• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I guess My ears are used to it, that or my computer is Jesus and does something to the songs without me knowing
or like most people, you never could have gotten the differences.

It took me a wav in front of me to get it.

in fact, if you want, I could upload you a wav of Paper Mario ost, and you would listen to the same music on youtube.

sounds fair?

You could choose any music from anything from all games, I even have sticker star wav.....

R0Y

Smash Master
Here's the loudness war at its most extreme:

You can hear the clipping and everything is FULL BLAST with no dynamic range. Best Metallica song of the past 25 years though!

That's why I listen to LPs, they're less noisy
Luckily some bands now release their stuff in lossless formats/LPs which reach DR10 most of the time, but still the loudness war still lives on.
I prefer LP's too, especially if the album was originally analog instead of recorded digitally like modern albums.

Yup, they can be better. Death Magnetic was pretty much the worst point though, the tracks were mixed brutally from the start. Guitar Hero actually got a much quieter mix but it was literally just turned down Death Magnetic brickwalled tracks. And it's really sad because that's a good album!

I think the loudness war is starting to cool off just a little.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

By the way, all this talk about compressed .mp3's, people who don't pay for music:

This is part of why Taylor Swift tops the charts now. Country pop is even worse than regular pop.

Aside from that, I wouldn't illegally download anything approaching a modern game.
Country pop being worse than regular pop? Don't know much about that, but Nashville better get canceled because of that. :troll:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Real music is mostly techno and all that boring **** ehh.
I don't like you
Seriously, I think modern pop music is dumb but there's a HUGE AMOUNT of non-OST music that's really good nonetheless

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I don't like you
Seriously, I think modern pop music is dumb but there's a HUGE AMOUNT of non-OST music that's really good nonetheless
you know one type of real music I seem to like?

Classic.

idk why, but when I listen to turkish Marsh, I just like it and I fail to know why.

One thing is sure, I like classical :)

R0Y

Smash Master
Real metal was actually somewhat of a thing in the mainstream late 70's through the 80's, what happened?

Was it glam rock (hair metal) that killed it? Was it death metal (eww)?

Most metalheads don't care though and like being an underground subculture I think :p

you know one type of real music I seem to like?

Classic.

idk why, but when I listen to turkish Marsh, I just like it and I fail to know why.

One thing is sure, I like classical :)
Metal is closest to classical music.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
YOU SHALL REGRET THIS!!!!!

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Ok, I';m kidding but let me tell you something you might have not egt:

I
****ING
HATE
MP3!!!!!!!!

They are compressed in a lossy way meaning you loose informations. After a while I realised they downgrade the quality so much that if I listen to an mp3 at 100%, chances are I want to throw my headphones in the windows.

Also, I HAVE A FREAKING 50MBPS INTENET UNLIMITED BANDWITH! I don;t care about storage, I have a terabyte avaliable.

And seriously.....it worth SO MUCH the space.....

I cannot tell you how ugly mp3 are compared to my ripped wav. These flacs are compressed, but LOSSLESS so you can't notice anything.

Sorry if I was rude, but It's jsut that I hate this format with passion, I want them to burn....
My ears aren't as good as yours... I think I mentioned before though that I still dislike MP3s because they're unwieldy. Seriously, you can safely compress, say, an OGG to a degree that would make an MP3 sound like a dog in a washing machine.
Which incidentally is one of my favorite metaphors/similes I've ever made.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yes it did, it got traded to Dawn, who later released it back in DP.
Dawn is a bad trainer to have released it.
for me, this is the best TWW music:

I just love the cheekecheek and the whistle...:)
As much as I like HDs music, the original is still true to me

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Here's the loudness war at its most extreme:

You can hear the clipping and everything is FULL BLAST with no dynamic range. Best Metallica song of the past 25 years though!

I prefer LP's too, especially if the album was originally analog instead of recorded digitally like modern albums.

Yup, they can be better. Death Magnetic was pretty much the worst point though, the tracks were mixed brutally from the start. Guitar Hero actually got a much quieter mix but it was literally just turned down Death Magnetic brickwalled tracks. And it's really sad because that's a good album!

I think the loudness war is starting to cool off just a little.
I hope it keeps cooling down
Dream Theater, Symphony X and Stratovarius are releasing albums this year and I hope the mixing on all of them is good, specially with the former; the last DT album felt like a wall of sound sometimes, so I got the 5.1 mix to to enjoy the album a little bit more

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
My ears aren't as good as yours... I think I mentioned before though that I still dislike MP3s because they're unwieldy. Seriously, you can safely compress, say, an OGG to a degree that would make an MP3 sound like a dog in a washing machine.
Which incidentally is one of my favorite metaphors/similes I've ever made.
I actually experienced stuff with ogg and real quick it was hard to notice anything if I kept the compression to a minimum.

But problem? it\'s not common.

My hate is people thinking it's awesome music with mp3 while I just can;t stand it.

but seriously, I messed withb ogg files to give sfx and music to minecraft, it's fine, but just please be sure you convert from the wav and that you compress to the least possible.

NEVER EVER FOR THE LOVE OF EVRYONE EARS COMPRESS AN MP3 TO ANY LOSSY FORMAT.

So, if you compress an mp3 you got from youtube, I hate you because youtube compressed it, and you recompres with mp3.....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Too late, he's a stage hazard.
Hell, even "considered" characters like Toon Zelda and Ayumi Tachibana has a better chance than Bigley.

And by the way, we can all agree that the Fire Emblem dragons are better than Ridley from a design standpoint. :p

D

Deleted member

I don't like you
I'd agree, but then again, listening to "real" music is rare. To me. :smirk:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
When it comes to music, here's my favorites and least favorites

Favorite

5. Jason Mraz
4. Train
3. Nsync
2, Crush 40
1. Matchbox Twenty

Least Favorite

5. Jay-Z
4. Ke$ha
3. The All American Rejects
2. Hunnid P
1. Carly Rae Jepsen

D

Deleted member

Hell, even "considered" characters like Toon Zelda and Ayumi Tachibana has a better chance than Bigley.

And by the way, we can all agree that the Fire Emblem dragons are better than Ridley from a design standpoint. :p
Actually I wouldn't mind Toon Zelda and that other character. Ridley's size is something you can't get rid of. And then people start with the Olimar and Bowser arguments...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Actually I wouldn't mind Toon Zelda and that other character. Ridley's size is something you can't get rid of. And then people start with the Olimar and Bowser arguments...
Bleh.
Don't remind me of those arguments.
Personally, I don't care about the size argument, but whenever I see people try to use the Bowser or Olimar arguments, I cringe a little.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I will post some notable vgm I loved, no youtube link because there's so much:

TTYD we believe in you amrio: best vgm I ever heard, is the best way to express encouragement ever and is my wake up music :)

Dk64: hideout helm: the music gets me everything, it perfectly reflects the feels of bieng the only one that can beat the game, you feel distress in the crescendo at the end.

SSBM menu 1: the most meorable vgm I heard because I got exposed to it for so long, the best way to express universal and global meaning.

Chrono trigger bottom of the night: best sad musiv ever, you really feel the sadness through the snes sounds and the instruments.

tloz MM final hours: this music is so powerful to reflect hopeless and even depression, my feel on Sunday night when Monday comes.

pkmn G/S/C ice path: this music has so much constant tension and release that you feel everything you do is crucial which is so good.

spm bounding of itmes: best way to show memories staying after a very long period of times, its message is some memories can't be forgotten.

pm64: crystal palace: realy calm music and it gives you the fel of exploring stuff.

pkmn X/Y gym leader battle: this is just amazing, but thsi music is like an elevator to the sky and you watching everything down....it feels so much powerfull.

And many....MANY others, if I listed them all, it would take a whole day.....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Whenever people get into discussions over the value of mainstream music and subjective tastes and whatnot, I'm always reminded of one of the best Gravity Falls quotes:

"Cause dang it, Top 40 Hits are the Top 40 for a reason...they're catchy."

D

Deleted member

Bleh.
Don't remind me of those arguments.
Personally, I don't care about the size argument, but whenever I see people try to use the Bowser or Olimar arguments, I cringe a little.
Like, they're completely different characters, right? Why bring them up? No wonder why the Metroid fanbase sickens me.. (opinion).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've decided to buy spore

This is a game I've wanted for A LONG time

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Like, they're completely different characters, right? Why bring them up? No wonder why the Metroid fanbase sickens me.. (opinion).
More like I don't understand the logical reasoning behind the arguments. I feel like some Ridley fans take the definition of "Size" a it too literally.
And they tend to ignore logic in order to try to prove a point.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to make an herbivore, because I never made one before

D

Deleted member

More like I don't understand the logical reasoning behind the arguments. I feel like some Ridley fans take the definition of "Size" a it too literally.
And they tend to ignore logic in order to try to prove a point.
And this is why that purple dragon is the last thing you would want to see in Smash. :troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I went to class, only to find that classes were cancelled for the day. Why does no one tell me? :mad:

So, how are you people doing? How was the XCX Direct?

:231:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom