• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It's forever, unless later specified otherwise. The thread had plenty of chances to get its act together. Time to get over it and move on.

Last edited:

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
I don't even know but usually if a thread is locked like that it's to let it cool down/allow mods to infract and take care of things.
Yeah, and they're no doubt getting flooooded with messages of people asking why the thread was locked and when it's coming back, haha. It'll take at least a bit to go through all those, let alone decide a course of action!

Huh... first time out of the Ridley thread for me! It's such a big world out here. We can talk about anything! So um... how about that... uh... I'm cold.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yeah, and they're no doubt getting flooooded with messages of people asking why the thread was locked and when it's coming back, haha. It'll take at least a bit to go through all those, let alone decide a course of action!

Huh... first time out of the Ridley thread for me! It's such a big world out here. We can talk about anything! So um... how about that... uh... I'm cold.
It's actually the second time this week.

I really think they should realise that thinking too much about something so much documented already isn't a good thing.

I miss the day there was more support talk after analysis were done.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Fresh from the Leak Group:

A 4chan poster alleges to have gotten a copy of the final 3DS build, and to have uncovered a Newcomer not shown in the CSS leaks. The post outlines the character's moveset, which I've compiled below.

@ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon

Neutral Special: Cheetos
Side Special: Lucario's Entire Moveset
Up Special: Selling Out
Down Special: Optizard Denied

Final Smash: Vegito

No surprises here, should this all be true.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

A 4chan poster alleges to have gotten a copy of the final 3DS build, and to have uncovered a Newcomer not shown in the CSS leaks. The post outlines the character's moveset, which I've compiled below.

Everyone knows that Rocket/me would have some sort of "one-upping" move.

Soul.

There's actually another reasons than my love for TTYD that I mention speedrun on this game.

Because my glitch hunting was for speedruns purposes. It happens that the most active and probably the only one that much active is almolicious.

He still has the record for this game and still streams today. My contribution got me a mod status in his chat and he has link only for mods on his chat so I can post links while others can't :)

He has a lot of mods, but you don't get it by just asking.

That's why I was referencing almo. I actually recommend to watch him, chat quality is very funny at times. Also, several flavio jokes :)
Lol. Maybe if a Paper Mario game was announced for the New 3DS, it would probably be similar to TTYD. I dunno.
The Gen 7 of Pokémon games will most likely be on the New 3DS.
Yes, he has always been playable in the demos.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Lol. Maybe if a Paper Mario game was announced for the New 3DS, it would probably be similar to TTYD. I dunno.
The Gen 7 of Pokémon games will most likely be on the New 3DS.

Yes, he has always been playable in the demos.
New Paper Mario would be very appreciated if:

TTYD remake or port on any system.

OR

New Paper Mario game on WiiU that follows enough RPG genre (SPM is enough in that regard).

One of these, I would love that :)

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
Do you think Shulk feels embarrassed when he's in his underwear haha just asking as a joke haha. Running around in his naked body haha just hilarious haha.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well,time to sleep. I'll be back in about 5 hours,though,I want to get up early.

000000.gif

I hope Arigarmy makes an appearance :troll:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Do you think Shulk feels embarrassed when he's in his underwear haha just asking as a joke haha. Running around in his naked body haha just hilarious haha.
Nah. He knows he can get away with it since he's not a woman. Zero Suit Samus however is going to get all the hate because people are judging her for wearing sports wear.

D

Deleted member

Hmm, Ultimate NES Remix is coming out for the 3DS. I didn't expect Nintendo to release a portable version of NES Remix, since I thought they said it'd be impossible to develop one for the handheld.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

Would main. Would spam Cheetos.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't really get into Kamen Rider Wizard for some reason

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Newcomer subforums have much more threads than veterans. What. I don't even.
I don't know I don't find that particularly surprising as the mystery surrounding how the newcomers cause more random threads to pop up compared to Veterans.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Thanks for the list and I might consider reading them too if they aren't as cringeworthy as Gravitation.
Np, and they're definitely not cringeworthy as Gravitation (or, at least I think so). :laugh: I'm kinda picky on these things. I'd say at least the ones in bold are worth checking out.

And Shulk is in.

And shirtless Shulk did happen, lol. @ Croph Croph
I know, I couldn't believe it lol. First Hii Fit Trainer, then this. Hmm, I can already imagine Shirtless Shulk vs Samus in Shorts matches. :laugh:

When I first saw that costume, I immediately thought of this (pls tell me I'm not the only one):

Especially since they're both shirtless alts and the swords are on their back, yet there's nothing to hold them up. Video game logic.

Soul.

I don't know I don't find that particularly surprising as the mystery surrounding how the newcomers cause more random threads to pop up compared to Veterans.
Eh...yeah, there's more random threads. Veterans will have more threads the moment it's September. They're probably going to be about competitive stuff, so yeah.
Newcomers are still cool.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Black Nerd mentions how Nintendo needs some things released more often like COD and stuff

I personally think Nintendo was trying something like that with New Super Mario Bros but it was making people mad

What do people think of Nintendo having a game they make a new version of and release it yearly like COD?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Black Nerd mentions how Nintendo needs some things released more often like COD and stuff

I personally think Nintendo was trying something like that with New Super Mario Bros but it was making people mad

What do people think of Nintendo having a game they make a new version of and release it yearly like COD?
I prefer they keep doing what they do. They have a couple yearly franchises, but unlike CoD and other yearly stuff Ninty's franchises often have a variety of games. We get a Mario game every year but one might be a platformer, the next will be a sports game, then MArio Kart etc. This way they have a cash cow but it's not the same thing gameplay wise each year.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I think yearly releases take away from the event feeling of games like Smash, Mario Kart or a numbered Halo game. People wouldn't bash COD all the time if it wasn't yearly & it wouldn't be dying if it only came out atleast every 3 years.

D

Deleted member

I think yearly releases take away from the event feeling of games like Smash, Mario Kart or a numbered Halo game. People wouldn't bash COD all the time if it wasn't yearly & it wouldn't be dying if it only came out atleast every 3 years.
Agreed x9000.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Want to know the world's best fighting game roster that I've never seen anyone hate?

Mortal Kombat 9. Fan requests, new characters, all the best characters.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Want to know the world's best fighting game roster that I've never seen anyone hate?

Hm...I can see that.
MK9's roster does seem quite robust.
I certainly haven't seen anyone complain about it, unlike Smash and Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Though both of those games have way more than one series to pull characters from.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Hm...I can see that.
MK9's roster does seem quite robust.
I certainly haven't seen anyone complain about it, unlike Smash and Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Though both of those games have way more than one series to pull characters from.
Capcom was mostly trying to advertise with Marvel vs. Capcom 3, which is why a lot of the characters were more current. Hell, even Ghost n' Goblins had a game out in 2008, Arthur probably wouldn't have been in without it. In any case, Ultimate MvC3 should've added Phoenix Wright, Zangief, Mega Man, Captain Commando, Jin Saotome, and Strider, while Marvel got Venom, War Machine, Ghost Rider, Gambit, Dr. Strange and Iron Fist.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
It's over and it's under strict embargo. We probably won't know anything about it before launch.
Man, that sucks. It might be payback though against the sneaky leakers. :p

Oh well, we haven't got long to wait. Less than 2 weeks now for the spoilers, than 3 weeks from there for the official release in Europe/NA.

...it's gonna draaaaag. D:

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

If I had to level any complaints at it, it would be the Freddy DLC and Refrigeratorman (AKA Cyber Sub-Zero), though the latter has a cool (ha) moveset and would be a nice as a what-if character if it wasnt actually canon, but thats a whole nother problem with MK9.

All in all though, I agree. I myself would nominate KOF 2002 UM, since it just has EVERYONE (well, ALMOST everyone, but close enough). Had no complaints about CvsSNK either.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Man, that sucks. It might be payback though against the sneaky leakers. :p

Oh well, we haven't got long to wait. Less than 2 weeks now for the spoilers, than 3 weeks from there for the official release in Europe/NA.

...it's gonna draaaaag. D:
They're probably all things we already know because of the leak anyway. Probably a few detail on how the characters/stages play, but that can wait. I doubt there are more characters honestly.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What's the point of doing a roundtable with the media when they can't publish news articles on it? Likely because it had some info on secret characters or something...

Anyway, I'm still hoping for Lucas, Ice Climbers and Wolf to be on the roster. If the starting roster is any indication, some characters have switched their starter/secret status like what happened with Captain Falcon and Ness in Melee. Of the three, I think Lucas is the likeliest to be cut thanks to his Japan-only status and how Sakurai wanted to avoid putting such characters in this game. Next, the Ice Climbers are the second unlikeliest to return possibly due to technical issues on the 3DS version. That leaves Wolf as the likeliest of the three.

Roster stuff aside, there's a lot of good stuff about this game. Some of the biggest improvements from previous games are, in my opinion, the quality of voice acting and the art direction. I've stated this before, but it feels most characters act more like they do in their source games.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Eh...yeah, there's more random threads. Veterans will have more threads the moment it's September. They're probably going to be about competitive stuff, so yeah.
Newcomers are still cool.
I think one of the main reasons for this is because they all came with the pre-established thread that encompasses everything simply titled "character name." Vets that haven't been revealed have those threads in Unconfirmed Veterans, too.

Aside from that yeah there's not much to do other than fangasm over how prettier they look compared to last games, or how people hope they won't suck this time. With newcomers you usually just worry about how much fanservice they included, or how OP they are/aren't.

I would very much enjoy Pokemon.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Capcom was mostly trying to advertise with Marvel vs. Capcom 3, which is why a lot of the characters were more current. Hell, even Ghost n' Goblins had a game out in 2008, Arthur probably wouldn't have been in without it. In any case, Ultimate MvC3 should've added Phoenix Wright, Zangief, Mega Man, Captain Commando, Jin Saotome, and Strider, while Marvel got Venom, War Machine, Ghost Rider, Gambit, Dr. Strange and Iron Fist.
I don't know who many of those characters are.
However I disagree because you omitted Rocket Raccoon.

The only problem I personally have with MvC3 is the lack of Mega Man. The characters from Street Fighter and Resident Evil are fine at worst. There's a pretty balanced collection of franchises for Capcom.
But Mega Man...

I have no comment about Marvel, but it has Spiderman, the Avengers, Rocket, and Wolverine, so I am content.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
It's over and it's under strict embargo. We probably won't know anything about it before launch.
There's an embargo?! What's the point of it? Guess I should stop checking GameXplain's YouTube channel then... :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom