• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
BRAWL IN THE FAMILY IS ENDING??

Oh well, Matthew can live life soon. It was a good run, and we all loved it.

D

Deleted member

Shoot, the random box still has the Golden Sun icon. Isaac why...

EDIT: Did I seriously delete the Smash Bros. icon from the CSS? Why...

EDIT 2: The random box doesn't actually load a series icon apparently. Strange. I'll make it load the Smash Ball.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
SH Figuarts had a prototype for a figure I want on display in 2012 but has no release date for it

Also Kamen Rider Femme is apparently being released this November, yet I've seen her on sale in Ebay. Makes me think the ebay ones are fake

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
SSF2 v0.9B is out now. I wonder how long it will be before McLeodgaming crashes.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Gud release date estimate u gaiz da bes

In all seriousness, probably about 30 seconds.
It took me a couple of tries to actually get to the site, so I quickly clicked the download link before it crashed on me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It took me a couple of tries to actually get to the site, so I quickly clicked the download link before it crashed on me.
I guess I should count myself lucky for getting it first try then. Still took about 10 minutes to download, though.

But why BrawlBox? I have to download another smashbros_sound.brsar -___-

Are those series symbols for Isaac and Shulk actually added in, or did you just replace some that were already there?

I've slowly been getting back into the Brawl hacking mood and I want to see if I can actually import a new stage or character model properly. I hope I can do it this time. :'(

----
Late response; but they are added in, and replace nothing.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
what's your favorite story to tell about smash?
Any time I super-wavedashed across the stage and then successfully do a kill move is one of my favorite things.

Any time I wrecked a Taunt Party in Basic Brawl.
I remember one time I was Pit on Yoshi's island with a Fox, Wolf, and (I don't remember the third person maybe it was two people). It was fun beating them. I remember one moment in the match I'm hitting the Wolf off the stage. The Fox fighting me on stage. The Wolf up b's over the stage. I read it and down b reflected him off the stage while fighting the Fox. It was a good day. I ended up winning and I'm sure I disconnected them after. lol.

Another story. I was fighting these 3 people. I was pretending to play nice for a while in one match as Samus. I didn't feel like getting yarped on the whole match since I'm not a good Brawl Samus. I made sure to keep the smash ball and not use it. Then I blasted them all near the end and won. haha. kinda cheap but whatevs.

This other time it was late at night. There was a Wolf, someone else, and a girl character. I beat them with the character I was. Then I left. I came back to that same group as another character. I was nice for a bit but the Wolf kept bothering me. I remember being Lucario. There were some cheap items on. Mushrooms and hammers. I made sure not to start kicking their butts until I got a mushroom. Then I blasted them to bits and left after haha. Gotta be strategic in a 3v1.

I remember being Metaknight on FD. He's the best to be in a taunt party if the party is smart enough. I remember their being a Falco. This one was really close but I managed to pull the game to a sudden death. During that time they were all after me. One of their teammates killed the other as a result of my shenanigans. Then there was the Falco. He was on the left and I was on the right with his buddy coming in for an aerial strike. I'm not too good at it but I infinite cape over to the Falco from across the stage. He was astonished that I did that. I then proceeded to down smash and kill him. Then the next guy I beat. Then I left because I hate taunt parties.

I remember a time when I was Kirby in a Basic Brawl. I kept Kirby-ciding and I won. I kinda felt bad about it since its such a cheap maneuver. So the next match (on Lylat Cruise) I killed myself for at least the first 30 seconds. I managed to get about 6 or 7 kills on myself. So my score was -6 or -7. I didn't Kirby-cide for that match since I felt bad about doing it before. I won the match still :p.

I was playing 1v1 against a Lucas player online from the arena. He has a pretty good Lucas. My main character Diddy Kong had a hard time against him. The most annoying thing to me is when someone taunts after each kill :rolleyes:. Especially when their message is something like "Hold the applause" or something that makes me look bad... either way he was good. I kept losing. I hit him in the middle of his taunt lol. He disconnected shortly after that. That, or he had internet problems. He's not very nice. Or not very respectful. Normally after people will go to the arena and say GG's and talk a bit about the matches they had played with each other. This guy just leaves and doesn't say a thing.

Fast forward to nearing the end of Brawl Wi-fi. This guy wants another match. He's not around much so I figured I'd play him. From the last time to this time I had discovered how awesome :zelda: good ol' Zelda is!!! If I get beat a lot or the matches are close I'll go Zelda. So I just started out as Zelda this time. Her upsmashes killed him. I kept baiting out his PSI shield with my Din's Fire. I'd end it before it reached him and then I'd punish with a dash attack or something. I kept beating him pretty badly :smirk: It was honestly pretty great to have my revenge on this guy. I went Pit on him just because in the match up with Ness and Lucas he can Up B next to their Up B and push them in mid-air with it. It ruins their recovery. So I was Pit and he was Lucas on Delfino. He was getting beat pretty well. He then SD'd his last stock and rage quit/disconeccted :smirk:

Ok thats all I can remember for now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

OK, the final step in making this perfect (and also the most tedious) giving Shulk his own voice. He needs to say "Piece of Cake!" instead of "I Fight for my Friends."

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Dang, the DK Rap is lyrical genius.

"Can pick up a boulder with relative ease, makes crushing rocks seem such a breeze"

Like, does it get any better?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Favourite Smash story?

Me and four guys always used to play Melee together once a weekend. I had the Gamecube, so we were always at mine. Two of these guys were old friends, and two were kinda like "the cool guys" at school (who like video games, breaking cliches). I just remember those times - we used to have so much fun and it really brought me closer to new people. We were pretty good too - didn't use crazy advanced techniques, but very competitive! It soooo fun! Now I only ever play against people online :(

Hopefully some of you guys play against me from across the world, and we have beers (Y)

D

Deleted member

Finally; Shulk's soundbank is complete. except I don't have the vision sound effect from Xenoblade Now for the extremely tedious part; making him actually play the sound! *groan*

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
It gets better.

Now when the crowd cheers for DK, the go DK, Donkey Kong, like the rap.

+1 for Sakurai
I was so happy when I learned about that.
I hope more character get unique crowd chants like that.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
what's your favorite story to tell about smash?
So me and my friend took a two-hour drive to Atlanta to go to Smash-Fest in Buck-head, and got there an hour early, only for the place to still be super-packed.
So while Mom went off on her own, me and him waited for what seems like forever.

The entire time, I was dead set on getting the Smash Ball as Mega Man. I didn't want to win. I just wanted that Mega Man Final Smash. Then some guys got bored themselves and brought out their laptop and emulator with Melee and did four-player stock matches, and eventually started passing the controllers around. I played about six matches, about won most of them (which is weird, I am NOT a competitive player in the slightest and was using characters I never used before)
At one point, I was pitted alone against my friend where I managed to maintain my perfect record against him in Melee.

So eventually the laptop began losing energy so they left, and I stayed with my friend and guys in that general group the rest of the wait, and met some other two guys who we decided to play with when we actual made to Smash 4.

So we played two matches; the first, I was Rosalina & Luma. The second, on the count of three, we all picked Mega Man. The crowd surrounding the booth immediately cheered us for this. I didn't win either match, but I got Mega Man's Final Smash, and that's what really matters.

Tl;dr I played Melee with some guys at SmashFest, and got Mega Man's Final Smash in a 4v4 Mega Man battle.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I had a dream last night that there was a Zelda game out for Wii U with playable Sonic characters assisting Link. It was a pretty good dream let me tell you.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I had a dream last night that there was a Zelda game out for Wii U with playable Sonic characters assisting Link. It was a pretty good dream let me tell you.
Zelda + Sonic = good?

You must have been dreaming.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm still trying to decide if Ness's chant is a reference to Giygas or not.

"NESS NESS NESS OH"

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Somebody on GameFAQS recommended that the crowd shouts "We love Lucy" for Lucina.
I love that idea.

And I am overjoyed to hear about "DK, Donkey Kong."

I'm trying to think of some more...
But I have mental block.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I think Luigi's should be something along the lines of:

TIME FOR WEE-GEE!

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yes, that's a classic. They seem to be bringing a lot of sound effects back from 64, so who knows, they might grab some stuff from Melee as well.
Am I the only one who did like Brawl's sound effects?
They sound too grainy, sometimes too "retro", you know?

Melee had superior sound effects.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Am I the only one who did like Brawl's sound effects?
They sound too grainy, sometimes too "retro", you know?

Melee had superior sound effects.
I didn't dislike any of the other Smash's effects. Hearing the 64 stuff again is just extremely nostalgic. the "pows" when hit, and the waiting room stuff is classic.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I didn't dislike any of the other Smash's effects. Hearing the 64 stuff again is just extremely nostalgic. the "pows" when hit, and the waiting room stuff is classic.
Well, I mean, they're not bad, they just don't have the "fluidity" of Melee's sounds.
I don't remember what Smash 64 sounded like, so I can't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom