurred out in comparison to a clear, untapped original.
2. Nobody came out with a clear image that shows the invalidity of Greninja. Just tried to discredit the image with what little instances they could find. Aside from that, "anyone can come out and say it's real" discredits the initial leak image. See how bad that logic is?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Of course the mods close down the rumors thread right before Palutena-gate heats up again.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
My stance is (and no offense) they're idiots.
1. They can't prove the initial leak image wasn't shopped. As I said in the post before, it's easier to hide obvious shopping when an image is deliberately blurred out in comparison to a clear, untapped original.
2. Nobody came out with a clear image that shows the invalidity of Greninja. Just tried to discredit the image with what little instances they could find. Aside from that, "anyone can come out and say it's real" discredits the initial leak image. See how bad that logic is?
None taken,
I'm pretty sure they're just reacting to the dis confirmation of the leak so widely thought legit by defending it first. "Denial", if you will.
Because I was arguing with this one person about the Palutena leak. I told her it was fake unless proven by Sakurai. And yet I was "trolling".
I was right all along.
This is why i do my best to not believe in leaks too much.
(2bad i believe the sal leak, despite what i want to think.)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It was locked due to constant derailment and near impossibility for the staff to manage it.
Figures, there some people who agree with the Sal Romano leak while many other had argued it's blasphemy. In the end, I'd rather see the full roster by the 3DS version's launch before believe any leak in the first place.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Little Mac and Sheik are about the same size, looking at the new pictures.

Last edited:

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
I find it funny that Yoshi's using a move that involves stars on the Punch Out!! stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom