• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I bet people would not make this "storm in a glass of water" if the one character referenced in the files is Tails, Bayonetta or Shovel Knight instead.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh, please.

If anyone had brought up the idea of a second character from a third-party company, they would've been laughed at until now.
For the main roster, pretty much. For DLC, can't say for sure.

I personally never really discounted the possibility and slightly wanted it to happen (being a supporter of Eggman and all).

:231:

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Roy isn't needed with Lucina, they said.

Roy will never return, they said.

@ Mythra Mythra Now that's 3 Fire Emblem characters with bigger boobs than Lucina. :troll:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It IS a blatant fake. Third party companies don't deserve multiple representatives.

Or are you talking about the Sailor Jupiter thing I posted last night?
And Sakurai SAID 3rd party companies would only get 1 Representative
The leak is most likely true at this point. Two separate and independent sources has confirmed it (and TCRF is a reputable source.) Ryu may not deserve it, but he's in.

you know, besides the fact Sakurai himself said All 3rd parties would not get more then 1 rep

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
What's this about Ryu? Is pound cake involved? :p

Also, my internet is down, so I can't do jack about testing, homework, and anything internet-related. Yay...

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Roy isn't needed with Lucina, they said.

Roy will never return, they said.

@ Mythra Mythra Now that's 3 Fire Emblem characters with bigger boobs than Lucina. :troll:
Man, even male Robin is less flat than her :troll:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I don't see why two Capcom characters matters. It's probably easier adding another Capcom rep than someone from a different dev.

Anyway, Ryu is a gaming icon and a pop culture figure. He's on the same level as Snake.

I'm remaining somewhat skeptical. Could be leftover data from who knows where.

Roy is a weirder addition than Ryu IMO.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm not saying we call the shots at all, that's completely irrelevant.

Sakurai made clear his stance on adding in third party characters, and this looking plausible? We've already seen fake such as Artsy Omni's Rayman leak, Gematsu, and the Paper Mario Thousand Year Door leak that looked legit but were eventually proven fake. This whole thing could be a conspiracy, and it probably is.

Because third party companies only get one character, and Capcom already has their one character.
I don't particularly believe it either. There's a decent chance it's fake. Or that Ryu and FE Roy might have been considered and then dropped or whatever. But you shouldn't act like it's an impossibility either.

1. It does come from 3 fairly reliable sources, so it might be more than just hot air.

2. There's no actual rule that states a company can only have a single third party character. Only that third parties need to be iconic and have at least one Nintendo title. Ryu from Street Fighter has been on plenty and he's one of Capcom's flagship heroes, like Mega Man. That's just something the fans make up.

Dr. Eggman and Nightmare/Yoshimitsu.
Monica. :denzel:

Soul.

Again, Guile theme for Smash.
The regular 3DS isn't powerful enough to run OS features (like suspending to the menu, Internet Browser, pedometer, and Miiverse.) It's a decisions Nintendo has made not to sell those, even though some were ambassador titles (without suspend functionality.) Sorry.
I thought they could use an in-game menu much like the NES titles on 3DS on the touch screen. Then you press HOME and close the software.
Too bad it won't happen.

D

Deleted member

I don't see why two Capcom characters matters. It's probably easier adding another Capcom rep than someone from a different dev.

Anyway, Ryu is a gaming icon and a pop culture figure. He's on the same level as Snake.

Anyway, I'm remaining somewhat skeptical. Could be leftover data from who knows where.

Because :4lucina: exists, right? I find him (Roy) redundant, honestly. Not sure what to think of Ryu but we'll see what happens.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Anyway, I'm remaining somewhat skeptical. Could be leftover data from who knows where.

This, even Roy looks less plausible... unless they revamped his moveset to make him a different fighter than Marth and Lucina (probably in the same way they made Wolf different than Fox and Falco)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

you know, besides the fact Sakurai himself said All 3rd parties would not get more then 1 rep
I don't remember him saying that. All 3rd party support would have been dead if that were true.

Besides, he has a proven track record of changing his mind later on. :p

D

Deleted member

When exactly?
Besides, I would take anything Sakurai says with a grain of salt. This man said that DLC wasn't in the cards beyond Mewtwo, and now we're getting at the very least 3 DLC characters.

Soul.

wait what if Street Laughter's fighter wasn't confirmed and instead Phoenix Wright was in.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'd honestly like to keep the 3rd Party Partners as close to the Main Rep's Series as Possible
Mega Man and Ryu make sense, they were in a few games together (Which are conveniently Fighting Games, plus Mega Man's UTilt)
PAC-MAN should (In my opinion) have Orson (His partner in crime from PAC-MAN World 3) piloting TOC-MAN to give some representing the PAC-MAN World series (it's gud)
Sonic & Knuckles makes sense since Knuckles is a fighter, plus we get to make the jokes and Project M has to scrap their hard work again RIP Advance Wars chick

Twewy

Smash Lord
Sakurai also said that Mewtwo was going to be the only DLC, keep that in mind.

Lyoyd Irving? Better off with Phoenix Wright or BB hoodie.
Lloyd's not Capcom.

Is that guy even significant to the Tales franchise? Did he appear in more than one game? Oh. :troll:

Meh, whatever works.
Isn't Lloyd one of the most popular Tales heroes behind Yuri? I don't follow the series too much, but I know he's appeared at least four times.

Metal Gear's big, but it sure as hell isn't Street Fighter big.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
2. There's no actual rule that states a company can only have a single third party character.
"I'm really sorry," he said through a translator. "If I were to answer that question, I'd get in a lot of trouble in a lot of different ways, so I can't answer. But I think I can say generally that there won't be a trend of adding a lot of third-party characters. You can sort of think of Mega Man as being the special case."

Im sure Sakurai said that

But whatever, who am I to tell you want to believe and what not to believe

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I don't particularly believe it either. There's a decent chance it's fake. Or that Ryu and FE Roy might have been considered and then dropped or whatever. But you shouldn't act like it's an impossibility either.

1. It does come from 3 fairly reliable sources, so it might be more than just hot air.

2. There's no actual rule that states a company can only have a single third party character. Only that third parties need to be iconic and have at least one Nintendo title. Ryu from Street Fighter has been on plenty and he's one of Capcom's flagship heroes, like Mega Man. That's just something the fans make up.

Monica. :denzel:
You know, you're starting to sound like me from when I first came to SmashBoards. I dunno if you knew me from THAT back in time, but still.

R0Y

Smash Master
Again, Guile theme for Smash.

I thought they could use an in-game menu much like the NES titles on 3DS on the touch screen. Then you press HOME and close the software.
Too bad it won't happen.
Nah, SNES is a lot more powerful than the NES or GB, which makes it tricky for Nintendo to emulate it the way they want.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Because third party companies only get one character, and Capcom already has their one character.
There is nothing that proves this. Each third party involved with Nintendo has only had one character that was a good fit for Smash Bros.; their mascot. That's why there's one of each, not because they "can't" have a second character.
This is almost as bad as people who thought Ike would be cut for Chrom because Roy was cut while Ike got in Brawl, "establishing" Fire Emblem can only have two characters.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I remember that Sakurai said some years ago that Smash would not get DLC, but he changed his mind
So is plausible that he changed his mind too about the "no more than 1 rep per third party" stuff.

Inb4 opinion war

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Meh whatever happens will happen. I don't care much for Roy or Ryu. Same with Mewtwo and Lucas. Guess I'm still gonna wait. :4yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Isn't Lloyd one of the most popular Tales heroes behind Yuri? I don't follow the series too much, but I know he's appeared at least four times.
Hmm... I don't know, man. I don't follow that franchise either (and RPGs in general).

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
True, but I don't think he's very caught up on these types of things either.
I bet that'd totally be something Sakurai would do. I mean, he could be aware of the data mining, so he could lead peoplentowards the wrong character.

I believe of the files' existance, but it doesn't mean these characters are confirmed. Anything is possible with Mashpotato Slapurai, after all. :)

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
If the "leak" ends up being true, I'll be pissed because it's not Cammy and her glorious a-
[comment deleted]

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Because :4lucina: exists, right? I find him (Roy) redundant, honestly. Not sure what to think of Ryu but we'll see what happens.
Unless Roy is brought back as a smaller, quicker, weaker Ike, or with a new moveset, he is absolutely redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom