• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm betting on a newcomer in august and september as well. One per month before release. We're pretty much guaranteed one in August, so it'd be odd not to have one in september. Plus, if we get a Smash Direct, we may get more.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
There's actually 2 after this.
Probably.

I know what you're saying but I don't follow the leak.

Actually, counting this one, they have exactly three newcomers left to show off.
I don't follow the leak. I follow the "the leak is cool but I want it to be someone not in the leak because the leak is boring to me" path.

I wasn't going off the leak, is what I'm saying. I'm going off what is actually confirmed, not things people pray is confirmed. :troll:

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
He compains about randomness in MARIO KART.

Yes I got the joker.
What's next?
Don't like the randomness in Mario Party?
'Cause that pretty much means you don't like Mario Party in general. :p

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Probably.

I know what you're saying but I don't follow the leak.

I don't follow the leak. I follow the "the leak is cool but I want it to be someone not in the leak because the leak is boring to me" path.

I wasn't going off the leak, is what I'm saying. I'm going off what is actually confirmed, not things people pray is confirmed. :troll:
All hail the leak conch shell.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Actually, counting this one, they have exactly three newcomers left to show off.
:troll:
Assuming the Gematsu leak is real, it doesn't mean those are all newcomers left. Remember - Gematsu didn't predict Rosalina, meaning that if she hasn't been revealed yet, the leak believers would never see Rosalina as a possibility. So I'd say, even though it might be real, there's still hope for more characters! :)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Assuming the Gematsu leak is real, it doesn't mean those are all newcomers left. Remember - Gematsu didn't predict Rosalina, meaning that if she hasn't been revealed yet, the leak believers would never see Rosalina as a possibility. So I'd say, even though it might be real, there's still hope for more characters! :)
(I know.)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
They were kidding around.

I'm not against the leak, but I just find it funny to weed out people who religiously follow it, and I'd much prefer if only one of the characters in the leak got in but none of the others (no specific character) just so the leak just looks like a really lucky guess.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If there's only 1 left un mentioned by Gematsu I hope it's Isaac

WwwWario

Smash Ace
They were kidding around.

I'm not against the leak, but I just find it funny to weed out people who religiously follow it, and I'd much prefer if only one of the characters in the leak got in but none of the others (no specific character) just so the leak just looks like a really lucky guess.
Exactly. By the way, it seems a bit weird that they were able to predict the WiFit Trainer that NO ONE predicted, while they couldn't predict Greninja specifically, only "a Pokemon from X and Y" O.o

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If we get a newcomer that's not part of the Gematsu leak, I'll be like "YES! YES!!! We're not going to be limited to the Sal leak!!"

But then if it turns out that Sal showed up and leaked that particular character before the video airs, this will be my reaction.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going with #TeamOnlyGematsuLeakedCharactersLeft

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If we get a newcomer that's not part of the Gematsu leak, I'll be like "YES! YES!!! We're not going to be limited to the Sal leak!!"

But then if it turns out that Sal showed up and leaked that particular character before the video airs, this will be my reaction.

I would be so salty if mr. no fun allowed came out and leaked the character

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sakurai did say we're reaching the bottom of the new characters

And I can't think of any characters that fit that description more than Chorus kids and Chrom

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Exactly. By the way, it seems a bit weird that they were able to predict the WiFit Trainer that NO ONE predicted, while they couldn't predict Greninja specifically, only "a Pokemon from X and Y" O.o
To be honest, anyone could have predicted the latter, while only a very few probably even thought of the former.
I mean, if a million people made a leak containing at least one character nobody expected, and another anyone could guess, and at least one was right about the character nobody expected, then they could just piggy back on that revelation and everyone would follow them.

Gematsu's a bit different though. I'm even willing to say hey, it's probably true.
I just don't want it to be for the sake my dark salt flavored side of my sense of humor.

Same. I don't want it to be someone from the leak. But if he leaks it beforehand I'm going to personally morph into a panda and wreck an office. I agree. :awesome:

I'm going with #TeamOnlyGematsuLeakedCharactersLeft
I'm holding on to this quote just in case. :4pacman:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just curious, is Xenoblade Chronicles connected to the Xenogears/Xenosaga games? I know all those games were developed by Monolith Soft but the shift from Square Enix to Nintendo is confusing me.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
The worst part is you know he will. He always does.
>Sal leak guy always leaks the characters
>Rosalina
:4pacman:
Just curious, is Xenoblade Chronicles connected to the Xenogears/Xenosaga games? I know all those games were developed by Monolith Soft but the shift from Square Enix to Nintendo is confusing me.
Think of Xenoblade as a spiritual sequel. Similar gameplay, different world and story entirely.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I will hold to the notion that Gematsu was wrong until there is nothing left to hold.

If the leak turns out to be a bunch of predictions that got way out of hand, I am going to be equally relieved...
...and Furious, OUTRAGED, SICK WITH ANGER!!!

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
They are not connected at all, except the slight name similarity.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

About the "nearing the bottom of the stash" sentence.

They're close, but not done with the videos. There's at least one more after this next reveal.
I'm excited.
But does that mean newcomers, or just newcomer videos?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Baby Rosalina for Smash! She will have the most original moveset imaginable! :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom