• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Have you ever lived somewhere you couldn't tell if the loud boom outside was gunshots or fireworks?

Should I feel patriotic, or fear for my life?

Last edited:

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Have you ever lived somewhere you couldn't tell if the loud boom outside was gunshots or fireworks?

Apparently my city is becoming one of the more murder-heavy cities in America so yeah, I wonder.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

It's probably just one of your neighbours lighting their own fireworks irresponsibly.
So feel both

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
YO #3 ON TWITCH

VGBC GETTING IN THERE.

vgbcHypeBox

Shoutouts to Hong-san <3

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
So, some people are saying Wario will get put on here tonight/tomorrow whatever. What you guys think?
Wario will be revealed tomorrow every day

(also, fun fact: I was going to post this but a notice came up saying the thread was locked, meaning it was locked between me loading the page and posting. CRAZYAL02 IS A PART OF HISTORY)

Morbi

Scavenger
Wario will be revealed tomorrow every day

(also, fun fact: I was going to post this but a notice came up saying the thread was locked, meaning it was locked between me loading the page and posting. CRAZYAL02 IS A PART OF HISTORY)
That has been my mentality since before Mario Kart 8 launched. I just keep telling myself the same thing every night before bed. Eventually, it will become truth. I just have to wait for the day prior to the "tomorrow."

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Basically, we'd rather the social thread be a [good] off-topic discussion rather than a spam/like me sink. A majority of you are great a majority of the time, but it's very easy for things to lull into "spam" without really anything constructive that can come out of it. I don't think we need to be handing out warnings/infractions for this type of stuff, but it would be great if people would help keep the standards higher and we would like everyone to understand us being a bit more proactive in keeping things in line.

Thanks,
Mod Squad

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
@ Morbi Morbi likes this.
No joke it's really getting weird. I said how he really likes everything he sees (even if he strongly disagrees) on the ridley thread. Result: Dark phazon posted negatives things towards him to test and he did liked (and laugh so much). It's really his trademark and it will always be the same (yeah the day that he stops it, ask him what's wrong because that would not be him).

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Well, looks like we actually couldn't post there.
Eh, I only recently started (not) being here anyway so whatevs, i think i mostly want to see what happens when this whole place breaks apart

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
No joke it's really getting weird. I said how he really likes everything he sees (even if he strongly disagrees) on the ridley thread. Result: Dark phazon posted negatives things towards him to test and he did liked (and laugh so much). It's really his trademark and it will always be the same (yeah the day that he stops it, ask him what's wrong because that would not be him).
I thought it went without saying, but posts about specific members (criticizing or otherwise) are discouraged unless said member is part of/okay with it.

Also Morbid is a she.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So what about that new game Atlus is teasing?

Who else is hoping for their deceptively cute and pretty series to be getting a new installment?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Basically, we'd rather the social thread be a [good] off-topic discussion rather than a spam/like me sink. A majority of you are great a majority of the time, but it's very easy for things to lull into "spam" without really anything constructive that can come out of it. I don't think we need to be handing out warnings/infractions for this type of stuff, but it would be great if people would help keep the standards higher and we would like everyone to understand us being a bit more proactive in keeping things in line.

Thanks,
Mod Squad
I personally don't understand where this whole "The social thread is getting spammy" ideas are coming from. Even the spammy parts of the thread are usually stopped quicker and easier then most of the forums. Heck, no one really even spammed when this thread was reaching 1000 pages. That was actually quite the accomplishment.

Now, I'm not trying to say I'm against what you guys are planning to do, I think it's a great thing, it's just I'm not sure what guys mean by spamming besides those two incidents that happen. :/

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, which is better

Thriller or Smooth Criminal?

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Warning Received
Also Morbid is a she.
i should probably have known this already, but given the complete non-answers when that's brought up

MORBID'S BIO OH MY GOD

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I apologize; I cannot help but feel as though I inadvertently contributed to the inherent problem at hand, if possible, I would be willing to cease my liking habits in this specific thread. Or at the very least, if there is obvious spam, "Hey, Morbid, like this!" I can always do the unthinkable and decide to not like it, therefore doing my part and mitigating the damage already done by my presence. I do not want to reinforce behavior that attenuates the value of the thread.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Thanks,
Mod Squad
You double-posted! You goddamn hypocrite! D<

Ah, but seriously...I don't see this working out too well, but I'm sure at least some of us will try to work with you guys.

Good luck.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I personally don't understand where this whole "The social thread is getting spammy" ideas are coming from. Even the spammy parts of the thread are usually stopped quicker and easier then most of the forums. Heck, no one really even spammed when this thread was reaching 1000 pages. That was actually quite the accomplishment.

Now, I'm not trying to say I'm against what you guys are planning to do, I think it's a great thing, it's just I'm not sure what guys mean by spamming besides those two incidents that happen. :/
The Social Thread is not spammy usually, but it does tend to go into that territory on occasion (the overrated/underrated post spam) or making unnecessary posts just for likes (happened a little on the last page). That is what we want to prevent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom