• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Same. I don't want tons of charge meters, etc.

Don't forget Bandai's there too, of course. I just want L-Cancelling back. I hated Brawl's lame version.
I presume you are talking about auto-cancel? If that is the case then. Brawl's "lame" version is not exclusive to Brawl, therefore it isn't Brawl's, and I believe it was in all 3 Smash games, I know it was definitely in Melee as well at least. Just as an FYI.

So guys....

Do me a favor.

Describe my posting style.
Uhmmmmm. Ermmmmmmm. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Gatsbyish. Yes yes. Very Gatsbyish.

(I am being serious here FYI)

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Well...

Just your thoughts and opinions on how I act and/or argue points.
Can't say much, in that case. Not because there's nothing to be said, but because I hardly keep track of anyone's posting habits and behaviours (let alone my own).

Call it semi-anonymous myopia. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Uhmmmmm. Ermmmmmmm. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Gatsbyish. Yes yes. Very Gatsbyish.

(I am being serious here FYI)
Oh! Hey that's great!

I have no idea what you mean there... You mean like Gatsby out of "The Great Gatsby?"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So guys....

Do me a favor.

Describe my posting style.
2spooky4me.

But if I'm being serious, I would say that you seem laid back. Not too aggressive or random or anything like that. I'd also add that you seem curious. I thought you had asked questions like this before.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Can't say much, in that case. Not because there's nothing to be said, but because I hardly keep track of anyone's posting habits and behaviours (let alone my own).

Call it semi-anonymous myopia. :p
Picking up on posting habits is pretty easy IMO.

Like for example I can tell you take great pride in being the resident witty jokester.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh! Hey that's great!

I have no idea what you mean there... You mean like Gatsby out of "The Great Gatsby?"
Well, Gatsby was a preeeetty awesome dude.

So that sounds about right. Are you also a bootlegger on the side?

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Picking up on posting habits is pretty easy IMO.

Like for example I can tell you take great pride in being the resident witty jokester.
It's probably because I abide by a Live Post In The Moment philosophy in my forum usage.

As for pride, I suppose that can apply. I post whatever amusing thing comes to mind while stroking my Ego.

With "Ego" being the pet name I give to my ****.

Orlly?

What about me? Hummdiddlededum? :L
It's not that you're humourous.

It's that the rest of us are all humouring you. >8D

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
What did you have to do?
Holiday/express packing and eventually being an assistant supervisor/tech support. I knew someone who vouched for me, but they still **** on anyone in the bottom ring. Though I'm sure that's case with most big corporations.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Holiday/express packing and eventually being an assistant supervisor/tech support. I knew someone who vouched for me, but they still **** on anyone in the bottom ring. Though I'm sure that's case with most big corporations.
Interesting.... I work "with" Amazon as a 3rd party seller. Getting close to a year now. Swimming the river can be difficult.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Business is business. The little person(s) gets ****ed while the big boss person(s) makes all the money. It's all about the money honey. (please don't kill me)

Sounds really ****ing busy. I'll stick to being the guy working at FeDEx throwing your fragile holiday packages into a truck.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Orlly?

What about me? Hummdiddlededum? :L
Your posts don't really stand out to me as much as some other peeps so it's a bit harder to pick out distinguishing characteristics (not a bad thing or anything). You just seem like the typical active Smash 4 poster: enjoy goofing around and having fun, super eager to discuss just about anything Smash 4 related, yada yada.

The thing I associate with you the most in particular is that you are a fellow 999 fan (you had the K avatar).

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Pos

Sounds really ****ing busy. I'll stick to being the guy working at FeDEx throwing your fragile holiday packages into a truck.
I prefer IPS. At least they have a Doug Heffernan. :L

Your posts don't really stand out to me as much as some other peeps so it's a bit harder to pick out distinguishing characteristics (not a bad thing or anything). You just seem like the typical active Smash 4 poster: enjoy goofing around and having fun, super eager to discuss just about anything Smash 4 related, yada yada.

The thing I associate with you the most in particular is that you are a fellow 999 fan (you had the K avatar).
Really just anything Smash related. Or anything I find interesting really. :L

I had several 999/VLR avatars actually. I went through the whole cast of 999 and started on the VLR cast only to get distracted by a Santa Ashnard avi for Christmas. It's a real shame that they are having a hard time getitng the managers to produce the final game for the trilogy. At this point it doesn;t seem like it's going to happen. I want my closer goddammit.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Business is business. The little person(s) gets ****ed while the big boss person(s) makes all the money. It's all about the money honey. (please don't kill me)
The money was good. The 13 hour shifts + mandatory overtime without pay, not so much.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I had several 999/VLR avatars actually. I went through the whole cast of 999 and started on the VLR cast only to get distracted by a Santa Ashnard avi for Christmas. It's a real shame that they are having a hard time getitng the managers to produce the final game for the trilogy. At this point it doesn;t seem like it's going to happen. I want my closer goddammit.
You and me both... I love everything about the series it'd be a real heart-breaker for me if it was never finished, especially since VLR ended on such a huge cliffhanger.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
999 and VLR were the games that made me realize Kingdom Hearts story is simple as hell.

And the strong emotions I went through playing both games were a first for me. It usually hard to get a strong emotional response out of me through books, movies, and games. But holy **** did those 2 games bring them out of me. 2 of the best games I have ever ever played. I really hope he can get them to approve of the 3rd one.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I presume you are talking about auto-cancel? If that is the case then. Brawl's "lame" version is not exclusive to Brawl, therefore it isn't Brawl's, and I believe it was in all 3 Smash games, I know it was definitely in Melee as well at least. Just as an FYI.
That works in Melee too. You press the Shield button as you finish an attack to cut down the Lag itself. It's actually usable in Melee, just not in Brawl. The regular fighter stance tech is different and not what I'm talking about. That's in all 3 games. They use the same button, but are different techs.

Screw auto-cancel to all hell. Just lazy when you should cut the lag on your own. You don't need to do it for casual matches, but it helps hone your timing for more important matches.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Eh. I don't feel like getting into another L-cancel debate at this current moment. I've stated how I feel about L-cancel in other threads. It's always the same thing. :L

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Speaking of our fellow users' reception of us, I am frequently told I am nice and\or civil. I have literally had someone IM me to tell me cool I was.

Yet at home I am called a horrible, lazy person.

Either

a) I'm being lied to
b) Smash brings out the good in me
c) I'm lying to impress you guys
d) I'm feigning kindness to make others trust me in a community where no one knows my true nature

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Speaking of our fellow users' reception of us, I am frequently told I am nice and\or civil. I have literally had someone IM me to tell me cool I was.

Either

a) I'm being lied to
d) I'm feigning kindness to make others trust me in a community where no one knows my true nature
Or the people at your home are....... *insert negative word of your choice here* to you. :L

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

Either

a) I'm being lied to
Everyone's online persona is usually pretty different from their real life counterpart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom