• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
You guys wanna see a kids show that'll make you feel weird?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVf7wNnVbI0&feature=youtu.be&t=2m30s

seriously... that rabbit's voice sounds like he's a stoned sociopath or something. I am laughing hysterically. The trippy music makes me laugh too. We've got trippy music, a bizarre.... talking... hat... and a rabbit that utters like a sociopath. What more do you want?
This is the most unsettling thing I've seen in a while.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Fire Emblem x Fire Emblem fighting game is all I need.

In seriousness though, I think it would have been a lot cooler to have seen Fire Emblem x Etrian Odyssey instead of Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei. I mean, I understand they wanted to use a more modern setting for FE and all but EO fits FE a lot better imo.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The first game I played that was like the Fire Emblem series was a Godzilla game

I kind of would want a military game in the style of fire emblem because of that

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Fire Emblem x Fire Emblem fighting game is all I need.

In seriousness though, I think it would have been a lot cooler to have seen Fire Emblem x Etrian Odyssey instead of Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei. I mean, I understand they wanted to use a more modern setting for FE and all but EO fits FE a lot better imo.
Shin Megami Tensei has had some FE like spinoffs.

Majin Tensei and Devil Survivor

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like the game style and classes of fire emblem

but I never cared for the story or characters

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If I had a dollar for every fictional character I had feelings for, I could afford the therapy I obviously need.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Shin Megami Tensei has had some FE like spinoffs.

Majin Tensei and Devil Survivor
I know. I just mean more in terms of setting. I know IS wanted to put FE in a more modern setting, but I honestly don't think it is the best thing to do for FE (i'm still going to get it anyway because FE)

Now with EO, it is still, in actuality, a modern setting but it is deceptive about it. Basically; It is a post-apocalyptic Earth, now some SMT games probably have done this before but EO does it differently, but you don't know this and it doesn't look like it, well not until the 5th Stratum for EO1/EOU and it still gives off the fantasy guise.

I just think it would work better. And there are quite a few ways it could work. My personal fave idea is that it is grid base, like in FE, but still has the exploration of EO. Instead of having chapter in FE you will still be exploring several floors, however you will be exploring them from a FE game play perspective, they are basically huge maps, by FE standards, but done in a way that feels like EO. Regular random enemies can appear randomly on the map for you to fight. And you still have FOEs that are set up on the map predetermined and in your first visit to the floor, and probably quite a few visits thereafter, it will be best to try and avoid them. You can also have a bigger party with you as a result. And you can have FE characters, but instead of the regular FE class we can have EO classes with FE weapons. The battle system now would be triggered upon touching any enemy and would trigger an EO like battle but with FE elements, like rock-paper-scissor elements that FE has and the like, and any other party members that are near the triggered battle will join in, but only up to four (for a grand total of 5), this makes it so that you send groups of multiple parties together to explore instead of just each one by itself. And obviously the map will be fog of war like to make it feel like you are exploring it and mapping it out.

....Hopefully you understand. I just think it would work better overall. But I'm still excited for FE x SMT.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I still want an arcade beat em up of Dragon Ball.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin and Tenshinhan as the fighters (the 3 humans are my favorite characters in the DB universe, and are a big reason why I like DB more then DBZ.. they got shafted so bad :<)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
If I had a dollar for every fictional character I had feelings for, I could afford the therapy I obviously need.
>.> Wow that is totally a weird thing dude. You really need to reconsider your life choices. <.<

Isn't that right waifus Rosalina and Kyouko? <3

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
One more crossover from me.

A beat em up game with Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Because the Power Rangers and TMNT beat em ups still rank among my favorites in the genre today.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
What would gameplay be like for that?
2D Platformer mixed with SNES style racing. The gameplay goes switches between Samus and the Captain - Samus' is a 2D shooter who races in her ship, and Captain Falcon is 2D brawler with racing in the middle.

Weirdest game ever.

In the end, CF Falcon Punch's Ridley, he and Sammy fall in love and have a baby who becomes the ultimate bounty hunter and SSS tier in SSB7.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
One more crossover from me.

A beat em up game with Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Because the Power Rangers and TMNT beat em ups still rank among my favorites in the genre today.
Can I get a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle IV: Turtles in Time remake/remaster first?

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Can I get a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle IV: Turtles in Time remake/remaster first?
Yes of course.

As long as I get a MMPR beat em up with the Green Ranger.. I mean the White Ranger is cool and all but the Green one.. even though in the American series its the same character.. I dno the super epic factor.

Hong

The Strongest
FALCON POGO STICK TAIL.. Doesn't quite ring the same
I imagined more the lines of Captain Ridley being like Captain Falcon is now but shouts "RIDLEY PUNCH!" and "RIDLEY KICK", and rides Ridley into battle and has Ridley as a Final Smash.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I imagined more the lines of Captain Ridley being like Captain Falcon is now but shouts "RIDLEY PUNCH!" and "RIDLEY KICK", and rides Ridley into battle and has Ridley as a Final Smash.
Ooooh, ok thats much cooler.

See I thought Ridley with Captain Falcons clothes

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In that case we should add in the Simpsons and X-Men

The Simpsons, X-Men, and TMNT were my favorite beat em ups

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Get this.

A fighting game featuring characters from all throughout Nintendo's history.

I mean , who wouldn't want that?
What sort of strange hypothetical series do you speak of? Surley if this were to exist, you'd have a Smashing good time of sorts. One could even say that the Combos would be of the Wombo variety.

I think that Classic Megaman and Kirby could make an interesting crossover. Both copy powers, so there's some kind of connection. It'd be even better if it was as difficult as a Megaman game, but was structured like a Kirby game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom