• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For 150$ you can get every beatles song in a collection in digital form or you could pay 180$ and get a physical set which comes with stuff

Apparently this has been available for 5 years though, LOL

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
For 150$ you can get every beatles song in a collection in digital form or you could pay 180$ and get a physical set which comes with stuff

Apparently this has been available for 5 years though, LOL
I like The Rolling Stones better anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Want to know the world's best fighting game roster that I've never seen anyone hate?

Mortal Kombat 9. Fan requests, new characters, all the best characters.
MK9's roster was pretty sweet. I liked that they had another ascended glitch character (Skarlet) as DLC. I also really liked having Freddy Krueger and Kratos as guest characters. They fit Mortal Kombat quite well. Although I guess in terms of Mortal Kombat, I'm happy if Ermac is playable. Everyone else is just a bonus.

What's the point of the round table if we can't hear about it afterwards. :|
Because this is what they did at the discussion, and they don't want word getting out of their unproductivity.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh, I didn't think about that

I only buy the mainstream titles

Edit: Although he does specifically say good games I believe and I wouldn't exactly call a lot of the side pokemon games good titles

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like The Rolling Stones better anyway.
Rolling stones also has a digital collection for 150$ and a physical version for 180$

I'm just not as familiar with the rolling stones as I am with the beatles

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
About the earlier topic about the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, I actually like both bands very well. One thing that really grinds my gears though, the RS song "Satisfaction" was a great song, but CTW did a parody of it that was just not equivalent to the real song at all.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Seems like Yuichiro Takeda and Adam Howden are quite happy with Shulk's inclusion in Smash. For reference, the former is one of Xenoblade's scenario writers and the latter is Shulk's English language voice actor.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Seems like Yuichiro Takeda and Adam Howden are quite happy with Shulk's inclusion in Smash. For reference, the former is one of Xenoblade's scenario writers and the latter is Shulk's English language voice actor.
Well, wouldn't you be?
After all JRPG characters have historically not been represented in Smash.

Particularly Isaac.
And besides that, having a character that is part of you like that getting into Smash is a huge honour.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
It's over and it's under strict embargo. We probably won't know anything about it before launch.
Why is Nintendo doing this to us?! First it's, Japan getting Smash 3 weeks before us! Screw you America and Europe! Then, Europe gets it a day before us, screw you America! Then, they announce a new 3DS that will allow for better movement and smashes in Smash. Japan gets it very soon in October, everyone else doesn't even have a release date! Then they pull this crap, where they have a closed door press event and can't say a word about it! What's the point?! Isn't it the job of the media to let people know about stuff, and the job of press events is so the press can let the public know about new information! Gah!!!!!!! I am so frustrated!

D

Deleted member

Well, wouldn't you be?

Particularly Isaac.
And besides that, having a character that is part of you like that getting into Smash is a huge honour.
Your post made me want to send chocolates to Shigesato Itoi. Sure he still has Ness, but he could potentially lose one of his other characters. I think it might be a good idea.

The situation with Adam Howden reminds me of this one scene...

Random Twitter User: How was work today?

Howden: Oh, pretty good. We got a new client (Nintendo) and I will make a lot of money.

Random Twitter User: What client?

Howden: I cannot tell you; it's confidential.

Random Twitter User: Aw, come on. Why not?

Howden: No, I can't. Anyway, how is your sex life?

Why is Nintendo doing this to us?! First it's, Japan getting Smash 3 weeks before us! Screw you America and Europe! Then, Europe gets it a day before us, screw you America! Then, they announce a new 3DS that will allow for better movement and smashes in Smash. Japan gets it very soon in October, everyone else doesn't even have a release date! Then they pull this crap, where they have a closed door press event and can't say a word about it! What's the point?! Isn't it the job of the media to let people know about stuff, and the job of press events is so the press can let the public know about new information! Gah!!!!!!! I am so frustrated!
It's not Europe. Germany gets it a day early due to October 3rd being a national holiday or something like that.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If salt was still used as currency, I'd use this post to buy food for every hungry person in the world.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I'm not surprised about the embargo. Someone did betray them by leaking both the character and stage rosters, via screenshots AND video footage. They're not going to stand for it.

Keep in mind we're not even supposed to know a game's content until release, or if the developers choose to reveal information. The fact some of us demand that they show what was in the conference shows how greedy and demanding we are.

This embargo is just extra insurance.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I don't know who many of those characters are.
However I disagree because you omitted Rocket Raccoon.

The only problem I personally have with MvC3 is the lack of Mega Man. The characters from Street Fighter and Resident Evil are fine at worst. There's a pretty balanced collection of franchises for Capcom.
But Mega Man...

I have no comment about Marvel, but it has Spiderman, the Avengers, Rocket, and Wolverine, so I am content.
They all appeared in both MvC's before 3, and were considered the sort of Main 12, if you will. Well, not Strange, Wright, Rand, or G. Rider, but everyone else. The fact that they were cut, as well as Mega Man, is the reason I bought the Ultimate edition just for the gameplay.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, wouldn't you be?

Particularly Isaac.
Well, we actually have JRPG characters in Smash in the form of Pokémon and Fire Emblem characters. Of course, FE is more of a SRPG and Shulk looks more like traditional JRPG protagonists, so I understand your point.

Isaac would be interesting too, even though I never played Golden Sun before, but I think Robin and Shulk already stole his thunder. FE:A and Xenoblade characters are more familiar to most players these days than Isaac is.

No doubt. Smash is a once in a while chance and not everyone has the chance to be in.

And now for some theory crafting: should the leak be entirely true, I think Dark Pit was included because Sakurai wanted to add a character he created to this Smash game. Pit and Palutena aren't Sakurai's creations, having debuted in the first Kid Icarus game, but Dark Pit is since he was created for Uprising...

Why is Nintendo doing this to us?! First it's, Japan getting Smash 3 weeks before us! Screw you America and Europe! Then, Europe gets it a day before us, screw you America!
Not true!

Europe gets the game in October 3rd, just like America. Germany is the exception, getting the game on retailers one day earlier since October 3rd is a holiday there.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And now for some theory crafting: should the leak be entirely true, I think Dark Pit was included because Sakurai wanted to add a character he created to this Smash game. Pit and Palutena aren't Sakurai's creations, having debuted in the first Kid Icarus game, but Dark Pit is since he was created for Uprising...
Dark Pit is considered Sakurai's character?

But yeah, if they wanted a third Kid Icarus character that was new, they should have chosen Viridi, Hades, or Phosphora.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Well, we actually have JRPG characters in Smash in the form of Pokémon and Fire Emblem characters. Of course, FE is more of a SRPG and Shulk looks more like traditional JRPG protagonists, so I understand your point.

Isaac would be interesting too, even though I never played Golden Sun before, but I think Robin and Shulk already stole his thunder. FE:A and Xenoblade characters are more familiar to most players these days than Isaac is.

No doubt. Smash is a once in a while chance and not everyone has the chance to be in.

Not true!

Europe gets the game in October 3rd, just like America. Germany is the exception, getting the game on retailers one day earlier since October 3rd is a holiday there.
Dark Pit was a Brawl color swap before he was anything. He's like Luigi, but without the 25 years of character development.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know what more they could show

We have the characters and stages already

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
From a British voice actor, I had hoped for someone from Harry Potter. Someone like Matt Lewis or Dan Radcliffe

Lozjam

Smash Champion
If salt was still used as currency, I'd use this post to buy food for every hungry person in the world.
I am sorry for getting the Europe bit wrong, but still. This makes me so disappointed in Nintendo! Almost every big release this year was a worldwide release or close. Like a day or a week apart. 3 weeks is inexcusable for Nintendo's biggest game this year! It is, in my honest opinion, the worst thing about Smash 4! They should have either pushed back the Japanese release, or they should have given the game to us sooner!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You're not serious right?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I am sorry for getting the Europe bit wrong, but still. This makes me so disappointed in Nintendo! Almost every big release this year was a worldwide release or close. Like a day or a week apart. 3 weeks is inexcusable for Nintendo's biggest game this year! It is, in my honest opinion, the worst thing about Smash 4! They should have either pushed back the Japanese release, or they should have given the game to us sooner!
Blame Italy and Canada, for breaking the street date with X and Y.
:troll:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Need we remind you of the massive delay for Europe? We didn't get Brawl 5 MONTHS after Japan's release, and 3 MONTHS after North America. 3 weeks is nothing. Be grateful.

South Korea didn't get it til over 2 years, but they don't get a lot of games early.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

3 weeks is nothing compared to having to wait more than a month between Brawl's Japanese and US release.

Need we remind you of the massive delay for Europe? We didn't get Brawl 5 MONTHS after Japan's release, and 3 MONTHS after North America. 3 weeks is nothing. Be grateful.

South Korea didn't get it til over 2 years, but they don't get a lot of games early.
WHAT? That wait must have been killer. And I wasn't even on the internet during that time.

So? Nearly every actor who ever had a role in Harry Potter was from the UK. There was one from the United States who did Ms Figg from Order of the Phoenix though, other than that it was Britain first and foremost.
Correct. Do the Harry Potter actors have to voice every British character ever though? No. also isn't Luna's actress Irish

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
As a native Briton... y'all non-Europeans should look up more British accents.

Not all of us sound like Mary Poppins or Daniel Radcliffe. Some of our accents sound downright awful, which is probably why most media only ever portrays us as talking about tea and crumpets. It's annoying.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can someone dub over Shulk's trailer with Daniel Radcliffe? I curious as to how awful it would sound.

You saw it here first, folks! KenithTheGatherer is a muggle!
Being a muggle > being a Harry Potter fanboy :troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know who many of those characters are.
However I disagree because you omitted Rocket Raccoon.

The only problem I personally have with MvC3 is the lack of Mega Man. The characters from Street Fighter and Resident Evil are fine at worst. There's a pretty balanced collection of franchises for Capcom.
But Mega Man...

I have no comment about Marvel, but it has Spiderman, the Avengers, Rocket, and Wolverine, so I am content.
I personally think the Marvel side could have used Venom and the Green Goblin.

But yeah, the only Capcom character missing was Mega Man, or one of the alternate Megamen.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As a native Briton... y'all non-Europeans should look up more British accents.

Not all of us sound like Mary Poppins or Daniel Radcliffe. Some of our accents sound downright awful, which is probably why most media only ever portrays us as talking about tea and crumpets. It's annoying.
I can understand. It might annoying for us here in the States whenever someone thinks we all talk like cowboys. Not sure how often it occurs, but I've seen it at least once or twice.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think everyone on this forum can be classed as a nerd, so you're contradicting yourself. xD
I was being facetious. Plus, nerd has no definition to me, if you displease me, you are classified as a nerd.

I personally think the Marvel side could have used Venom and the Green Goblin.
But yeah, the only Capcom character missing was Mega Man, or one of the alternate Megamen.
I would've liked Venom. He and Mega Man were both in MvC2, so it's lame they were ever excluded. I heard that they considered Doctor Octopus but decided against it, which I personally find disappointing, as he could've have an interesting moveset. I would've liked to see him over Green Goblin for sure. I also remember they considered Blade.

And really, if there ever is a MvC4, add Mega Man back, dammit. Or at least Mega Man X, if you want to be lazy.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I can understand. It might annoying for us here in the States whenever someone thinks we all talk like cowboys. Not sure how often it occurs, but I've seen it at least once or twice.
I thought it was mainly Texans that got portrayed as cowboys. I know that because that's the only thing I can think of when I hear Texas. :troll: So yeh, I'm no different. There's other stereotypes that can be deemed just as insulting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom