• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Lucas, Roy and Ryu are lurking about Smash 3DS' data
The wait for Mewtwo rages on
Miiverse is losing their ****
Among others.
I meant something else. I knew that since morning. Honestly I can believe Roy, but Ryu not.
It IS a blatant fake. Third party companies don't deserve multiple representatives.
For once, Cliff is right.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You're not the one to call those shots though, are you? Just because it's another third party doesn't mean it's not plausible, especially now that we've got more than one source saying that those Ryu sound files are indeed in the game.
It's not just about Third Party we're talking about. This is a character from a third party company that already has a representative. We're all sure that's guaranteed to not happen.

R0Y

Smash Master
I tried calling. Whenever I reached an option on the menu relating to my problem, I just get a "LOL, look at our website!" with zero option to speak to a real person.
Oh man....they might have changed it this year. I actually checked the website just now and it seems much harder to find the phone number than it was last year too. I only had to press "GIVE ME A REAL PERSON DAMNIT" 2 or 3 times and then a cute-sounding girl fixed my issue.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh man....they might have changed it this year. I actually checked the website just now and it seems much harder to find the phone number than it was last year too. I only had to press "GIVE ME A REAL PERSON DAMNIT" 2 or 3 times and then a cute-sounding girl fixed my issue.
The phone did say they're experience severe call traffic volumes (most likely others with Mewtwo problems too). I think the traffic is to blame as the menus usually don't just give me a "go online" message because I never experience it until today.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It IS a blatant fake. Third party companies don't deserve multiple representatives.

Or are you talking about the Sailor Jupiter thing I posted last night?
The leak is most likely true at this point. Two separate and independent sources has confirmed it (and TCRF is a reputable source.) Ryu may not deserve it, but he's in.

:231:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I still believe in Ryu even if others try to shove me the words "IS FAKE" down my throat

D

Deleted member

It's not just about Third Party we're talking about. This is a character from a third party company that already has a representative. We're all sure that's guaranteed to not happen.
Except we're not sure. Nintendo has proven time and time again that we know nothing when it comes to Smash (:4wiifit:, :4duckhunt:), and we're not the ones to call the shots, they are. Just play it by ear and don't completely write this off, since so far it looks pretty plausible.

R0Y

Smash Master
Explain why BlargSNES works with the 3DS. I was able to go on Miiverse with the software still going. Also, what meltdown on Miiverse?
That's easy to explain!

You're talking about homebrew.

Nintendo's software has never done that on the 3DS. There's only been those Ambassador games and they haven't let you do that. I'm not saying it's impossible per se, but that it's impossible with Nintendo's excellent emulation software. Hell, the GBA games aren't even emulated, they're running on the 3DS directly, which is why GBA on 3DS VC is even more unlikely, since Nintendo obviously wants main menu functionality.

It's just not feasible, regardless of a homebrew app that can do it, Nintendo's VC with tailored emulators, save states, and other secret sauce can't. I don't like to talk about homebrew anyways.

Edit: I should add, that app may have saves states too, I dunno, but yeah, not happening.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
If Artsy Omni and Gematsu taught me something, is that I'm not believing in anything until Nintendo confirms it or there is recorded proof like with :4bowserjr: and :4shulk:.
"For Once?" I actually supported Duck Hunt before he was leaked, you know.
Touché.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Three different and reputable sources have found the exact same files on the 3DS version. By this point, it seems too elaborate to be a hoax.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Three different and reputable sources have found the exact same files on the 3DS version. By this point, it seems too elaborate to be a hoax.
One is the Cutting Room Floor, who are the other two?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Evil Ryu use to be my main in Super Smash Bros. Crusade before the current demo.

After playing him (and Ryu & Chun-Li) in said game, I do have an idea how Ryu will play in Smash if it does happen.
He'll probably play much better in a legit smash.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It'd be even funnier if somehow, someway it's actually the Ryu from Breath of Fire.

Not sure if I believe it myself, but I'm not entirely against the idea. Mega Man and Ryu teaming up again, man. It's just smart to be reasonable skeptical, and keep an open mind as well. That said, I can't bring myself to even begin to care for FE Roy. I don't hate him. But he feels sort of redundant after Marth, and the already fairly redundant Lucina.

C A P C O M B O Y S ?

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The leak is most likely true at this point. Two separate and independent sources has confirmed it (and TCRF is a reputable source.) Ryu may not deserve it, but he's in.

Definitely true that he doesn't deserve it. Pac-Man was enough to me, but if they're gonna bring more of those characters into this game, then that's a definite disappointment. Sigh, but if this Ryu does make it, I'll personally make him one of my new punching bags to express my hatred. Sorry if my mood comes off as a bit paranoid.

EDIT: And I do specifically mean the SF Ryu. I don't know any other ones.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It'd be even funnier if somehow, someway it's actually the Ryu from Breath of Fire.

Not sure if I believe it myself, but I'm not entirely against the idea. Mega Man and Ryu teaming up again, man. It's just smart to be reasonable skeptical, and keep an open mind as well. That said, I can't bring myself to even being to care for FE Roy. I don't hate him. But he feels sort of redundant after Marth, and the already fairly redundant Lucina.

C A P C O M B O Y S ?
Perfect trolling attempt by Capcom confirmed.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Definitely true that he doesn't deserve it. Pac-Man was enough to me, but if they're gonna bring more of those characters into this game, then that's a definite disappointment. Sigh, but if this Ryu does make it, I'll personally make him one of my new punching bags to express my hatred. Sorry if my mood comes off as a bit paranoid.

EDIT: And I do specifically mean the SF Ryu. I don't know any other ones.
And why he doesn't deserve it?
Without counting the "Is a third party character" stuff

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Capcom should put Morrigan too to continue with the increase of fanservice :troll:

Twewy

Smash Lord
Mew2King better look out, with Ryu coming you can bet a certain champ will follow right along...

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Except we're not sure. Nintendo has proven time and time again that we know nothing when it comes to Smash (:4wiifit:, :4duckhunt:), and we're not the ones to call the shots, they are. Just play it by ear and don't completely write this off, since so far it looks pretty plausible.
I'm not saying we call the shots at all, that's completely irrelevant.

Sakurai made clear his stance on adding in third party characters, and this looking plausible? We've already seen fake such as Artsy Omni's Rayman leak, Gematsu, and the Paper Mario Thousand Year Door leak that looked legit but were eventually proven fake. This whole thing could be a conspiracy, and it probably is.

And why he doesn't deserve it?
Without counting the "Is a third party character" stuff
Because third party companies only get one character, and Capcom already has their one character.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Two Capcom characters?
Mega Man and Ryu
Sonic and ?
Pac-Man and ?
Who should the other two be?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
ULTIMATE NINTENDO VS. CAPCOM 3
IMGONNATAKEYOUFORARIDE
I don't need it. I don't need it. I don't need it. I don't need it. I don't need it. I don't need...it. I don't....need...it. I....Don't....Need...It.

I NEEEEEEEEEED IT!

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord

Sakurai made clear his stance on adding in third party characters, and this looking plausible? We've already seen fake such as Artsy Omni's Rayman leak, Gematsu, and the Paper Mario Thousand Year Door leak that looked legit but were eventually proven fake. This whole thing could be a conspiracy, and it probably is.

Because third party companies only get one character, and Capcom already has their one character.
Guys, The Forbidden Eight aren't in Brawl, it's just some conspiracy made by a website that is literally devoted to digging through unused content in games and is known for not BSing.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Who's the third?

That one indeed.

@PushDustIn trusts the guy and apparently has provided him with previous data dumps.

This is legit.

Yeah, let's ignore that THREE reliable sources have hacked the game and found the files. :rolleyes:

So what if Capcom has a new character?

Patterns have been broken before and this game is no different. Predicting Smash characters has become futile at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom