• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
If Windows 10 doesn't have any easter eggs referencing Windows' 30th anniversary, I swear I'll...
Not really care about it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll go to sleep now that 2015 has been reached.

Good Night and don't get banned while I'm asleep. :p

:231:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Hell yeah, I caught a Arapaima in New Leaf on my first try

Updating to the release candidate, let's see if they fixed the driver issue, build 10166 keeps auto updating the nvidia driver, giving me all sorts of... weird results.
View attachment 61916
That.... Is scary

Last edited:

Grass

Smash Lord
"Watching Hax at a tournament is equivalent to watching a combo video during a tournament AT the tournament!" -friend of mine.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Guys at my work feel a constant need to talk to me about how hot the girls here are. :p
I'd like to say it's because of an over-sexualization of our culture or something, but there's something more basic in the way people act.
There's a tendency in some to lock onto a subject with another for various reasons, too many reasons to count. They're afraid to talk about something else, they only want to present a side of themselves as a means to suggest at or gain some end (most likely in this case IMO), it's the only way they think they can connect, they just really like talking about it, they want to talk through things but can't / are afraid to talk to themselves about it, they are stroking their ego through talking to another, or it could be a genuine mutual interest (clearly not in this case).

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
  • I'd be fine with seeing the detailed backgrounds, but nothing really looked all that good to me. My other problem with the art doesn't have to do with how they move, but more with how they look. The designs don't really...look good in anyway. I can nitpick the designs, but like you said, it's up to the person (There is an extent to it though).
  • Sure, you need to build your characters and the world; That's what a good piece of literature or show is suppose to do. But seeing what you said, half of the first season is dedicated to constructing the world. That should not take that long to explain. I'm not expecting to learn all of the setting in one go, but it shouldn't be the entire focus. Set up the main parts of it, then continue it in later episodes. However, when you're doing this, you should also build up your characters along side it. I keep hearing how they go more into the characters later on, but in the beginning the gems really aren't all that great. And if i'm watching the show from the beginning, that doesn't give me a good impression of them.
  • I'll give you that, it is subjective...to an extent. Not referring to the music in the show, but in general. I could explain it better, but I don't want this to get to long.
  • And that's my problem. I keep hearing the show gets better at a later point, but it should've been good since the beginning. It's why I get the impression of these characters, because they couldn't exactly make them likable to me at that point. Greg was really the only one who I thought was ok.
And i'm fine with it being a character driven story. However, when I here the lines, "We always save the day. And if you think we can't, we'll always find a way!" I expect it to have it more centered on them doing things related to protecting Earth. In the end, here is how I want the show to be: I want to see the gems actually doing hero stuff, while also showing them build character along the way.

Well, this took longer than expected. I'm fine with how you think of the show, this is just how I feel. If I watched the show more, then maybe I could get a better understanding of it. For now though, i'm just not caring for it.
It has been good since the beginning. It just became something even better later on. Sometimes a show needs to find its legs before it can walk, and then it can learn to run. But you already have formed an opinion of it on your own, so I'll leave it at that. I'm glad we had a short but mature discussion. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

HEY GUYS LOOK! We just had a mature debate with no bloodshed! On the internet!

TakeYourHeart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
solemnpancake
I myself kind of prefer when I get treated as one of the guys, it's more awkward when girls ask me about cute bois and relationships and I'm like :I
Haha, I suppose there is some merit to that.

But then again, I'm pretty much one of those people who vastly would rather make raunchy jokes with friends over bragging about people I've hooked up with. It often strikes me as too much of an ego thing, no?

Grass

Smash Lord
You know, I'm still watching Smash 4 played out like melee in my head. I'm sure someone will find a way to make smash 4 more like PM without all the wonkiness in PM.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Obo, you are legitimately gay though. I hear girls use the "i'm gay" excuse to get away from guys.

@smokebomb12
sure, when I'm home.
I wonder if a guys ever used that excuse to get away from girls...

nah, they'd have to be gay to say I'm gay to a woman.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Obo, you are legitimately gay though. I hear girls use the "i'm gay" excuse to get away from guys.
yeah and after I say that I am really gay and I dont care about their swooning over a boy, they leave me alone XP
I like punching my self my foot #RandomThoughtsOfSwampertrulz
What did your poor foot do you you? D:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom