• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I tend to use them ironically, but people that use them with complete sincerity off Twitter make me shake my head.
I love using hashtags ironically. The problem with ironic words and humour is that if you overdo it, it actually becomes part of your lexicon...

#FirstWorldProblems

See??

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

"and will be able to enter for the chance to receive cool swag including a replica of Link's scarf from the game"
"enter for the chance to receive cool swag including"
"receive cool swag including"
"swag"

Nintendo...
Please don't...
Swag's actually fairly old slang. Originally it meant Stuff We All Get and referred to the free stuff they gave away at conventions and video game tournaments. Despite what it looks like here, it's actually been a commonly used "nerd term" since the1990's.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My favorite part about Slowbro's mega evolution is that the Slowpoke is not Mega Evolved, the Shellder is.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I am going to say something controversial:

To everyone who leaked the roster in the past few weeks: You suck!
You ruined the surprise of a few characters for me and all the other fans, and mots importantly, you ruined it for Sakurai.

So you deserve to be sued.

Lozjam

Smash Champion

I feel like the fact the Sakurai voices Dedede in Brawl makes it that much better... Speaking of which, we don't know of he's still voicing him in this game, do we?
You silly boy. Sakurai is Dedede
upload_2014-8-27_17-17-40.jpeg

Soul.

You ruined the surprise of a few characters for me and all the other fans, and mots importantly, you ruined it for Sakurai.

The surprise does not matter anymore. It was obvious someone was going to leak the full roster. If the leaker didn't post the full roster, we would be waiting for it to be September already for the Japanese release of Smash 3DS.
We've had like what, 9000 surprises ever since the games were announced? I dunno, lol.
I understand what you're saying. The leaker ruined everything, but yeah, it was obvious.
Cause the competitive people love to ban things.
Well, they shouldn't this time. Custom moves only add a bit more depth to Smash 4. Taking them out would make the game be called "Brawl 2.0". Yeah...Brawl 2.0. :troll:

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Nobody even uses YOLO nowadays anyway, no use ranting.
Yeah, but people still use "swag" and "hashtag" out of context, so the war rages on.

I think it's better we know about Dark Pit and Doctor Mario now, and have people have some time to get calm, rather than for the internet to blow up in salt after the game is released.

Oh, who am I kidding, they're gonna complain either way.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Cause the competitive people love to ban things.
And we shouldn't. If we are going to grow as a community, we have to try new things. That is what will bring in more people and get them out of the preconception of "No itens, Fox only, Final Destination"

D

Deleted member

Would it be cool if Nintendo launched a 32GB white Wii U?

Typos..

Last edited by a moderator:

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Zekrom>Reshiram, at least design wise

I'm not even kidding on that one. It was one of the best designed Pokemon in that generation.
Nielicus > Anti-Nielicus
Anti-Nielicus is straight, white and boring as ****. He's also not very social but I love him

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

I'm not even kidding on that one. It was one of the best designed Pokemon in that generation.
I was kidding. White has the better version exclusives, White Forest. Only thing Black has better is Drayden instead of Iris.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
And we shouldn't. If we are going to grow as a community, we have to try new things. That is what will bring in more people and get them out of the preconception of "No itens, Fox only, Final Destination"
We're growing as a community without item play. Causation =/= correlation.

Smooth Criminal

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820

But Zekrom has fat legs.

Reshiram is a goat made out of clouds and I just want to snuggle him.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Speaking of items, I genuinely do feel excited about trying the items this time around.

I never got that impression in Brawl, which is ironic considering that was the game that put a much larger emphasis on the "party" aspects. Tried to make it a more beginner friendly and party game, and they didn't achieve that either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom