• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

My thoughts pre-announcement Friday:

My thoughts post-announcement Friday:

My thoughts post Robin reveal:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Well would ya look at that. The Gematsu leak is dead, and in it's place a whole bowl of Chrom flavored salt with a side of Rayman speculation. This just got interesting.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Uh guys. There's still one big hole in the deconfirmed thing:

Chrom may be down for the count but at least everyone's favorite rumored character, the Glee Club Kids, are coming. ;P

Last edited:

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I seriously could not type until my hype levels were down. Well, they're down now, AND HOLY HOT DAMN. That trailer was freaking amazing. Also I liked how Sakurai went out of his way to disconfirm Chrom and the Gematsu leak. THE ELEMENT OF SUPRISE IS BACK MY FRIENDS.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I like how it was
"LUCINA
Wakes Her Blade?!"
With the question mark.
Because that's what everyone was thinking. :laugh:

I've never been more happy to be wrong.

Eliskor

Smash Rookie
Its nice to see more female representation. I'll definitely be checking out Lucina.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I knew Robin was going to get in over Chrom. I just knew it. I knew Chrom was going to be unlikely to be playable. And I was right. Glory be to me.

I am confused by Lucina though. She doesn't have a newcomer box but rather a veteran box which makes me wonder if she is going to be an alt for Marth, if this is the case it would make sense for her to still get her own box (just not a new comer one) because she would still technically be not Marth but doesn't get a newcomer box because she would share her slot with Marth. I need to rewatch the video now lol.

Potpourri

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2921-9942-8562
What if Lucina replaces Roy as the separate Marth clone?
......never give up hope :roymelee:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable those three minutes could be such a mindblow. We didn’t get one character but three. Not only a veteran, not one but two Newcomers and both them Fire Emblem. If Shulk had somehow been included as well I think I would of had a heart attack.

First Lucina was most wanted characters earlier on in Smash 4’s development. However, after Marth was revealed I became discouraged by the possibility of her being in the game. Boy, did Sakurai slap me in the face with that assumption this morning. I could not be happier to see her among the ranks.

Robin had become a pretty popular choice for a Fire Emblem character so I'm not as suprirsed as I should be and he fills the role perfectly. As a Fire Emblem fan I could not be happier right now. I feel bad for Chrom fans that he has been reduced to part of a Final Smash, but I’m glad they decided to acknowledge all three of the Awakening main characters in Smash 4.

Lastly, there is Captain Falcon, I can’t say much about Falcon as the likelihood of him not returning was probably zero. Still I can’t argue that his introduction in the trailer didn’t make him look like a bad ass par for the course.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why does the Sneaky Spirit have to exist? Couldn't it be a Mechon enemy instead :troll:

If Shulk had somehow been included as well I think I would of had a heart attack.
Sakurai is not going to reveal Shulk until later; he intentionally didn't put him in Robin's trainer so that we don't kill ourselves from hype.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Even if the rest of the Gematsu characters are in, I don't care, the one character I didn't want in the game is deconfirmed and two characters I never though would co-exist are here, plus Captain Falcon for no explicable reason other than to, of course, give me a heart attack.

D

Deleted member

Everyone treats Lucina like she's her own character solely because she has her own spot on the site, when she's really just a specialized Marth alt.
Just like Dark Pit will end up being if Palutena's trailer is anything to go by.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
glad to know i wasnt the only one thinking Lucina might have been a Marth alt or somthing at first. I REALLY hope Sakurai gives us info on her, i want her to be more than a straight up clone....
in other new **** YEA!!!!!!!! Sal isnt correct!!!!!! and to all those saying that the first leak of his was true, it wasnt (entirely) as he predicted all those characters to be revealed AT E3 2013 (which they werent) OH and watch us get Karate Joe rather than Chorus kids lol. what a glorious day~~~~

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Gematsu is debunked. He already got Mega Man, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii Fighter, Little Mac, Palutena, and Greninja correct. He could've just seen briefly seen screencaptures from the game or maybe just brief gameplay footage and assumed Chrom was in instead of him just being in a final smash. And, besides, the game isn't out yet, so who knows if Chrom will truly be in or not. Maybe he's an alternate costume?! We don't know truly yet.

That could mean Shulk and/or the Chorus Men are assist trophies. Either way, I believe they will appear in the game in some shape, way, or form.

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
"I suppose I'll get my chance... another day."

Why not just tear my heart out and stomp on it, Sakurai?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't think Gematsu is debunked. He already got Mega Man, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii Fighter, Little Mac, Palutena, and Greninja correct. He could've just seen briefly seen screencaptures from the game or maybe just brief gameplay footage and assumed Chrom was in instead of him just being in a final smash. And, besides, the game isn't out yet, so who knows if Chrom will truly be in or not. Maybe he's an alternate costume?! We don't know truly yet.

That could mean Shulk and/or the Chorus Men are assist trophies. Either way, I believe they will appear in the game in some shape, way, or form.
And so the excuses begin.

D

Deleted member

Anyone who tries to cover for the second leak at this point just wants Shulk to be playable.

And there is nothing wrong with wanting Shulk to be playable :troll:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
"I suppose I'll get my chance... another day."

Why not just tear my heart out and stomp on it, Sakurai?
Yeah, as crazy stoked as I am about this entire thing, I do feel really, really, REALLY bad for you Chrom supporters right now.

Never before in the history of Smash has a character been so widely believed to be confirmed only to be abruptly disconfirmed.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

"And welcome back, Captain Falcon!! When are you ever getting a new game of your own?"

OhmygodsIloveit

Everyone treats Lucina like she's her own character solely because she has her own spot on the site, when she's really just a specialized Marth alt.
Just like Dark Pit will end up being if Palutena's trailer is anything to go by.
Well....

She has her own banner

And her own page

And her own newcomer tag line

And beside her name in her own page, it says "Newcomer"

And.... Yeah. Stretching it. She's a newcomer. Still worried if she's a clone. If she is, I call BS on Sakurai's criteria whatever the hell it is.

No matter what, I still prefer her over Chrom

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So.

There's that screenshot on Captain Falcon's page showing him climbing out of his Blue Falcon and there's an Arwing behind him.

Is the Arwing an Assist Trophy or is he on some Star Fox stage? I would upload the screen right here, but the site won't let me do that, it's still reeling from glitches left and right.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well....

She has her own banner

And her own page

And her own newcomer tag line

And beside her name in her own page, it says "Newcomer"

And.... Yeah. Stretching it. She's a newcomer. Still worried if she's a clone. If she is, I call BS on Sakurai's criteria whatever the hell it is.

No matter what, I still prefer her over Chrom
Well, she's called Marth for half the game

It'd not very strange she'd be a marth clone

D

Deleted member

Shulk is very likely anyway, leak or not.
And thank god for that!

So.

There's that screenshot on Captain Falcon's page showing him climbing out of his Blue Falcon and there's an Arwing behind him.

Is the Arwing an Assist Trophy or is he on some Star Fox stage? I would upload the screen right here, but the site won't let me do that, it's still reeling from glitches left and right.
It's Falcon's entry animation. The Arwing is presumably because Fox (or Falco :troll:) was in the match when they took that screen. Stage is Pilotwings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom