• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I decided, I'll super smash $100 to get the Limited Edition Sailor Moon SH Figuarts to give it to myself as a birthday present, and then get the Splatoon Bundle a month later.

D

Deleted member

I went to class, only to find that classes were cancelled for the day. Why does no one tell me? :mad:

So, how are you people doing? How was the XCX Direct?

:231:
Not interested in the game so I didn't watch it. And I'm bored doing good! :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There was an earthquake in Nepal just now. Very minor tremors were felt here too.

I didn't really notice it, but some friends were freaked out. :skull:

D

Deleted member

There was an earthquake in Nepal just now. Very minor tremors were felt here too.

I didn't really notice it, but some friends were freaked out. :skull:

Was it a really strong one at that? Talking about Nepal, of course.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm... not well today.

[collapse="Hidden for being disturbing and depressing"]I've been spending the whole day yesterday freaking out and crying over my own mortality.
Specifically, I've been thinking about the likes of Brandon Lee and Vic Morrow a lot, and how sudden and horrible the things that happened to them are.
I'm scared to death that something like that will happen to me. I'm almost certain that something like that will happen to me.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
My most wanted amiibos are Lucario and Rosalina.
For some reason, I always find a way to get screwed over when it comes to my favorite characters. >.>
I impulse buy them when I see them. I'm still missing heaps of my favourites, but got Wario and Diddy today!

I can't find Rosa anywhere. Never even seen a lot of them in stores.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I impulse buy them when I see them. I'm still missing heaps of my favourites, but got Wario and Diddy today!
I can't find Rosa anywhere. Never even seen a lot of them in stores.
I want to say there's one guy to blame for that, but...I don't know if he actually received as many amiibo as he preordered.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm... not well today.

[collapse="Hidden for being disturbing and depressing"]I've been spending the whole day yesterday freaking out and crying over my own mortality.
Specifically, I've been thinking about the likes of Brandon Lee and Vic Morrow a lot, and how sudden and horrible the things that happened to them are.
I'm scared to death that something like that will happen to me. I'm almost certain that something like that will happen to me.[/collapse]
Oh dear.

Take a sound rest if it's possible. Try to keep those kind of thoughts away -they will wreck your daily life you let them take over your mind.
Learn to relax. Take things are they come. Don't worry too much about the future. You can talk to any of the mods anytime, time zones aside. We'll try to help. :)

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Well, I've decided to change my name and begin a new life on these here boards. Today is my last day as @ FlappyFalco FlappyFalco .

Don't get me wrong, Tyrogue are still cool Pokémon, and Hyrule would be a nice place to live, but it's time for me to be reborn a new man.

P.S If you can guess what I'm changing it to, you get a Prank. Hint: It's a reference to the first Social Thread, and anyone who's fought me online might have an idea. ;)

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Well, I've decided to change my name and begin a new life on these here boards. Today is my last day as @ FlappyFalco FlappyFalco .

Don't get me wrong, Tyrogue are still cool Pokémon, and Hyrule would be a nice place to live, but it's time for me to be reborn a new man.

P.S If you can guess what I'm changing it to, you get a Prank. Hint: It's a reference to the first Social Thread, and anyone who's fought me online might have an idea. ;)
Something to do with Miles Edgeworth?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I'm putting the theme of a badass cyborg nazi here to say that I'm still alive.
And now I must go, my storyboards needs me.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Sometimes I just sit down and think, "who was that ****ing imbecile that shot the last dodo?"

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

I have no idea. I didn't join these boards until around the Second social thread.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sometimes I just sit down and think, "who was that ****ing imbecile that shot the last dodo?"
Well, environment wasn't really a concern back then. People did whatever they wanted.

Hunting was an extremely common sport among the higher classes. :urg:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
It's a lot more complicated than that I'm afraid, It's tragic and overhunting is horrible but there's no way they could have known...
At least back then.
Well, environment wasn't really a concern back then. People did whatever they wanted.

Hunting was an extremely common sport among the higher classes. :urg:

I just hope someone pushes the de-extinction process to start already. There are ethical arguments against it, yes, but I believe it's far less ethical to let those beautiful birds be forgotten because of our stupidity.

Anyone who's talked to me for a significant amount of time knows how strongly I'm concerned with legacy and preservation. I hate seeing things get destroyed or lost. Since it's scientifically possible to reverse some of the damage we've caused, why haven't we done it already?!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just hope someone pushes the de-extinction process to start already. There are ethical arguments against it, yes, but I believe it's far less ethical to let those beautiful birds be forgotten because of our stupidity.

Anyone who's talked to me for a significant amount of time knows how strongly I'm concerned with legacy and preservation. I hate seeing things get destroyed or lost. Since it's scientifically possible to reverse some of the damage we've caused, why haven't we done it already?!
De-extinction is a very slow process, and isn't easy either. I mean, it's like 10x harder than cloning, because we don't have a live sample to go off. Normally, a DNA contains millions of chains and a single mistake somewhere can deform the resultant creature. <Insert technical rambling here.>

I'm pretty sure it will become much more feasible in the future, but I don't think it will any time soon.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Could anyone here kindly provide me with a link or an explanation on how I would go about transferring my New 3DS' data on its 4GB micro-SD card onto a 32GB one I'm going to get soon? I don't think I'll struggle to much to do that, but I still have a problem as I have a 3DS game (Layton V Wright) stored on a separate SD card that I can't access, because whenever I try to transfer it onto my current 4GB one, it says I have to delete all data in order to do so. I can't play it on my old 3DS either, as I erased the data on that when I did the save data transfer. I haven't been able to find anything that helps me, so is there anyone here who's had the same problem?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
De-extinction is a very slow process, and isn't easy either. I mean, it's like 10x harder than cloning, because we don't have a live sample to go off. Normally, a DNA contains millions of chains and a single mistake somewhere can deform the resultant creature. <Insert technical rambling here.>

I'm pretty sure it will become much more feasible in the future, but I don't think it will any time soon.

I'm well aware of the sheer difficulty. However, it doesn't even seem like anyone's even started work on it, and on top of that, there's a time limit; the remaining nonliving specimens we have are undoubtably going to deteriorate into unusability if we wait too long.

So yeah... This is kind of important to me, and I want it to happen while I'm still young enough to be able to tell that it happened.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't support de-extinction.
You all know why.

I'm bad at telling if people are joking or not. You're probably joking, but just in case you're not;
I wasn't kidding about the time limit. They've looked in amber before; even the DNA preserved as thoroughly as that is simply GONE.

It's a miracle that we still have a usably preserved specimen of wooly mammoth, since they vanished thousands of years ago... And dodos don't even have the benefits of amber or ice, so the timeframe we have with them is far, far shorter.

De-Extinction? I think we should worry more about genociding mosquitoes and see how THEY like being extinct.
They ARE the #1 deadliest animal on Earth. I'm willing to be a hypocrite against them.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm bad at telling if people are joking or not. You're probably joking, but just in case you're not;
I wasn't kidding about the time limit. They've looked in amber before; even the DNA preserved as thoroughly as that is simply GONE.
It's a miracle that we still have a usably preserved specimen of wooly mammoth, since they vanished thousands of years ago... And dodos don't even have the benefits of amber or ice, so the timeframe we have with them is far, far shorter.
Of course I'm joking.
Having velociraptors roaming the Earth would be glorious.
They ARE the #1 deadliest animal on Earth. I'm willing to be a hypocrite against them.
Can we add cockroaches to that list of exceptions please?
Everything else is fine. But seriously **** them.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So weird, I literally just finished Jurassic Park. Best fricken movie.

Contemplating whether or not I should now watch Lost World. The 12-year-old me loved it. I've watched it since... only to be somewhat disappointed. I don't mind JP3 though.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Extinction makes me sad... It frightens me that probably soon in the future, rhinos, pandas, and tigers may be gone. Just a memory for the future generations. :(

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So weird, I literally just finished Jurassic Park. Best fricken movie.

Contemplating whether or not I should now watch Lost World. The 12-year-old me loved it. I've watched it since... only to be somewhat disappointed. I don't mind JP3 though.
I like the Lost World, couldn't stand the third movie.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Everything else is fine. But seriously **** them.
Cockroaches are like relics. They appeared before the dinosaurs and even the worst extinctions haven't killed then. If nature itself couldn't get rid of them multiple times, I don't we puny humans can. :estatic:

Mosquitoes can go extinct for all I care though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom