• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
About that monday reveal...

How is the Ridley thread doing with this?

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Remember the February direct where everyone was guessing a dk newcomer getting revealed and we got little mac(and didnt monolith soft retweet that direct too?) could t this be a repeat of that?

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Assuming there's only 3 newcomers left, I can honestly see why Sakurai is just getting them out of the way now.

3 newcomers = 3 months until Japanese release.

2 months is the Japanese release.
July, August, September. 63 days = 2+ months.

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Assuming there's only 3 newcomers left, I can honestly see why Sakurai is just getting them out of the way now.

2 months is the Japanese release.

Edit: Nevermiind

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I took a survey to see which children's book describes you most

and I got "Everyone poops"

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

3 Newcomers, 3 Months until Japanese release
3+3=6 and 6 times 2 divided by 3 is 4
SINNOH REMAKE CONFIRMED:troll:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Well, so far It looks like it's gonna be Shulk.
I just wish I cared more.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I still hope there are more then 3, but if the 3 from the "leak" are our last 3 with all the old veterans minus, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Snake I have to say I'm pretty satisfied with this roster

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, so far It looks like it's gonna be Shulk.
I just wish I cared more.
Unfortunately, I am the least excited for Shulk. Chorus Men have my curiosity and Chrom has my enthusiasm. I am sure I will feel differently five minutes before the live-stream starts.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

I just found out about the newcomer on monday

I REAAALLY hope it's Ridley, K Rool, Issac, or Layton, but it probably won't be any of them

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I guess I'm in the minority, because I pretty much had all the characters I wanted with Melee. And the only one I REALLY wanted was Megaman, so I have everyone haha. So now I mostly just hope for characters based on how much other people want them, and hope that they get theirs! :)

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
I'd care more if Xenoblade wasn't so expensive
I'd care more if Xenoblade wasn't so hard to find! I cannot find a single copy in my area at all.

Shows how much NoA had faith in the game >.<

anyway on the topic of Newcomers: As much I loved that most of my characters I want to see is in Smash; there haven't been that "OH MY GOD ___ IS IN!" factor.

The only ones that gave me that was Megaman and Pac Man but the rest were kinda expected.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm not satisfied.

We got a bunch of nobody characters
Villager - planned in Brawl and Animal Crossing is pretty popular, heck Melee basically advertised for it.

Megaman - enough said. Its MEGAMAN.. THE SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Wii Fit Trainer - Ok you may have me there, But I find that Wii Fit was pretty big when it came out for people, even if it wasn't exactly the typical smash player but I feel her wackiness is a nice breath of fresh air

Rosalina - One of the only Mario characters outside the RPG's to have a major and really good story, part of the Mario Galaxy series which were considered some of the best games ever. Her popularity has only been growing and her appearances in not only Spinoffs but new major platformers as a PLAYABLE character is quite unheard of. Daisy and Waluigi are STILL waiting for that (Daisy had a main mario game appearance sure but yeah she is waiting for another)

Little Mac - Popular with american audiences and surely high up the list for Rocky fans, Little Mac is just cool and the underdog which everyone loves to cheer for and his appearance as an Assist Trophy had people hungry for more

Greninja - Ok you got me here, I'm not a big fan of Greninja popping up. But I warmed up to him, its kind of a odd Roy situation considering Gamefreak was like here, X and Y aren't out yet but lets try Greninja. The way he works is pretty cool

Mii Fighters - Some people want to play as themselves or other oddballs let em

Palutena - Kid Icarus Uprising was a major hit and Palutena and Pits back and forth was a big part of that apart from the awesome gameplay and other great characters, not to mention Palutena's fight with Pit (which reminds me of Alucard vs Richter Belmont in mulitple ways)

Pac-Man - Namco is helping with the game and this way we have the 4 stars of Gaming pretty much.
Mario, Sonic, Megaman and Pac-Man is an awesome combo I have to say, especially for a 90's kid like myself.

So careful who you call nobodies

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Villager - planned in Brawl and Animal Crossing is pretty popular, heck Melee basically advertised for it.

Megaman - enough said. Its MEGAMAN.. THE SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Wii Fit Trainer - Ok you may have me there, But I find that Wii Fit was pretty big when it came out for people, even if it wasn't exactly the typical smash player but I feel her wackiness is a nice breath of fresh air

Rosalina - One of the only Mario characters outside the RPG's to have a major and really good story, part of the Mario Galaxy series which were considered some of the best games ever. Her popularity has only been growing and her appearances in not only Spinoffs but new major platformers as a PLAYABLE character is quite unheard of. Daisy and Waluigi are STILL waiting for that (Daisy had a main mario game appearance sure but yeah she is waiting for another)

Little Mac - Popular with american audiences and surely high up the list for Rocky fans, Little Mac is just cool and the underdog which everyone loves to cheer for and his appearance as an Assist Trophy had people hungry for more

Greninja - Ok you got me here, I'm not a big fan of Greninja popping up. But I warmed up to him, its kind of a odd Roy situation considering Gamefreak was like here, X and Y aren't out yet but lets try Greninja. The way he works is pretty cool

Mii Fighters - Some people want to play as themselves or other oddballs let em

Palutena - Kid Icarus Uprising was a major hit and Palutena and Pits back and forth was a big part of that apart from the awesome gameplay and other great characters, not to mention Palutena's fight with Pit (which reminds me of Alucard vs Richter Belmont in mulitple ways)

Pac-Man - Namco is helping with the game and this way we have the 4 stars of Gaming pretty much.
Mario, Sonic, Megaman and Pac-Man is an awesome combo I have to say, especially for a 90's kid like myself.

So careful who you call nobodies
Technically Greninja isn't a Roy situation... his game will be out for at least a year before Smash is out..

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Palutena. Rosalina. Wii fit trainer - bunch of C list characters

I like Greninja at least, and the guest characters

If Villager was "Planned" for Brawl while was there the whole "This character is not fit for smash" thing?

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Technically Greninja isn't a Roy situation... his game will be out for at least a year before Smash is out..
Technically I say because they decided on that before X and Y came out but X and Y came out before Smash. It's kinda weird

If Villager was "Planned" for Brawl while was there the whole "This character is not fit for smash" thing?
He was but then the whole not fit for smash thing came into effect

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
If the Gematsu leak is true, then there's gonna be a lot of sure cuts from this title's newcomers for the fifth title. Chorus Men and Wii Fit Trainer among them.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So what, that puts villager in the same boat as Sukapon

Sukapon confirmed

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
If the Gematsu leak is true, then there's gonna be a lot of sure cuts from this title's newcomers for the fifth title. Chorus Men and Wii Fit Trainer among them.
Lets not talk cuts, especially about a future game, and I doubt that logic entirely

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sorry, but I have to post this here. Apologies in advance for the one swear word, it's a really good one though:

Palutena. Rosalina. Wii fit trainer - bunch of C list characters
Again, excuse the language, the joke is good and relevant:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I personally love every character so far.
I do as well. And unlike many, I didn't even have to warm up to any of them. When they were announced, I loved them immediately, and I am confident that will continue on Monday.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I do as well. And unlike many, I didn't even have to warm up to any of them. When they were announced, I loved them immediately, and I am confident that will continue on Monday.
I had and still kinda have to warm up to the Miis.

I don't really count them so... :p

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So I was watching the news. There's apparently a new clothing size planned...

You're so negative against unique characters.
You want ROB out,too? and to replace him with a 2nd sonic rep you always desire? How dare you!

I'm still waiting for someone to make a long essay explaining how "Gematsu is from the future!" if this leak is true.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Because the obvious cuts from Brawl(Toon Link, Lucario and Ike) were all cut for this game, right?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You're so negative against unique characters.
You want ROB out,too? and to replace him with a 2nd sonic rep you always desire? How dare you!
It's kinda funny that way.
We talk about characters like Wolf or Mewtwo, and he says they're gone completely. No reasoning, no evidence, he just wants them gone from the roster.
Bring up Krystal or a Sonic rep, and not only would he defend them in any way he can, but he'd call people biased if they said they didn't prefer them.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I personally love every character so far.
And on this day Ska made Ska's way into my list of favorite people.

To be perfectly honest, I have never played a Punch-out game before Mac was revealed. Then he was, I saw how he played, and I somewhat knew stuff about the game anyway so Doc's banter made me laugh. It triggered me to play Punch-out and it's one of my favorite classic games now (sans nostalgia effect and everything, because I only played it relatively recently), which is one reason I'm maining him.

I like every character revealed for this game. WFT made me feel giddy, Mii Fighter flipped my perspective on Miis being in the game, Pac-man is just classic, Mac is pretty awesome, Rosalina is unique, Palutena has a nice butt, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom