• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

"and will be able to enter for the chance to receive cool swag including a replica of Link's scarf from the game"
"enter for the chance to receive cool swag including"
"receive cool swag including"
"swag"

Nintendo...
Please don't...
Is it bad that I never liked the term swag? It just sounds pretentious and obnoxious.
It's the same with "YOLO". You only have one life, so don't throw it away!

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820

"and will be able to enter for the chance to receive cool swag including a replica of Link's scarf from the game"
"swag"

Nintendo...
Please don't...
"Swag: Products given away for free, especially at promotional events" It's meant that long before it meant "cool". In fact, "cool" isn't even listed here.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

"Pikachu's alternate Down B's are "Self-Generation" and "Great Thunder". One that can be used as a close combat attack without worries of something getting in the thunder's way and the other focusing on sniping out of the air."
LOL, yes, classic Thunder is back in some form. Also, Aura Sphere is still Lucario's standard special move.
YES! As a Pikachu main, I was waiting for information on his customizable moves. Both of these sound amazing! Can't wait to try them out. <3

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Is it bad that I never liked the term swag? It just sounds pretentious and obnoxious.
It's the same with "YOLO". You only have one life, so don't throw it away!
Actually, I would't people who frequently use that word to throw their lives away.
Think about it, they live like idiots, and die like idiots. :troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

"swag"

Nintendo...
Please don't...
You could give them points for using the word in the correct context. I guess.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Weekly Shonen Jump, you had officially ****ed up, especially for cancelling Kuroko no Basuke. I can tell that the fangirls will be very pissed about these news.

Either way, I'm glad that the magazine are giving some more spotlight to some new blood instead of milking fan favorite series. I'll definitely be looking forward to the same thing happening to Naruto and Bleach.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
During 4th of july, while drunk, I lit a mortal without the tube and joking said YOLO

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
We are talking about Yolo?

I find it stupid how people are using that as an excuse to do stupid things. The idea of living life to fullest is about going on adventures and trying new experiences.

You aren't doing that by almost killing yourself, or worse, actually dying. YOLO is just a brutally murdered version of a much, much better idea.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah, but people still use "swag" and "hashtag" out of context, so the war rages on.
Referring to hashtag. The only time I really hate them is when they aren't needed (like on Smashboards or Miiverse) and are only there to be "kewl". If they actually have a use (like with Twitter), then I don't mind them.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Referring to hashtag. The only time I really hate them is when they aren't needed (like on Smashboards or Miiverse) and are only there to be "kewl". If they actually have a use (like with Twitter), then I don't mind them.
#Jealous of my hashtag swagger

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Apparently Maplestory 2 is a thing. And a Fire Emblem Awakening R34 game too. #whatisidonteven

D

Deleted member

I tend to use them ironically, but people that use them with complete sincerity off Twitter make me shake my head.

D

Deleted member

What about Facebook? I heard that site has some hashtag features.. and for a site like that, it's very weird.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
We are talking about Yolo?

I find it stupid how people are using that as an excuse to do stupid things. The idea of living life to fullest is about going on adventures and trying new experiences.

You aren't doing that by almost killing yourself, or worse, actually dying. YOLO is just a brutally murdered version of a much, much better idea.
You Only Live Once, but that definitely wasn't the case with Kuroko no Basuke (which ended this week). Now the yaoi fangirls have no more hot basketball players to fantasize about. :troll:

Last edited:

Soul.

YES! As a Pikachu main, I was waiting for information on his customizable moves. Both of these sound amazing! Can't wait to try them out. <3
I know. Great Thunder will be the preferred Down B as Pikachu probably wants to get early K.O's, but Self-Generation could be used to follow up.
Up Smash + Great Thunder = stock advantage. :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nice to see we're still scraping the bottom of the barrel for comedy nowadays.

Once again, if they actually have a use rather than to just look "kewlz". Then I don't mind them.
Can't really disagree with you but the bottom is all I have to work with here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom