• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Well, I don't like the style or animation of the show. It either looks bland or looks like no effort was put into it at all. I also really don't like the gems. Pearl is very annoying, Garnet is boring, and Amythest is just to unlikable. The songs are something i'm not very appreciative of either. Sure, there's a few that are alright, but the rest aren't anything special. The thing that really gets me though, is every episode I've seen or caught a clip of, nothing was happening. I hear so much about the story development and character development, but I never see any of that in episodes. Maybe it's like that now, but it really didn't seem like that when I saw episodes.
For the animation and style, it's really up to the tastes of people. I still like the animation of SU. Not "amazing" but still enjoyable. You could say the same thing about any animated thing you see.

For the characters themselves, the thing you're describing are pretty much what they are in the very beginning.
Pearl's annoyingness (mostly salt and thirst) starts to get problematic for the group, Garnet is always pressured since she's the strongest, Amethyst matures over the episodes, etc.
The characters do evolve, but you have to watch more episodes to see it. And again, it's like this for any good show. You can't find the true character right at the beginning, it needs a lot of episodes to evolve.

The songs ? It's really up to the tastes again. I found them alright, some are awesome, but some are just "meh".
And you're probably are not watching the right episodes to see "action". That's why the "Steven Bombs" are generally the episodes where the most stuff happens. Before them, not a lot is really going on. The plot really started to get big with the first Steven Bomb, with Jail Break and all that stuff.

Maybe you should watch more episodes. But if you don't like it, that's fine. Everyone has their taste and opinions. And I respect yours.

D

Deleted member

It's not accidental if you intended it.~
I went ahead, and posted the second comment, without knowledge. I thought a user already posted something between those two posts at the time.

At least it's not an infraction..

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I remember those days. Speculation was high, everyone was hyped, and people were acting like only they should be catered to Sakurai.
Good times...
#NeverForgetRidley.
That his soul rest in peace....:4wiifitm:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Oh it was. It also gave you a tendency to cringe when FE reps were mentioned.
Let me guess, something along the lines of,

[ahem]

"HOLY ****ING **** GUIZ! I JUST BEAT AWAKENING ON NORMAL CASUAL AND THARJA, OWAIN, JOSHUA'S HAT, AND SIGURD ON FIRE DESERVE TO BE IN SMASH OVER MARTH AND IKE!"

Soul.

"Mewtwo will be revealed in October of 2013 thanks to Pokémon X and Y releasing in said month"
>no mewtwo

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I remember saying Ike would return for Smash 4, Charizard would return alone and Chrom wouldn't be playable. People laughed at me... Who's laughing now? WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh it was. It also gave you a tendency to cringe when FE reps were mentioned.
I remember now that you said that my FE character choice was:
Marth
Roy
The Black Knight
And Robin.
I wasn't optisme for the Black Knight since he wasn't that popular and him without Ike would have been very wrong. But i still hoped until Ike was confirmed. I know it at this moment that my dream will be only dream....

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Let me guess, something along the lines of,

[ahem]

"HOLY ****ING **** GUIZ! I JUST BEAT AWAKENING ON NORMAL CASUAL AND THARJA, OWAIN, JOSHUA'S HAT, AND SIGURD ON FIRE DESERVE TO BE IN SMASH OVER MARTH AND IKE!"
It was less that and more "X should get in over others/Ike because *insert generic point here*" followed by "No, X has a better chance because *insert rebuttal here*". And let's just say that in the eyes of the fanbase everyone had a chance. Everyone.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
It was less that and more "X should get in over others/Ike because *insert generic point here*" followed by "No, X has a better chance because *insert rebuttal here*". And let's just say that in the eyes of the fanbase everyone had a chance. Everyone.
World 1-2 Goomba 4 Smash
Well really she's the only one of the main 3 that has had really any development.
You must not be very far in the series then.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Well, I don't like the style or animation of the show. It either looks bland or looks like no effort was put into it at all. I also really don't like the gems. Pearl is very annoying, Garnet is boring, and Amythest is just to unlikable. The songs are something i'm not very appreciative of either. Sure, there's a few that are alright, but the rest aren't anything special. The thing that really gets me though, is every episode I've seen or caught a clip of, nothing was happening. I hear so much about the story development and character development, but I never see any of that in episodes. Maybe it's like that now, but it really didn't seem like that when I saw episodes.

I don't expect everyone to like the same thing, so don't take it like I'm being condescending. But if I could debate with your opinion;

• I could pull out any of Steven Universe's backgrounds and prove that there's more than enough effort put into the show's art style. The character designs are kept simple so they are more flexible for animation. Granted, it does take the first 10 or so episodes before the character design and animation is solidified as some characters do look off in some of the early episodes.
  • There's a lot of world building, so we need to become accustomed to the characters themselves and how they interact with each other before they start character developing. The character development is more prevalent in the second half of Season 1, but world building takes place in the very beginning. There might seem like a whole lot of nothing going on at first, until you start seeing things from earlier episodes being brought up later, especially with the Gem culture and mythos.
  • Songs are very subjective with taste, so I won't argue with that. A lot of people adore the sound design/music though, which I agree with. I can listen to the BGM on extended repeats because they fit my tastes.
  • I will admit, Steven Universe has a slow start, but its all worth it when you get to the greater episodes. I'd say the turning point would the first two-parter episodes (Episode 25 + 26) where an overarching plot starts to become grounded. But I must say...
  • Steven Universe is a character driven story. It's not focused on an epic plot of world domination or good vs. bad, but on how very human and relatable the characters act and interact with each other. The overarching plot in action helps support an engaging narrative, but it isn't the absolute focus.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

GEMATSU.
CHORUS KIDS.
ESRB LEAK.
THARJA TROPHY.
DUCK HUNT.
DARK PIT.
RAGE AND TEARS.
SCHADENFREUDES.
TOO BIG.
3DS RELEASE.
PATCHES.
HOO HAH.
WII U RELEASE.
ROSALINA.

Did I miss anything?

:231:

D

Deleted member

GEMATSU.
CHORUS KIDS.
ESRB LEAK.
THARJA TROPHY.
DUCK HUNT.
DARK PIT.
RAGE AND TEARS.
SCHADENFREUDES.
TOO BIG.
3DS RELEASE.
PATCHES.
HOO HAH.
WII U RELEASE.
ROSALINA.

Did I miss anything?

Nope, you didn't.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
go sleep then, maybe.
or nap.
I'm bored too. But i won't go to bed until my page wiki is change.:troll:
No really, i don't know what to do. And i'm going soon to bed anyway. I just want something BIG before i go. (No Ridley joke please.:samus:)

Soul.

GEMATSU.
CHORUS KIDS.
ESRB LEAK.
THARJA TROPHY.
DUCK HUNT.
DARK PIT.
RAGE AND TEARS.
SCHADENFREUDES.
TOO BIG.
3DS RELEASE.
PATCHES.
HOO HAH.
WII U RELEASE.
ROSALINA.

Did I miss anything?

You missed this gem:
September 13th +

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa reminded me of this channel with his list of 2014 words.
Even words can make us feel. D:

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'm bored too. But i won't go to bed until my page wiki is change.:troll:
No really, i don't know what to do. And i'm going soon to bed anyway. I just want something BIG before i go. (No Ridley joke please.:samus:)
Too lazy to search for a picture, so insert *bigthecat.jpg* here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom