• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Yes, they still do. On Twitter. On Reddit. Even here.
The "pro-customs" community is always like "#adapt" but no-custom players don't want to use them, so yeah the Smash 3DS/Wii U community is ****ed up.
This has to be some sort of small or insignificant issue you're talking about. I mean, I've never heard of any no-customs tourney at all, except during the early stages when not everyone had customs unlocked so that was understandable. Then again, I don't really follow Smash Bros. talk on twitter or on reddit(anymore), so idk. You sure this isn't just some vocal minority that's part of the no-custom group?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just saw the Nintendo Direct Micro. Very nice stuff! So how does Bill Trinen getting fired make him tiny and still do Nintendo employee stuff?

And I also just pre-purchased Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure! Can't wait!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So hatred LOOKS a lot better than I thought it would...

But according to reviewers the controls are HORRIBLE almost to the point it's unplayable

It looks like some kind of modern day shooter diablo...Being top down and all. I dunno, probably a better comparison out there.

I never planned on getting it anyway

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well guys! I have to go to bed! Curse me for being a Swiss and so have to go to bed because it's late here! (And have a strict mother too....and school...) But you can always post me you're opinion @TJ-Works and maybe Luggy on my character (She is called Cendorium by the way)! I will just wait tomorrow for see you're message! Good night to you and everybody!:4pikachu:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Just saw the Nintendo Direct Micro. Very nice stuff! So how does Bill Trinen getting fired make him tiny and still do Nintendo employee stuff?

And I also just pre-purchased Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure! Can't wait!
Wait Bill was actually fired?

Soul.

This has to be some sort of small or insignificant issue you're talking about. I mean, I've never heard of any no-customs tourney at all, except during the early stages when not everyone had customs unlocked so that was understandable. Then again, I don't really follow Smash Bros. talk on twitter or on reddit(anymore), so idk. You sure this isn't just some vocal minority that's part of the no-custom group?
the issue is actually a big problem, tbh---customs need to be tested more, not in a tournament like EVO. the 3DS transfer helps but they were implemented so poorly.
"no customs" tournaments are a thing. there isn't a vocal minority. if anything the competitive scene as a whole is the minority

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
the issue is actually a big problem, tbh---customs need to be tested more, not in a tournament like EVO. the 3DS transfer helps but they were implemented so poorly.
"no customs" tournaments are a thing. there isn't a vocal minority. if anything the competitive scene as a whole is the minority
Obviously I was talking about the vocal minority within the competitive scene. And I'm sure tournaments with customs are larger in number than tournaments without them, right?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
While all of you are talking about how the Smash community is horrible, I'm laughing super hard at this :
The flying baby Vegeta is the funniest part about it. Brought me to tears after laughing so much at it.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
The Smash 4 competitive community needs to shut the **** up and play the game.

./discussion

Last edited:

Soul.

Obviously I was talking about the vocal minority within the competitive scene. And I'm sure tournaments with customs are larger in number than tournaments without them, right?
They became more or less the norm after people contributed to the Custom Moveset Project. Because everyone is using them now, no customs is less common.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So hatred LOOKS a lot better than I thought it would...

But according to reviewers the controls are HORRIBLE almost to the point it's unplayable

It looks like some kind of modern day shooter diablo...Being top down and all. I dunno, probably a better comparison out there.

I never planned on getting it anyway
I think it's supposed to be like that game Postal.

I can'st say I really care for Hatred as a game. But I do like everyone's getting really salty about it. I thought we'd be done with this crap by the 90's. It's been long established that games aren't just for kids. They can have mature or violent themes to them. Of course that doesn't make the game automatically good, but it's not garbage or "evil" because of it either.

It still has the most annoyingly "Edgiest" lead character ever though.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I can'st say I really care for Hatred as a game. But I do like everyone's getting really salty about it. I thought we'd be done with this crap by the 90's. It's been long established that games aren't just for kids. They can have mature or violent themes to them. Of course that doesn't make the game automatically good, but it's not garbage or "evil" because of it either.

The problem is

Parents these days don't seem to be able to say no to their kids

And even the parents who CAN are ignorant on what games their kids buy

So, instead of educating themselves (Do you know how many jobs exist because people remain willfully ignorant?) or actually controlling what games their kids are bought - They would rather the games just not exist so they don't have to make decisions

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
While all of you are talking about how the Smash community is horrible, I'm laughing super hard at this :
The flying baby Vegeta is the funniest part about it. Brought me to tears after laughing so much at it.
*Sees 1:30*
^ Do I actually need to put this in spoilers?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The problem is

Parents these days don't seem to be able to say no to their kids

And even the parents who CAN are ignorant on what games their kids buy

So, instead of educating themselves (Do you know how many jobs exist because people remain willfully ignorant?) or actually controlling what games their kids are bought - They would rather the games just not exist so they don't have to make decisions
More or less. These parents would keep complaining that their kids keep buying GTA games, but honestly, who's the one's buying them? Because if your kid isn't saving up a good bit of allowance, it's likely that they're getting them the games. So just don't buy any games you think are too violent for 9 year old Billy. It's rated M for Mature for a damn good reason. Because, yes, grown men and women play games, and just like TV, certain things cater to a certain audience.

That said, Video games don't turn your children into monsters. And some parents keep their kids in line when they need to. Or they trust them to know the difference from real life and games.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
More or less. These parents would keep complaining that their kids keep buying GTA games, but honestly, who's the one's buying them? Because if your kid isn't saving up a good bit of allowance, it's likely that they're getting them the games. So just don't buy any games you think are too violent for 9 year old Billy. It's rated M for Mature for a damn good reason. Because, yes, grown men and women play games, and just like TV, certain things cater to a certain audience.

That said, Video games don't turn your children into monsters. And some parents keep their kids in line when they need to. Or they trust them to know the difference from real life and games.
I'm sure some people don't care

But employees can get in big trouble for selling mature games to kids

So yeah, its these parents buying violent video games for kids and complaining how video games are too violent

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Except that, Hatred is just violent. And violence does not automatically make a game mature. Because Hatred is quite the opposite of that. It's a horrible attempt at being way too edgy. And I like edgy, sometimes. But not Hatred.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
According to reviews, it really isn't THAT violent

Sure, you kill people...But it isn't really in a very graphic way.

They were relying on initial shock value to rile people up and create popularity

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Except that, Hatred is just violent. And violence does not automatically make a game mature. Because Hatred is quite the opposite of that. It's a horrible attempt at being way too edgy. And I like edgy, sometimes. But not Hatred.
I still dont see why people like that game seeing how it is all about killing for fun

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I can't ever see myself playing Hatred since Im the type of guy who apologizes when he runs over pedestrians in GTA.

Which, as I previously said, is the reason I like Saints Row IV so much,

Five Nights at the chum buckets

LOL
It's actually a great game.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Ugh we're talking about ZeRo now? Guy needs to shut the **** up for once with his whining. His attitude reminds me of my ex fiancee when he whines and moans until he gets what he wants. So childish

I'd the the one competitive Smasher who shows up to every tournament flashing his woody to the audience.

...then get disqualified for a big misunderstanding.

Soul.

Imagine being in the world of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon or something.
Ugh we're talking about ZeRo now? Guy needs to shut the **** up for once with his whining. His attitude reminds me of my ex fiancee when he whines and moans until he gets what he wants. So childish

I know right, he wins tourneys and still complains.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I have these, and was EXTREMELY disappointed there is no squidward one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom