• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Twitter has become Popcorn Central whenever I see people arguing about customs or no customs.
Don't know why the quotation marks.

I won't accept an operating system that's primarily designed for phones. When you mesh that together with the word "Nintendo", it doesn't work. I don't want Google ******** on my Nintendo system. It might even track your location. Do you want that? Of course not. It'd be a dumb move, if it comes to fruition. I already own a test phone running that operating system. I don't need another one.

As long as it's a fork that complies with what I want, then good.
never said i wanted a Nintendo platform with android. I hate android too you know.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Meanwhile, on this side of the boards, 45 degrees Fahrenheit out here. (7.2 Degrees Celsius)
Happy June everybody.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It has been like this for any modern fighting game, but Smash 4 takes the cake at that. Why ? Kiddy community of course.
And it doesn't help that people like ZeRo keeps promoting this way of thinking.

ZeRo is kinda like Kars in JoJo : only focused on one objective, loved by his minions even if in the end he treats them like crap, and will do anything to win, even if the way to obtain the victory is disgusting.

Where's Wammu when you need him.
I think one of my character in my show will say this to Zero:
Sulesse: Hey man, maybe you should learn the game before complaining. You know? Like everyone else? I mean in our world, i am one of the weakest character in the series (even tough i don't like admit that...). And there is person who have like power of God, Can transform to anything, Regeneration, Lazer. Etc... And even tough i don't like being bottom. I'm still training for getting better! Like i have do 30000 kilometer yesterday with my camarad and even tough i am a robot (I know it's weird..). I was completely dead! (not dead DEAD of course) But it make me better! So please, stop complaining and try to be gud. 'K? In our world we're not waiting patch because it's really life here! (I think....).

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Twitter has become Popcorn Central whenever I see people arguing about customs or no customs.
LOL people still argue about this?! I thought it's been well accepted by now that customs are the way to go always...since before the game even released.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
LOL people still argue about this?! I thought it's been well accepted by now that customs are the way to go always...since before the game even released.
Actually, going back and reading some old threads from before the game's release, there are a LOT of people who said things that are very... Well, interesting, considering what ended up being true.

Hindsight REALLY is 20/20

There were a TON of people that were 100% sure that customs and Miis would be banned.
Meanwhile, in the present...

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
If you wanna be better at drawing, you should start learning the basics more. And, if you wanna be better at it, start by having a simple art style. Take Nichijou for example, it has a really simplistic art style.
I ain't an artist. Heck, I don't even know how to draw hands correctly, wich is why I never make them on storyboards. But I know how to at least give some tips.

You should try more positions in your concept arts. If you wanna see a simple example, take a look at those concept arts for the Nichijou anime :

It's simple, with really basic positions, from the back to the front, with a close-up and all the good stuff any artist should train for.

So anyway, keep training yourself. You're on the right way. Just keep doing more concept arts and other drawings to train yourself. That's all I really have to say, maybe @ TJ-Works TJ-Works has more to add.

Good luck my friend.
@ Metal Shop X Metal Shop X As Luggy said, if you want to become a better character artist, you really need to get basic human anatomy down. I don't wanna make you feel like I'm bringing you down, but it's a necessary foundation. No matter what art style you want to do, any character artist has to go through learning the rules and foundations of human anatomy until they learn a chunk of it by memory. Then they can start breaking the rules, as they now develop a good artistic eye to how they want to stylise the characters, but still perceive when and how to edit mistakes or tweak designs.

If you want to improve your skills, try figure drawing. Either search up stock photos of human poses, or use this site. For some reason the site's down atm, but it's designed to be a free online figure drawing class for you to practice sketching humans of all shapes and forms. I use it for warm-up exercises.

If you want a better understanding of character anatomy, maybe invest in a book. This book in particular is a good choice for budding artists.

upload_2015-6-1_20-8-13.jpeg

I hope I was able to help.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
>Competitive Smash Community talk

Call me once we change into a more pleasant subject.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Actually, going back and reading some old threads from before the game's release, there are a LOT of people who said things that are very... Well, interesting, considering what ended up being true.

Hindsight REALLY is 20/20

There were a TON of people that were 100% sure that customs and Miis would be banned.
Meanwhile, in the present...
Oh yeah, that's true. Thankfully the anti-custom sentiments didn't really live long enough and soon died off. Most of those dumb predictions are probably at around the same day or day after customs were revealed by Nintendo to be a thing, so flawed hindsight is to be expected.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I don't really care for customs
While they benefit some and barely matter for others, I accept them
Can't wait to see them crash and burn at EVO though

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Oh yeah, that's true. Thankfully the anti-custom sentiments didn't really live long enough and soon died off. Most of those dumb predictions are probably at around the same day or day after customs were revealed by Nintendo to be a thing, so flawed hindsight is to be expected.
I mean, yeah, at the time(s), we really wouldn't have known enough to say, but it can still be funny to read old posts.

I remember seeing a post from July 2013 saying something along the lines of, "Sakurai is gonna troll us all."
If only they knew.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I mean, yeah, at the time(s), we really wouldn't have known enough to say, but it can still be funny to read old posts.

I remember seeing a post from July 2013 saying something along the lines of, "Sakurai is gonna troll us all."
If only they knew.
Oh yeah, totally. It's not even exclusive to this site either. I remember an actual news sites(though not one of the big ones) reporting that Smash 4 would have a new mechanic where two characters can backflip together...all this based on a pic of the day that simply showed WFT and Mario jumping backwards very closely.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'd the the one competitive Smasher who shows up to every tournament flashing his woody to the audience.

...then get disqualified for a big misunderstanding.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
@ Metal Shop X Metal Shop X As Luggy said, if you want to become a better character artist, you really need to get basic human anatomy down. I don't wanna make you feel like I'm bringing you down, but it's a necessary foundation. No matter what art style you want to do, any character artist has to go through learning the rules and foundations of human anatomy until they learn a chunk of it by memory. Then they can start breaking the rules, as they now develop a good artistic eye to how they want to stylise the characters, but still perceive when and how to edit mistakes or tweak designs.

If you want to improve your skills, try figure drawing. Either search up stock photos of human poses, or use this site. For some reason the site's down atm, but it's designed to be a free online figure drawing class for you to practice sketching humans of all shapes and forms. I use it for warm-up exercises.

If you want a better understanding of character anatomy, maybe invest in a book. This book in particular is a good choice for budding artists.

View attachment 54427

I hope I was able to help.
Thanks for helping, a thing that my sister say, who is really good at draw is she say that is was getting really better in proportions. Again it's not amazing but it's really better that at my begin! And i demanded a lot of people for helping me and i use a lot of character for helping when i do a draw. Like the character you saw. I really try to be the best i can when i do a draw. So when the result is considered bad for me. Hop, i retry or i stop for another time. But still thanks for supporting me and i'm very aware of what you say! Thanks for supporting!:4pacman:

Ps: By the way, you and Luggy have not actually commented the character itself, like how she look. It's really that bad or you just have nothing to say about it? That would help me to know what to do for making her design better.:4megaman:

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Thanks for helping, a thing that my sister say, who is really good at draw is she say that is was getting really better in proportions. Again it's not amazing but it's really better that at my begin! And i demanded a lot of people for helping me and i use a lot of character for helping when i do a draw. Like the character you saw. I really try to be the best i can when i do a draw. So when the result is considered bad for me. Hop, i retry or i stop for another time. But still thanks for supporting me and i'm very aware of what you say! Thanks for supporting!:4pacman:

Ps: By the way, you and Luggy have not actually commenteted the character itself, like how she look. It's really that bad or you just have nothing to say about it? That would help me to know what to do for making her design better.:4megaman:
Sorry, should've talked about your character as well.

It'd give us a better idea of the character if we saw her full body design, as we see only her top half closely, along with other tidbits. I'm not sure what the hand glove in the top right is meant to be, or her different facial expressions. Is she a villain? Does she have a split personality disorder?

I like the design of her hair, with the way it curves out at several hair ends as you look down. Her dress design looks interesting, although I'm not sure where the inspiration comes from.

If you could draw her full character design, and maybe organise the design aspects so I can understand what each design is supposed to signify, it would be good start. :)

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Your a bit late to say that
I was reiterating the point present in the question to magnify the inherent curiosity that question brang, yet has remained tragically unanswered, I was trying to demand my release from this intellectual ignorance of the meaning of whether Gamergate counts as a pleasant subject or not, but by use of tautologies continued off of another person I was able to magnify the question

Yeah I was late, didn't notice whoops.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I was reiterating the point present in the question to magnify the inherent curiosity that question brang, yet has remained tragically unanswered, I was trying to demand my release from this intellectual ignorance of the meaning of whether Gamergate counts as a pleasant subject or not, but by use of tautologies continued off of another person I was able to magnify the question

Yeah I was late, didn't notice whoops.
@ Kirbyfan391 Kirbyfan391 's face right now :

PuhBuhGu tries to justify his lateness and succesfully fails at it.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Words cant explain how close I am to reporting people for trying to trigger me to get me mad

So Keep trying, It will happen soon enough
Is it okay if I add SpongeBob jokes? :4charizard:

Edit: This was a playful response. I didn't think it was truly affecting you.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sorry, should've talked about your character as well.

It'd give us a better idea of the character if we saw her full body design, as we see only her top half closely, along with other tidbits. I'm not sure what the hand glove in the top right is meant to be, or her different facial expressions. Is she a villain? Does she have a split personality disorder?

I like the design of her hair, with the way it curves out at several hair ends as you look down. Her dress design looks interesting, although I'm not sure where the inspiration comes from.
If you could draw her full character design, and maybe organise the design aspects so I can understand what each design is supposed to signify, it would be good start. :)
OK! She is a vilain (I mean everyone with a smile like that would be considered as a vilain, right?:4duckhunt:) and she as some little (by little i mean BIG) problem of personality. So i tried to show some of her expression. Also i know that not see the full body will be a problem, so i show the rest of the body in other way (like the chibi version of her in the right.) Also the inspiration come form the Will of Abyss from Pandora Hearts (and if you search on Google, you will see that i'm not really that original:4metaknight:). And some thing like the dark "edgy" version of the the hand for exemple is like her second skin, and the dark eye is when she is begin to be mad or when she want (Because she can basicelly be anything: a human, a monster. ANYTHING). For reflect her apparence. That's all the information i have! I would try also to do the full body! Thanks for help!:4pacman:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

This is a thing

It's a box full of just burnt cheez its

Apparently it was the most requested flavor for the past 10 years

Really? Am I the only one that didn't notice a flavor difference between the burnt cheeze its and the regular ones?

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283

This is a thing

Really? Am I the only one that didn't notice a flavor difference between the burnt cheeze its and the regular ones?
Cheez-Its always remind me of Markiplier.

Last edited:

Soul.

Yes, they still do. On Twitter. On Reddit. Even here.
The "pro-customs" community is always like "#adapt" but no-custom players don't want to use them, so yeah the Smash 3DS/Wii U community is ****ed up.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

This is a thing

I ate some burnt cheez it once, That actually weren't all that bad and I normally hate burnt stuff

The taste is hard to describe but I like it

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I bought a box of them

So I'll see what all the hype (That I've never heard of...) is about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom