• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
We got one ages ago, except that it was for the Game Boy.

Isn't vaporeon a playable character in that? They should've used Flareon instead. :3

Anyway, wow my internet really sucks right now as the youtube videos seem to have to play at the lowest quality and it still has to buffer. :/

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
It is so underrated that I have yet to play it! My hope is that Sakurai includes Black Shadow which incites an interest in F-Zero. After that, the new game is all but confirmed... or we could just pretend that it does not exist.
Definitely. Well, I would've picked Samurai Goroh before Black Shadow as an F-Zero character but he's already an assist trophy. And Blood Falcon looks so much like Captain Falcon that he can't not be an alt costume. Black Shadow is really the best pick for an F-Zero character after that, for being a pretty damn threatening villain. (Plus, more villains!)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Agreed man. There is evidence, but I respect those who want Ridley in the game. I admit, Ridley as a character would be interesting, like I said in a previous post, but Sakurai kinda confirmed that he's a stage hazard. Hey, atleast he's in the game in some form.
If anything, I think Sakurai's tease makes him more likely to be playable.

Morbi

Scavenger
Eh, I guess I shouldn't have posted this, oh well

But with all due respect to Ridley fans, there is a lot of evidence towards him being a boss and little to none towards him being a playable character. Even if I'm wrong, I still have evidence to why I think this so what evs bro
I did not even realize that there was any evidence towards him being a boss aside from the ambiguous allusion. Curious.

D

Deleted member

They should have Diddy Kong x F-Zero since they both are superior to Mario Kart.

Maybe a new Diddy Kong Racing is why they left him out of 8...

I wish.
There were some ''rumors'' of a Diddy Kong Racing 2 being developed by Monster Games, the guys who developed Pilotwings Resort and DKCR3D. The original N64 game was great, and those were good times. I kind of liked the DS version too, but the only thing I disliked about it was the lack of Banjo and Conker. However, I think those rumors were made up and are false, but that's just me. xD

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
There were some ''rumors'' of a Diddy Kong Racing 2 being developed by Monster Games, the guys who developed Pilotwings Resort and DKCR3D. The original N64 game was great, and those were good times. I kind of liked the DS version too, but the only thing I disliked about it was the lack of Banjo and Conker. However, I think those rumors were made up and are false, but that's just me. xD
Yeah the only way to replace Banjo and Conker is if you make Falcon and Samurai Goroh playable. Which would be sickly amazing..

Could you imagine Falcon in a tiny hovercraft?

D

Deleted member

Yeah the only way to replace Banjo and Conker is if you make Falcon and Samurai Goroh playable. Which would be sickly amazing..

Could you imagine Falcon in a tiny hovercraft?
That'd be really funny, probably even more if they put his Smash Bros. voice.

Soul.

Diddy Kong Racing x F-Zero: All Stars Racing
& Knuckles. :troll::troll:

Last edited:

Nielicus

Smash Lord
I did not even realize that there was any evidence towards him being a boss aside from the ambiguous allusion. Curious.
-An enemy from Samus past (not specifically Ridley but he still qualifies)
-Other boss characters will appear (Ridleys shadow is shown....)
-The fact that Pyrosphere has the hole that Ridley crashes through in Other M..

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I know I've brought it up before, but seriously Nintendo All-stars Racing needs to happen.

Mario in Kart (or on Yoshi)
Link on Epona
Fox in Arwing
Kirby on Warpstar
Red on Bike
Villager on that thing he rides in Smash
Falcon in his Car
Diddy Kong in Hovercraft
DK attached to the Barrels from Barrel Blast.

ETC

Oh and Samus rides Ridley

Nielicus

Smash Lord
I know I've brought it up before, but seriously Nintendo All-stars Racing needs to happen.

Link on Epona
Fox in Arwing
Kirby on Warpstar
Red on Bike
Falcon in his Car
Diddy Kong in Hovercraft

ETC

I'm down for it, but what would gameplay be like? Closer to Mario Kart or air ride?

D

Deleted member

Link on Epona
Fox in Arwing
Kirby on Warpstar
Red on Bike
Falcon in his Car
Diddy Kong in Hovercraft

ETC

Let's name it.. Super Smash Kart!

.. to confuse people. lolz

Soul.

Yo, what's taking Smogon so long to ban this thing. Do you really want to lose with King's Shield shenanigans:

Does it "outclass" this fellow OU Pokémon?

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Air ride racing worked like this

You start a race, realize the race mode is terrible, and then mess around in city trial for hours.
Ok, that's what I thought. My one friend acted like the car dealer (we'd put every kart on the thingy that was in the sky) and the other 3 of us would just run around the city test driving them.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yo, what's taking Smogon so long to ban this thing. Do you really want to lose with King's Shield shenanigans:

Does it "outclass" this fellow OU Pokémon?
No. He's not that great imo. Just burn him and he's worthless, and he can't block burns.

Ok, that's what I thought. My one friend acted like the car dealer (we'd put every kart on the thingy that was in the sky) and the other 3 of us would just run around the city test driving them.
We would get to the highest skyscraper, get off our cars, and try to push each other off

That and fail at ever building the hydra

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
-An enemy from Samus past (not specifically Ridley but he still qualifies)
-Other boss characters will appear (Ridleys shadow is shown....)
-The fact that Pyrosphere has the hole that Ridley crashes through in Other M..
Here you go.
Go to town.

Link on Epona
Fox in Arwing
Kirby on Warpstar
Red on Bike
Falcon in his Car
Diddy Kong in Hovercraft

ETC

Dedede sitting in his throne not actually doing anything. Waddle Dees carry him.
Pit would be able to fly at high speeds, but in return if the race goes longer than five minutes he has to walk the rest of the way.
And the third party racer, Sonic, who rides in a car despite probably being able to go faster if he just ran on foot. All Stars Racing logic

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Air ride racing worked like this

You start a race, realize the race mode is terrible, and then mess around in city trial for hours.
I always tended to use City Trial just to play as Kirby without the vehicle. xD

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Here you go.
Go to town.

Dedede sitting in his throne not actually doing anything. Waddle Dees carry him.
Pit would be able to fly at high speeds, but in return if the race goes longer than five minutes he has to walk the rest of the way.
And the third party racer, Sonic, who rides a car despite probably being able to go faster if he just ran on foot. All Stars Racing logic
Well we finished talking about Ridley so no thanks lol

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Here you go.
Go to town.

And the third party racer, Sonic, who rides in a car despite probably being able to go faster if he just ran on foot. All Stars Racing logic
No Pikachu can run (Pokemon Dash) and so should Sonic (Sonic R)

Soul.

No. He's not that great imo. Just burn him and he's worthless, and he can't block burns.
But it can "pivot" so it doesn't get the burn, by that I mean switch out to a safe "counter". Unless you were talking about Gengar, which I doubt.
Aegislash can use its base 150 Special Attack stat if it uses its Blade forme too, you know. It's worthless on the physical side.
It's just so versatile that Smogon can't even handle its presence on the XY OU metagame. I know stuff like Mandibuzz can counter it, but you use Aegislash to "not lose".
And, apparently, it limits teambuilding. Every team is the same thing. Mixed Attacker Aegislash just destroys the entire OU metagame. SubToxic is a thing too.
But as I said before, Azumarill for S-rank! - Smogon user in the "OU Viability Ranking Thread".

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
It's midnight! Time to hunt the notification eating monster! He just won't accept that chicken nuggets are healthier for him than notifications but he eats them anyway! Grab the torch and pitchforks!

...Seriously, I'm awake at midnight... this almost never happens.

Morbi

Scavenger
It's midnight! Time to hunt the notification eating monster! He just won't accept that chicken nuggets are healthier for him than notifications but he eats them anyway! Grab the torch and pitchforks!

...Seriously, I'm awake at midnight... this almost never happens.
I wish I was you, it is rare that I am in bed prior to 2 am.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
But it can "pivot" so it doesn't get the burn, by that I mean switch out to a safe "counter". Unless you were talking about Gengar, which I doubt.
Aegislash can use its Special Attack stat too, you know. It's worthless on the physical side.
It's just so versatile that Smogon can't even handle its presence on the XY OU metagame. I know stuff like Mandibuzz can counter it, but you use Aegislash to "not lose".
And, apparently, it limits teambuilding. Every team is the same thing. Mixed Attacker Aegislash just destroys the entire OU metagame. SubToxic is a thing too.
But as I said before, Azumarill for S-rank! - Smogon user in the "OU Viability Ranking Thread".
I can't really talk OU meta anymore; I haven't really played since Mega Kanga was banned. Back then Aegislash didn't really stand out, and Mandibuzz's potential was just being discovered. I ran a team centered around a lategame sweeper DD Mega Char X. It's been erased, so I don't remember it :/

I've had a hard time getting into the meta since 4'th gen. 5'th gen meta was terrible imo. 6'th is definitely a step back in the right direction, but it's just been a long time for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom