• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
According to Next Level Gaming (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon devs), the the size limit of Download Play data is 32 MB.

The 3DS game Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion (a game that stole pretty much all of SSB's mechanics and gameplay) had download play too. If you were doing Download Play Multiplayer on that game, both the host and receiver only had the options of 4 characters and 1 stage to choose from. But I'm pretty sure Sakurai can squeeze in more content.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
According to Next Level Gaming (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon devs), the the size limit of Download Play data is 32 MB.

The 3DS game Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion (a game that stole pretty much all of SSB's mechanics and gameplay) had download play too. If you were doing Download Play Multiplayer on that game, both the host and receiver only had the options of 4 characters and 1 stage to choose from. But I'm pretty sure Sakurai can squeeze in more content.
Then again, Punch Time Explosion wasn't really that good in the first place (Really? No Ed Edd n' Eddy? I am disappoint).

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
It's over. I finally finessed Madoka Magica.

Here comes the tears. Quick, I gotta find a bathroom before anyone finds me like this.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Then again, Punch Time Explosion wasn't really that good in the first place (Really? No Ed Edd N' Eddy? I am disappoint).
I still play that game a crap load of times, all because it copies SSB mechanics & gameplay extremely accurately. Sure, the character choices felt lacking, but I didn't buy the game for the Cartoon Network theme.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I still play that game a crap load of times, all because it copies SSB mechanics & gameplay extremely accurately. Sure, the character choices felt lacking, but I didn't buy the game for the Cartoon Network theme.
I just used in Internet to train.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Yeah, it won't affect you even locally unless your friend doesn't have a copy of the game as well and wants to play against you.

Was there ever any talk about this?

Holy ****! Only eight days after my birthday.

I know what I'm buying now.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Download play would be an amazing option (and yeah, there would probably be restrictions), however, it just seems too generous for Smash. I'm sure a lot of devs would rather persuade your friends, family, etc. to buy another copy of the game. But who knows...

At the very least, we do know that there's no download play for Smash Run (additional systems and games are required for multiplayer mode).

D

Deleted member

This conversation is like the equivalent of an elementary school argument.
We all know Bowser's going to be the best anyway

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Ok guys, I am back form vacation!
You know what I find really funny? I find it funny how Nintendo almost pretends Melee didn't exist. Looking at Zelda games, it is clear that they love each and every Zelda game through its vast references and small details and such. That happens with almost every Nintendo series does that, except Smash. Especially looking at Smash 4(On a content scale(Like the N64 character select in the results screen)). I am not saying how things should be or anything, I just find it incredibly amusing.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
You know what I find really funny? I find it funny how Nintendo almost pretends Melee didn't exist. Looking at Zelda games, it is clear that they love each and every Zelda game through its vast references and small details and such. That happens with almost every Nintendo series does that, except Smash. Especially looking at Smash 4(On a content scale(Like the N64 character select in the results screen)). I am not saying how things should be or anything, I just find it incredibly amusing.
They supported EVO for the Smash Bros. Melee tournament recently. I don't see how that's ignorance.

Of course, that may be so they can still gain respect from Melee fans so that they may support Smash 4 in return.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
If that wasn't the case, they wouldn't have supported EVO.

Soul.

Uh, what does the Destiny Knot do again. Does it have a chance to give the IVs to the new Pokémon or are those IVs guaranteed.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
They supported EVO for the Smash Bros. Melee tournament recently. I don't see how that's ignorance.
I mean within the games, more specifically Smash 4. Like I said, I don't see it as a bad thing, nor a good thing, merely how it is. Also might I add that it was NoA that did that, not NoJ

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There are still Melee songs in the new game (as well as Brawl) and Melee stages return once again for this game. I don't think they're ignoring Melee.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah, it won't affect you even locally unless your friend doesn't have a copy of the game as well and wants to play against you.

Was there ever any talk about this?

Whoa, Nov. 28th? I thought the Wii U version was slated for a winter release? And yet the sticker on it says"Winter 2014"? :dizzy: They'd best be lying... unless late Nov. falls under a winter release?

D

Deleted member

Welp, Download Play is not available on SSB3DS. Maybe it's for the best, since if it was true, you'd have less characters and stages to choose from (I think), and the japanese packaging of the game shows a screenshot featuring Mega Man, Sonic, and Pac-Man. Snake, being a third party character, isn't shown on such screenshot. Maybe he's disconfirmed for real?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom