• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
"I'm really sorry," he said through a translator. "If I were to answer that question, I'd get in a lot of trouble in a lot of different ways, so I can't answer. But I think I can say generally that there won't be a trend of adding a lot of third-party characters. You can sort of think of Mega Man as being the special case."

Im sure Sakurai said that

But whatever, who am I to tell you want to believe and what not to believe
The 16th Century Catholic Church would like a word with you. :smirk:

Quote420

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quote420
Meh whatever happens will happen. I don't care much for Roy or Ryu. Same with Mewtwo and Lucas. Guess I'm still gonna wait. :4yoshi:
I honestly am not that interested in any of the characters, but I still like to overreact and get hyped. I feel like the journey of waiting and getting excited over every small thing is, most of the time, more fun than the destination of it actually being available.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Hmm... I don't know, man. I don't follow that franchise either (and RPGs in general).
Off the top of my head...
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Symphonia DoTNW
Soul Calibur Legends
Tales of Hearts
Tales of VS.

wait what if Street Laughter's fighter wasn't confirmed and instead Phoenix Wright was in.
Street Laughter. Really? I doubt it though, Capcom's known for three things these days:
  1. DLC
  2. Those guys that make Resident Evil and Street Fighter and that one game that is about flying into free.
  3. Shoving Ryu into nearly every crossover.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know, you're starting to sound like me from when I first came to SmashBoards. I dunno if you knew me from THAT back in time, but still.
Well, honestly, I'm still skeptical of the situation. But right now it seems like there's a chance at least, what with three reliable sources. That's the only real reason why I think it's worth discussing. If this came from some random dude, I'd probably laugh it off.

Though c'mon I'm not acting that crazy. It's mostly joking on my end. If I wanted to completely "geek out" or whatever, I would mentioned Viewtiful Joe or something.

"I'm really sorry," he said through a translator. "If I were to answer that question, I'd get in a lot of trouble in a lot of different ways, so I can't answer. But I think I can say generally that there won't be a trend of adding a lot of third-party characters. You can sort of think of Mega Man as being the special case."

Im sure Sakurai said that

But whatever, who am I to tell you want to believe and what not to believe
That only really says they won't go too overboard with the characters they add. Not that there can't be one more from a certain company. Still, I think it's best for everyone to remain reasonably skeptical of the situation.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Gamestop in my city received GC controller adapters earlier than expected, so I picked mines up today. Getting the adapter on the same day as Mewtwo and the DLC Mii costumes = good day! :D

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
As much as I loathe :roypm:, I'd rather he have a moveset based off of Sword of Seals rather than crappy :marthmelee: + Teh Ph1re!!!!!!!

Twewy

Smash Lord
Read this part and thought this was going to be about Lucina. My mind is in the gutter.
I have no FE experience, but I do have Smash experience. She's flat on both sides, she's a walking cardboard cutout, unlike Snake's booty ballistics.

Soul.

Street Laughter. Really? I doubt it though, Capcom's known for three things these days:
  1. DLC
  2. Those guys that make Resident Evil and Street Fighter and that one game that is about flying into free.
  3. Shoving Ryu into nearly every crossover.
yes street laughter.
As much as I loathe :roypm:, I'd rather he have a moveset based off of Sword of Seals rather than crappy :marthmelee: + Teh Ph1re!!!!!!!
It's not Roy without the ph1r3. Also please no to the Awakening design.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now I remember why I stopped playing For Glory. Not because of the spam or the below-average players or anything.
But because in most matches everything I do comes out a year and a half later.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And why he doesn't deserve it?
Without counting the "Is a third party character" stuff
He just doesn't belong in a Smash game. He's surely well known in the SF games and the "vs. Capcom" and w/e, and we already have Pac-man as a Namco rep (my memory on Capcom/Namco history isn't great, so my wording may be wrong), but isn't having Ryu too pushing it too much especially when Capcom already has Megaman, who they have neglected for a long time as of late? Like I said, it took me a while to get used to Pac-man, but I will not get used to this guy til like a year blows over. Next thing you know, we'll have another absurd character around.
Plus isn't Smash supposed to be about NINTENDO characters beating each other up? I can understand Sonic due to recent Nintendo support when it came to some of his games on their systems and him being massively requested back in the Brawl days, Snake in Brawl... I don't knowledge about this one so I'll skip it. Then we had Pac-Man in Smash 4 because Namco helping out with the game, though I still don't approve of him being in but I sucked it up and accepted it. But Ryu... aside from the very, very few games he's been in on Nintendo, has he done anything significantly for Nintendo?

Like I said, sorry for being paranoid. Aside from absurd character wants/choices all over the world that I had to deal with and all the leak/rumor talk even after Smash was released does get under my skin. I'd think we'd be passed this... but ever since DLC happened, it's gonna last a long time, and it sometimes makes me sad as well. :(

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Although I can now do 8 player Smash with other people due to having the GC controller adapter, I don't know too many people around this area who would be down to play. :/

If Roy comes back as DLC and keeps his moveset from Melee, at least his neutral B will be different from Marth...

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
It's not Roy without the ph1r3. Also please no to the Awakening design.
His Awakening design is just a flashy version of the Awakening mercs + a cape that isn't even on his back.

It didn't help that the only DLC character who had a semi-unique model was :4marth:

Twewy

Smash Lord
yes street laughter.
Ah man, you're a killer! That goes right up there with classics such as Kekken, Soul Caliblel, Noskillgirls, Guilty Poop Smear, Samurai Snoredown, and my personal favorite: Virtually No One Playing Fighter!

and we already have Pac-man as a Namco rep (my memory on Capcom/Namco history isn't great, so my wording may be wrong), but isn't having Ryu too pushing it too much especially when Capcom already has Megaman, who they have neglected for a long time as of late?
Ryu's Capcom, bro.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
:4lucina: is flat as a board. No assets on each end. Even :4myfriends: is more well-endowed.

Ironically, the same can be said for her character. :4wario2:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
He just doesn't belong in a Smash game. He's surely well known in the SF games and the "vs. Capcom" and w/e, and we already have Pac-man as a Namco rep (my memory on Capcom/Namco history isn't great, so my wording may be wrong), but isn't having Ryu too pushing it too much especially when Capcom already has Megaman, who they have neglected for a long time as of late? Like I said, it took me a while to get used to Pac-man, but I will not get used to this guy til like a year blows over. Next thing you know, we'll have another absurd character around.
Plus isn't Smash supposed to be about NINTENDO characters beating each other up? I can understand Sonic due to recent Nintendo support when it came to some of his games on their systems and him being massively requested back in the Brawl days, Snake in Brawl... I don't knowledge about this one so I'll skip it. Then we had Pac-Man in Smash 4 because Namco helping out with the game, though I still don't approve of him being in but I sucked it up and accepted it. But Ryu... aside from the very, very few games he's been in on Nintendo, has he done anything significantly for Nintendo?

Like I said, sorry for being paranoid. Aside from absurd character wants/choices all over the world that I had to deal with and all the leak/rumor talk even after Smash was released does get under my skin. I'd think we'd be passed this... but ever since DLC happened, it's gonna last a long time, and it sometimes makes me sad as well. :(
Maybe not for Nintendo specifically, but SF2 started the fighting game boom. Smash might not exist if it hadn't been for SF2.

It was also one of the SNES' biggest system sellers.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, honestly, I'm still skeptical of the situation. But right now it seems like there's a chance at least, what with three reliable sources. That's the only real reason why I think it's worth discussing. If this came from some random dude, I'd probably laugh it off.

Though c'mon I'm not acting that crazy. It's mostly joking on my end. If I wanted to completely "geek out" or whatever, I would mentioned Viewtiful Joe or something.

That only really says they won't go too overboard with the characters they add. Not that there can't be one more from a certain company. Still, I think it's best for everyone to remain reasonably skeptical of the situation.
Don't get me wrong, I would gladly pay for any DLC character, I just won't use some.
Hell I wouldn't even use the Autobot from The Transformers I named my account after if he were added.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Twewy

Smash Lord
Booty ballistics. Never heard that one before. Glad I did, and it really fits Solid Snake.
I try, I really do. Humor is all I'm good at ;_;

Keep lying to yourself. :smirk:

:4falcon: and :4wario2: have better/bigger booties than that clone of Big b0ss.
Funnily enough the only time their but-nothing butts are focused on is Smash. Metal Gear is the story of tramuatized asses sneaking through enemy ass territory and fighting against asses manipulated by an old oragnization composed of literal assholes. They repped Snake well in Brawl.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I can understand that point of view. Ryu's been on Nintendo systems. And he's an iconic game figure on the whole. But he's not as closely related to Nintendo like Mega Man is. If by some magical chance Capcom did get another character, Ryu wouldn't be my first choice either. I'm just about done with the topic. Whatever happens, happens. Let's see if these sources will remain as reliable as they once were.

That said, for Pac-Man. Even if Namco wasn't helping out, he's still an incredibly iconic character. I feel like he's the perfect kind of choice, along with Mega Man and Sonic. So I can't agree with you on his perspective.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
His Awakening design is just a flashy version of the Awakening mercs + a cape that isn't even on his back.

It didn't help that the only DLC character who had a semi-unique model was :4marth:
My ****, thats Roy?
Keep lying to yourself. :smirk:

:4falcon: and :4wario2: have better/bigger booties than that clone of Big b0ss.
Falcon Booty...and Bulge forver

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

I get the doesn't belong stuff (because the different playstyle).
I think Ryu is the "limit of 3rd party characters", for example, I wasn't open for Pac-Man either but I change my mind because now we have 4 big gaming icons on this game
*cue Princes of the Universe by Queen*
Smash has evolved from a clash of Nintendo characters to a museum of gaming history but still is mostly Nintendo + guests of course, and Ryu fits in that sense because he's an icon of fighting games, same with Simon Belmont; they're the only third party characters I would tolerate and they are clearly more deserving to get a spot in the game than Bayonetta, Banjo, Shovel Knight, etc. because they represent history in gaming and that doesn't sound absurd at all.

Inb5 more opinion wars
Inb358 my english falied again

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Changed my avatar for the first time ever on this website and its truly the best ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also I think I may have my secondaries set in stone (at least until Lucas/other DLC comes in and I test him out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom