• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So with this talk of Smash chanting, I've been thinking.

With alternate costumes of different characters, will the crowd chant the base character's name, or will they actually chant the costume's name.

For example, if Dr. Mario is a costume for Mario, will the crowd chant " MA-RI-O! MA-RI-O!" or will they chant "DOC-TOR MARIO! DOC-TOR MARIO!"

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
A few more ideas:

MII RIKE TO PRAY!

STAY FAST, SON-IC!

THAT'S OUR FAL-CO!

PAC, PAC, PAC, PAC-MAN!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Hmm, all this talk about audience chants is pretty interesting. I wonder how the following would be chanted in Smash

Optimus Prime
Harry Potter
Captain Jack Sparrow
Percy Jackson
Shrek

D

Deleted member

You know, I'm still waiting for Smash Bros. to have a joke character on the same level as the Gonk Droid from Lego Star Wars.

A character that:
  • Has no abilities of any kind
  • Moves slower than a snail's pace
  • Can't jump
  • Can't attack
  • Can't be damaged
  • When force pushed, just falls over for about 5 seconds
  • Requires the "Self Destruct" extra in order to be able to do anything. Self Destruct does exactly what you would expect.
It would be so funny to have a character this laughably bad in Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
64 sounded really over the top. Go look it up real quick on youtube, it's fairly easy to recognize once you hear it. Personally I love it xD
Oh yeah, I could see why you like those. Certainly memorable.
I especially love how Link's tiny bombs sound like an nuclear reactor going off.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mii Fighter: "WASTE OF SPACE. 3 CHARACTER SPOTS WASTED ON MII? NOBODY LIKES THIS CHARACTER. NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY AS MII. HOW DID THEY GET IN OVER RIDLEY AND K. ROOL™? UNDESERVING. ANOTHER SWORD CHARACTER? TOO MANY MII PIC OF DAYS!"

:troll:

I actually have no problems with Miis

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Oh yeah, I could see why you like those. Certainly memorable.
I especially love how Link's tiny bombs sound like an nuclear reactor going off.
Can you imagine if they took that approach with the newer items, like the X bomb? xD

Mii Fighter: "WASTE OF SPACE. 3 CHARACTER SPOTS WASTED ON MII? NOBODY LIKES THIS CHARACTER. NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY AS MII. HOW DID THEY GET IN OVER RIDLEY AND K. ROOL™? UNDESERVING. ANOTHER SWORD CHARACTER? TOO MANY MII PIC OF DAYS!"

If mii's waste 3 slots on 1, Ridley would be wasting like 400 on 1. because he's so big.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've stated this before and it never hurts saying it again, but the characters act much more like how they are in the original games compared to previous Smash games. The art direction, color choice, new moves and new animations helped a lot in achieving that.

Special mentions:
Bowser - His stance and coloring match how he has been since the early 2000's.
Yoshi - More or less the same as above. Anyway, Yoshi has always been quite faithful to his appearance in his own games.
Luigi - New jumping animation and use of the Poltergust was long overdue.
Toon Link - The art direction does wonders to him.
Pit - This is kind of unfair, since his Brawl self was pretty much made up, but after Uprising, he's become a well-rounded character and all those traits are present in this game.
Palutena - Like Pit, her character became much more established in Uprising and Smash 4 shows it well.
King Dedede - Much more goofier than his Brawl self. The art direction also did wonders to him.
Ike - His look from Radiant Dawn fits his moveset much better and his flames being turned to blue made certain made-up attacks feel more natural to him.
Robin - Pretty much his FE:A self.
Lucina - See Robin.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

I don't care if the Miis take up three movesets.

I just think that they're ugly, especially compared to the other, real fighters.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
As much as I love the SFX from past Smash games, I'm a little disappointed to hear reused voices from Brawl.
It could just be because of the early build, but I don't know. I prefer fresh new voices for the characters.

And I agree with @ Frostwraith Frostwraith that the characters included in Smash are very true to their source material.
And they look amazing. Cartoony or realistic, the character models blend together surprisingly well.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
As much as I love the SFX from past Smash games, I'm a little disappointed to hear reused voices from Brawl.
It could just be because of the early build, but I don't know. I prefer fresh new voices for the characters.
It probably IS because of the early build.

After all, they did have Diddy Kong's Brawl icon in the Smash Direct...
Besides, a lot of the old voices won't fit the characters now, namely Bowser.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Brawl had flimsy sound effects. I don't really remember one I like.

Smash 4's sword sound effects are great though.

Each hit in this game is like:colorful:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It may seem trivial, but changing Ike's flames to blue was one of the best things they could have made for this game, especially for people who have played the Fire Emblem games he stars in.

To elaborate, he never uses flame attacks in any of the games. This, combined with how Eruption was supposedly meant to be a new move for Roy, felt tacked in.

The reason why blue flames make a lot of sense despite the attack being the same:
To defeat Ashera, Ike receives the blessings of Yune, whose power manifests as blue flames, like when she was sealed in Lehran's Medallion, which was appropriately known as the Fire Emblem. As Ashera is about to be defeated, Yune gives all of her power to Ike and his sword becomes covered in blue flames.

Ike becomes known as the Hero of the Blue Flames afterwards.

With this change, what was a once tacked in attack, becomes an allusion to Radiant Dawn's ending, fitting with his character.

And yeah, the reused voice clips are likely due to being an earlier build. Things like that are subject to change.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Dang, the DK Rap is lyrical genius.

"Can pick up a boulder with relative ease, makes crushing rocks seem such a breeze"

Like, does it get any better?

There is one part that always made me laugh:

"His Coconut Gun can fire in spurts!
If he shoots YA... it's gonna HURT!"

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
There is one part that always made me laugh:

"His Coconut Gun can fire in spurts!
If he shoots YA... it's gonna HURT!"
That one always gets me.
Or "He has no style, he has no grace. This Kong, has a funny face."
Pure genius.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Are you making a Shulk PSA or something?
Nope. I'm using someone else's. I'm just setting him up over a clone slot and would like him to have his own voice rather than stealing Ike's.

Unrelated, but your avatar is wonderful.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nope. I'm using someone else's. I'm just setting him up over a clone slot and would like him to have his own voice rather than stealing Ike's.
Can I get a link to Shulk PSA? :3

Unrelated, but your avatar is wonderful.
Well, since everyone was changing to something Madoka related, I decided to play along. And I stumbled upon one with glasses and a scarf. Couldn't pass it up. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Fix'd for Pac Man's accuracy. :troll:
Oh god no...

Can I get a link to Shulk PSA? :3

Well, since everyone was changing to something Madoka related, I decided to play along. And I stumbled upon one with glasses and a scarf. Couldn't pass it up. :laugh:
Right here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Moderated=All&Reported=All&Wifi=0&Featured=All&Name=shulk&ByUser=&Credit=&Info=&AudioSource=&MainType=Character&SubtypeSearch=and&Subtype[]=PSA&Target=-1

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Has anyone actually listened to the Opening theme for Pac-man and the Ghostly Adventures?
Or actually watched the show in general?

...it's one of those kid shows where I feel like my intelligence is being insulted for being in it's presence.

D

Deleted member

Wow. Game crashed when I selected Shulk, so I thought the filesize of his soundbank might've been too large. So I check the SFX folder, and I never even added his soundbank.

META RIDLEY'S SOUNDBANK IS TOO BIG.

Hong

The Strongest
One of the aspects I loathe if I ever have to work with realistic games is people expect realistic sound effects. In this day and age, we've advanced really fast in the world of audio technology, so sound effects like the breaking of bones are really common knowledge in the trade and easy to recreate. It's so very boring.

But if you are not working with a realistic product, you have so much creative liberty and it's a real shame when game developers go for realistic sounds even when they don't need to without thinking about it. Like, if you look at the 8-bit era of gaming in particular, the sound effects were just so much more satisfying. Like when Simon Belmont whips a skeleton or when the Mega Buster scraps another robot... they always have memorable and satisfying sound effects. It was hard to have anything realistic back then, and it forced people to be more imaginative.

Of course, some modern and realistic sound effects people enjoy, such as the sound of rain or the pumping of a shotgun to be popular examples. It's up to the discretion of the game developer to pick and choose.

Also, I agree. @ FalKoopa FalKoopa always has cute avatars. ♥

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I thought you could do that in the normal character discussion forums.

I mean, there's a shovel knight thread, and I run the shy guy thread. Neither of them are getting in, lol.
Well, part of it is that I, and possibly some other people feel wrong posting a support thread for some characters because there's no way they're getting in, so I think it might be nice to have those threads in a social group.

Also, Shovel Knight and Shy Guys actually have a chance, albeit a small one. I'm talking more people like Henry, or Onix.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, part of it is that I, and possibly some other people feel wrong posting a support thread for some characters because there's no way they're getting in, so I think it might be nice to have those threads in a social group.

Also, Shovel Knight and Shy Guys actually have a chance, albeit a small one. I'm talking more people like Henry, or Onix.
Incorrect, Shovel Knight does not stand a chance. He's not a Nintendo character, and his game only recently came out, and it's the first. Shy guys may have an astronomically small chance, but I guess that one is still technically possible. He's in the same catagory as henry and onix.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Incorrect, Shovel Knight does not stand a chance. He's not a Nintendo character, and his game only recently came out, and it's the first. Shy guys may have an astronomically small chance, but I guess that one is still technically possible. He's in the same catagory as henry and onix.
Eh, I guess that's true.
Being buried inside a Social Group won't really grant them much attention though.
I don't really care about them getting attention. They're not getting in, no matter how much attention they have. I just want to support a character without feeling like I just made a support thread for a character with virtually no chance just for the heck of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom