• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I just had a really good dream. It was in the form of the smash doc. It showed a clip with ZeR0 and Mew2King. Mew2King was playing with toys then ( still showing ZeR0 and Mew2King ) Prog said, "If you call Mew2King a freak he won't care. Luigi ( referring to the character in 64 ) is weird. No one usually used him. ( Then it showed off random people playing 64 while someone picked Luigi. For some reason Mewtwo was on the roster... ) Then it showed a picture of people playing Melee and celebrating and Prog said " We are all weird. Smash players are weird. But that is what makes s family." I do not know how i got this beautiful dream but i hope more like this comes to me.
Maybe this was a window into an alternate reality

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Flying cockroaches are more terrifying than 4-inch ones. Not only do they rival the size, but they can literally go anywhere. And they're fast.

The forests of Pennsylvania are home to black bears, coyotes, and the really rare mountain lion that the game commission doesn't want you to know live here, but these are the most terrifying of creatures.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You know what game I would really want?

http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_Arcade_GP_2

The problem? I'm not a millionare so I can't buy a cabinet
And using emulators means no 2-player matches
:urg:
I've actually emulated that. Really fun game, but still needs to add stuff for the full experience (like stuff from card data and, like you said, multiplayer).

I gotta go to Dave & Busters someday to play Mario Kart Arcade GP DX too.

Anywho, long day & stressful day at work. To blow off some steam, I decided to spend some of my birthday money so I went with $10 eShop card & a :4sonic: amiibo. Now I have 3 amiibos (plus :4wario: & the Splatoon 3-pack preordered).

D

Deleted member

Flying cockroaches are more terrifying than 4-inch ones. Not only do they rival the size, but they can literally go anywhere. And they're fast.

The forests of Pennsylvania are home to black bears, coyotes, and the really rare mountain lion that the game commission doesn't want you to know live here, but these are the most terrifying of creatures.
I've seen some of them. My eyes, man... a thousand brain cells were lost in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:

R0Y

Smash Master
Been working out a bit and cutting sugar almost completely. I feel so much better about my body now.

I'm... not well today.

[collapse="Hidden for being disturbing and depressing"]I've been spending the whole day yesterday freaking out and crying over my own mortality.
Specifically, I've been thinking about the likes of Brandon Lee and Vic Morrow a lot, and how sudden and horrible the things that happened to them are.
I'm scared to death that something like that will happen to me. I'm almost certain that something like that will happen to me.[/collapse]

I know what happened to Brandon Lee on that movie set by memory and I used to have the exact same kind of fear, but I grew out of it. If I die that way, nothing I can do. It's a very real fear but I think you'll eventually cope with it too. Depression is a bad liar because you never think it's going to go away...and then it does, like you didn't even do anything.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm... not well today.

[collapse="Hidden for being disturbing and depressing"]I've been spending the whole day yesterday freaking out and crying over my own mortality.
Specifically, I've been thinking about the likes of Brandon Lee and Vic Morrow a lot, and how sudden and horrible the things that happened to them are.
I'm scared to death that something like that will happen to me. I'm almost certain that something like that will happen to me.[/collapse]
While I'm just some 14 year old kid on the internet who doesn't know anything, I have some advice, as I've been through time like this top.
You just have to stay positive and live life like you normally would. If something did happen to you that ended your life, would you really want to have wasted some of your life worrying?

This may sound depressing at first, but death is coming for all of us, and it will get us eventually.
But for most of us here, it's still a while away, so enjoy the time you have.
Life may seen short, but it's actually the longest thing you'll ever do.

Looking at your profile, you're only 19. Assuming you die a natural death, that's about a quarter of your life, maybe even less! Everything you ever experienced since the day you were born, everything you can remember, every thought that was ever in your mind, only add up to 25%! You get to do everything you ever did at least three more times! Isn't that awesome!?

While, yes, there's a chance you'll die an unnatural death, it's a slim one. The huge majority of deaths in the modern world are natural. The only reason we always hear about the murders and tragic deaths are because there are more too them, and people try to investigate them, or it could be to prove a point (for example, the news may mention a guy died while driving drunk, to try to get people to drive sober). With a natural death, that's just the end of it, so there's no need for a big commotion.

The bottom line is to stay positive! You gotta make the most of life! Don't be bummed out over the fact you have a limited lifetime. Even though it's limited, it could still be a really great, amazing, beautiful life for you! And whenever you do think about death, you should think "If I died right now, would I be satisfied with my life?"
If the answer is no, go get up and live!

No matter your religion, or if you don't have one, there's no arguing that life is a gift, and that we should all make the most of it. :)

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Welps, either I'm getting a single dorm, or I'm rooming with someone I don't know. I'm hoping that the person I don't know can be someone good. Last person I was rooming with before my roommate seems to have mental issues and some alcohol problems and the roommate before that is an alcoholic. If I get another alcohol, pot head, smoker, etc I'm gonna lose my ****. I just want to ****ing enjoy college with good roommates and not ****ty ones (thank god for current roommate)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You know what game I would really want?

http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_Arcade_GP_2

The problem? I'm not a millionare so I can't buy a cabinet
And using emulators means no 2-player matches
:urg:
I haven't played that one, but I have played the DX one, and I hate it because:
- There's a narrator wholiterally points out everything (MARIO HAS A MUSHROOM!).
- The narrator sounds exactly like that guy with the annoying voice who does voice-overs for infomercials for children's products. You know, this guy?
- The items are weird new ones that have nothing to do with Mario or anything, most of which serve the same function as the old ones.
- Don-Chan? If there has to be a second Namco character, why not a more iconic one like Dig-Dug? Heck, why not bring back Blinky?
- They used the Packster design.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
While I'm just some 14 year old kid on the internet who doesn't know anything, I have some advice, as I've been through time like this top.
You just have to stay positive and live life like you normally would. If something did happen to you that ended your life, would you really want to have wasted some of your life worrying?

This may sound depressing at first, but death is coming for all of us, and it will get us eventually.
But for most of us here, it's still a while away, so enjoy the time you have.
Life may seen short, but it's actually the longest thing you'll ever do.

Looking at your profile, you're only 19. Assuming you die a natural death, that's about a quarter of your life, maybe even less! Everything you ever experienced since the day you were born, everything you can remember, every thought that was ever in your mind, only add up to 25%! You get to do everything you ever did at least three more times! Isn't that awesome!?

While, yes, there's a chance you'll die an unnatural death, it's a slim one. The huge majority of deaths in the modern world are natural. The only reason we always hear about the murders and tragic deaths are because there are more too them, and people try to investigate them, or it could be to prove a point (for example, the news may mention a guy died while driving drunk, to try to get people to drive sober). With a natural death, that's just the end of it, so there's no need for a big commotion.

The bottom line is to stay positive! You gotta make the most of life! Don't be bummed out over the fact you have a limited lifetime. Even though it's limited, it could still be a really great, amazing, beautiful life for you! And whenever you do think about death, you should think "If I died right now, would I be satisfied with my life?"
If the answer is no, go get up and live!

No matter your religion, or if you don't have one, there's no arguing that life is a gift, and that we should all make the most of it. :)
It's just hard to sometimes, you know? It's easy to say I'm young and I have 50 or so years ahead of me, but in my mind that's "Oh ****, that's only five Star Wars III's to now away".
I get scared because I've been realizing lately just how short a year is. Tick. Tick. Tick. Oh, look, my cats that I remember seeing born are about to die of old age. Tick. Tick. Tick. Oh, look, these school-age kids in front of me were born after literally everything I know. Tick. Tick. Tick.
Yes, I can experienced everything I ever have again three more times. But zero times three is still zero. My life has been a waste. I'm a full-grown adult and I still live under the same house rules as when I was 10. My mother complains about how old she's getting - taking away MY youth in the process. Why yes, I do have abusive parents, why do you ask?!

Never heard of it. What's it about?
robots in disguise, obviously

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Welp, I'm a new man now. @Tyrogue of Hyrule is gone.

Time to celebrate with this video: :awesome:

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Never heard of it. What's it about?

The latest anime I've watched was Aldnoah.Zero, as my avatar suggests.
Humanity has overpopulated Earth, so they want to make the surface of Mars (the closest planet) inhabitable for hyoomans
The cheapest method was sending cockroaches and moss (the explanation for that reason I forgot) but when they send people on a mission to check Mars, people find out that the cockroaches have evolved drastically
From there the story gets deeper and better
It's a bit violent and gory

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It's just hard to sometimes, you know? It's easy to say I'm young and I have 50 or so years ahead of me, but in my mind that's "Oh ****, that's only five Star Wars III's to now away".
I get scared because I've been realizing lately just how short a year is. Tick. Tick. Tick. Oh, look, my cats that I remember seeing born are about to die of old age. Tick. Tick. Tick. Oh, look, these school-age kids in front of me were born after literally everything I know. Tick. Tick. Tick.
Yes, I can experienced everything I ever have again three more times. But zero times three is still zero. My life has been a waste. I'm a full-grown adult and I still live under the same house rules as when I was 10. My mother complains about how old she's getting - taking away MY youth in the process. Why yes, I do have abusive parents, why do you ask?!
Time is weird. Looking back, time seems short (Mega Man was confirmed to be in Smash 4 almost 2 years ago, and Smash 4 has been out for over 6 months), but looking forward, it seems long. And death is obviously ahead of you, so.....

And that "you get to do everything you've done 3 more times" thing was an example to show you the time. You don't really have to do everything you did 3 more times. You can do anything you want! So if you feel unsatisfied with everything you have done, that's fine! You can get up and do anything! ANYTHING! Go out and do something great! You just have to apply yourself and believe!

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Humanity has overpopulated Earth, so they want to make the surface of Mars (the closest planet) inhabitable for hyoomans
The cheapest method was sending cockroaches and moss (the explanation for that reason I forgot) but when they send people on a mission to check Mars, people find out that the cockroaches have evolved drastically
Funnily enough, I believe Aldnoah Zero also features humans settling on Mars. Can't be sure as I've never seen it though. Must be a recurring trope theme in anime I guess.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sounds cool.

Might be checking it out.

Funnily enough, I believe Aldnoah Zero also features humans settling on Mars. Can't be sure as I've never seen it though. Must be a recurring trope theme in anime I guess.
Yeah, it does involve humans on Mars, though it's completely different concept.

R0Y

Smash Master
Terraforming would be great. If we don't expand beyond Earth (and eventually the Moon and Mars) we're all goners someday, and I'm not talking about even nuclear warfare, but just asteroids and the sun going supernova alone.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Played a free-for-all with CPUs as usual. 3 Stocks. On the results screen I somehow got 10 points with apparently 4 KO's on Link. I don't even have the S Flag on. Saved replay, watched replay to see only 3 KO's on Link, and result screen there still shows Link as being KO'd four times by me. I find that strange.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I've been gone from more than threee hours, and this thread has only advanced one page?

I know weekends are slow, but God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom