• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Drawing Lucina is really hard compared to drawing characters such as Mario, Luigi, Rayman, Pac-Man, and Sonic.

Yeah, I made this.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I made her hair look like a complete mess (But still ok I guess)
Like, the only attempt I did at drawing Lucina was the head for now. She's just so difficult to draw with, but then again I made a Raven (from Gravity Rush) drawing in early 2013, so I suppose it'd be easy.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I've just beaten the controversial Paper Mario Sticker Star and I can see why this is considered the worst of the four Paper Mario games. Non-existent plot, the fact that you can't fight without stickers, no quirky dialogue from Bowser, unlikable sidekick (Kersti is so damn annoying), the ending is unsatisfying, and the cracked a hipster joke (facepalm). The game itself did have potential, but it fell flat by straying TOO far away from the traditional Paper Mario formula despite bringing back the RPG elements. I'll at least give Super Paper Mario credit for having a great plot and lovable villains that AREN'T Bowser, but for a game like Sticker Star it deserves to be worth $10 by now. Let's all hope that Intelligent Systems give us a Paper Mario game that isn't this "controversial".
Sticker Star was one of the rare times I traded in a game before I even finished it. I just couldn't handle it! You can't do ANYTHING in battle without stickers, and the best part? Stickers are consumable! Screw it up and no matter what sticker you used, you just lost one sticker. Same goes for the non-battle scenes. Use a sticker to place in a part of the world to alter it but if it's the wrong one, POOF! It's gone! You have to reacquire it ALL OVER AGAIN. And just the icing on the whole cake? NO EXPERIENCE POINTS! You can battle all you want, but NOT ONCE will you get a single experience point, because leveling up and experience points are nonexistent, just like the plot, therefore there is no incentive to battle. I usually stick through to the end with games I play, no matter what, but not this one. This one was a jumbled up mess of a game that I just couldn't fathom how it could have gone so wrong, especially from Nintendo, usually known for top notch games. I eventually had enough and traded the thing in. I don't even think I'd pay $10 for it... but then again, I wouldn't pay anything for it. And I didn't either... it was a gift.

D

Deleted member

Sticker Star was one of the rare times I traded in a game before I even finished it. I just couldn't handle it! You can't do ANYTHING in battle without stickers, and the best part? Stickers are consumable! Screw it up and no matter what sticker you used, you just lost one sticker. Same goes for the non-battle scenes. Use a sticker to place in a part of the world to alter it but if it's the wrong one, POOF! It's gone! You have to reacquire it ALL OVER AGAIN. And just the icing on the whole cake? NO EXPERIENCE POINTS! You can battle all you want, but NOT ONCE will you get a single experience point, because leveling up and experience points are nonexistent, just like the plot, therefore there is no incentive to battle. I usually stick through to the end with games I play, no matter what, but not this one. This one was a jumbled up mess of a game that I just couldn't fathom how it could have gone so wrong, especially from Nintendo, usually known for top notch games. I eventually had enough and traded the thing in. I don't even think I'd pay $10 for it... but then again, I wouldn't pay anything for it. And I didn't either... it was a gift.
I just hate when you use a sticker to fight a boss...

Only to realize that the sticker you just used is REQUIRED for beating the game later.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Miyamoto did this in response to a poll where Japanese gamers loved gameplay more than plot when it came to Mario games (I didn't remember if it referred to Paper Mario or all Mario games). So yeah, it was his fault that Mario has his very own Metroid: Other M (And as a guy who unfortunately played both games, I'd say that the former is WAY more tolerable than the later for obvious reasons.).

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I just hate when you use a sticker to fight a boss...

Only to realize that the sticker you just used is REQUIRED for beating the game later.
Yeah, and guess what? The normal run of the mill stickers don't do much of anything to bosses, you pretty much have to get the big ones to fight the boss. I at least beat the first boss and I pretty much HAD to have that fan to blow him around, because the regular ole jumping and stuff just doesn't cut it. The whole thing is a mess.

D

Deleted member

Sticker Star wasn't that bad IMO but I can see why many people dislike it. It just doesn't have the same gameplay as the past PM games.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
We need to see if Sakurai will say something about the Direct on Monday's PotD. If he doesn't say, I will have sure the Direct will don't have nothing smash related...

Nielicus

Smash Lord
This goes out to Bill, Reggie, Vegito and my IRL bae

Last night
Damn you were in my sex dreams
(You were in my...)
Doing really nasty things
(You were in my dreams)
(You were in my...)
Making love in my sex dreams

(Don't stop the party)
(Let's keep it naughty, yeah)
(Watch me what I do)
(Tomorrow when I run into you, tomorrow when I run into you)

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Last night
(You were in my...)
(You were in my dreams)
(You were in my...)

(Don't stop the party)
(Watch me what I do)

Soul.

I'm finding it funny right now. Smogon was going to ban Aegislash on July 26 but the suspect testing thread is still there without being locked.
The Pokémon gets banned, but Charizard is being optimistic as always. Azumarill for S-Rank! - Smogon user.
If there's a Direct, everyone suddenly expects Ridley because of the Metroid anniversary.
Watch him reveal Ridley as a stage hazard the same day he revealed Pyrosphere on 2013.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Miyamoto did this in response to a poll where Japanese gamers loved gameplay more than plot when it came to Mario games (I didn't remember if it referred to Paper Mario or all Mario games). So yeah, it was his fault that Mario has his very own Metroid: Other M (And as a guy who unfortunately played both games, I'd say that the former is WAY more tolerable than the later for obvious reasons.).
I thought it was a Club Nintendo thing? Hence why alot of people started taking Club Nintendo feedback far more seriously after the revelation.

Regarding Other M... I actually liked the game. It's in my top 10. Wasn't much of a Metroid guy before that one. Other M and Fusion being my two favorites. The other Metroid games, not so much for me. Sticker Star... pffft. I'd rather replay Sonic and the Secret Rings. Now THAT could be a frustrating game at times. Cool soundtrack though.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

Last night
(You were in my...)
(You were in my dreams)
(You were in my...)

(Don't stop the party)
(Watch me what I do)

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Aight lemme stop being thirsty bruh ._.
I mainly did that cause I wanted to post those lyrics lmfao

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Last night
(You were in my...)
(You were in my dreams)
(You were in my...)

(Don't stop the party)
(Watch me what I do)
I can't believe I've had to use this twice in one day, but

I'd rather replay Sonic and the Secret Rings. Now THAT could be a frustrating game at times. Cool soundtrack though.
Doesn't that describe every Sonic game ever made? :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I thought it was a Club Nintendo thing? Hence why alot of people started taking Club Nintendo feedback far more seriously after the revelation.

Regarding Other M... I actually liked the game. It's in my top 10. Wasn't much of a Metroid guy before that one. Other M and Fusion being my two favorites. The other Metroid games, not so much for me. Sticker Star... pffft. I'd rather replay Sonic and the Secret Rings. Now THAT could be a frustrating game at times. Cool soundtrack though.
I can see why you would actually like it, like for the flawless soundtrack and diverse gameplay. Are you sure that you weren't easily irritated my Samus saying "the baby" over and over again or was offended by the Ridley scene? :troll:

For me, Anthony Higgs was one of the few redeeming qualities of the game and he was WAY more likable than Adam Malchodick. I agree, I've also hated Sonic & the Secret Rings too for the shaky gameplay and paper thin (fitting since it's a story book game) plot.

Not surprising since he does have the resident bara bait Man Fit Trainer for his avatar. :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For some reason, Mariotehplumber, obviously preferring Classic Sonic over Modern Sonic, doesn't want to review Sonic '06. What is this? I don't know.. but..

WARNING, SPOILERS AHEAD.

He actually likes Modern Sonic, but he doesn't want to say it!

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm finding it funny right now. Smogon was going to ban Aegislash on July 26 but the suspect testing thread is still there without being locked.
The Pokémon gets banned, but Charizard is being optimistic as always. Azumarill for S-Rank! - Smogon user.
If there's a Direct, everyone suddenly expects Ridley because of the Metroid anniversary.
Watch him reveal Ridley as a stage hazard the same day he revealed Pyrosphere on 2013.
I am honestly suspecting a Legend of Zelda newcomer to coincide with the Direct... but that would be too obvious.

Soul.

I am honestly suspecting a Legend of Zelda newcomer to coincide with the Direct... but that would be too obvious.
Ghirahim and Impa confirmed to not appear in Smash 4 because Sakurai does not want to add many characters, instead, he focuses on balancing the two versions with the help of Bandai Namco...right? Right??

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
By the way, just one more month before everyone dies.

Can you already see the salty tears over how the roster doesn't contain your obscure piece of crap character, people complaining that they're being ripped off because they don't have a 3DS, and the game isn't like Melee so it automatically sucks?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Doesn't that describe every Sonic game ever made? :troll:
Not really. Alot of Sonic games, if not the better part of them, are always a bit of a mixed bag. You either like them or ya don't. But then you get... interesting... cases... like Sonic and the Secret Rings. Between motion controlled movement (doing so much as moving left or right or even forward or backward) that didn't always work quite right especially on the forward and backward movement, a fixed super zoomed in camera that you couldn't control, not even when WALKING BACKWARDS INTO DANGER (It's like blindfolding you and telling you to walk backwards down a flight of stairs with glass shards all over it), leveling up to advance the story or something like that (I was RIGHT before the final boss and I had to go do mission grinding or something JUST to get to the final boss), and the obnoxious jumping mechanics (you have to charge to get a good jump, but charging involves stopping all momentum right then and there. You can just tap the button and make him hop, but hopping isn't jumping.), couple it with the sometimes weird level design, and you've got a recipe for TRULY frustrating.

It did have a cool soundtrack though... I almost could forgive it just for that. Almost.

D

Deleted member

Can you already see the salty tears over how the roster doesn't contain your obscure piece of crap character, people complaining that they're being ripped off because they don't have a 3DS, and the game isn't like Melee so it automatically sucks?
I'm going to stay off the internet when the game comes out, and not to avoid spoilers. I'd like to avoid the unlock requirements if I can help it though

D

Deleted member

I'll be watching the chaos like:

He joined this site, and yep, he's still alive, like Sakurai. :troll:
I'm pretty sure he just lives off his own hatred, unlike Sakurai who lives off of our salty tears.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I'm ducking and hiding to avoid all that. Or at least the brunt of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom