• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I reserved Windows 10 on all my Computers...

Reminder: Buy some extra RAM

D

Deleted member

I reserved Windows 10 on all my Computers...

Reminder: Buy some extra RAM
You did? Did a "Get Windows 10" window appear in your desktop by clicking on the little Windows 8 icon at the right side of the taskbar? Good. :smirk:

Geek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeektheMeek
Amiibos.
Help me understand this crave to collect them all. I don't understand.
I never really understood why either. It actually makes me angry that visually displeasing people (rarely any kids) are buying for the sake of scalping. I actually really want all the Splatoon amiibos, but you know, it's selling for over $60 on Amazon. The only other amiibo I want now is ZSS. I heard the wave got sold out in a heartbeat on release day, and had to sell each individually in a specific hour.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Can't wait to see how W10 works in a laptop with Intel Celeron and only 2GB of RAM :4wario2:

_gold_

Smash Master
I don't know what came over me, but the only Amiibo I ever truly wanted was Jigglypuff. Then I found out she was a Target exclusive
Hehe
Game over

D

Deleted member

Can't wait to see how W10 works in a laptop with Intel Celeron and only 2GB of RAM :4wario2:
I have one boasting a Haswell Core i3 and 4 GB of RAM, but that's plenty enough for me and I don't need more power.
Atom is worse.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I have one boasting a Haswell Core i3 and 4 GB of RAM, but that's plenty enough for me and I don't need more power.
Atom is worse.
Atom even struggles to run Linux :dazwa:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
No idea about windows stuff you guys are talking about but...
Samus amiibos are getting rare? I need to get one soon then...

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The event was very surpising indeed
I expected Sheamus winning the IC, Naomi getting the Divas one, and Cena pulling a clutch win
Very same minus Owens winning. That just made me go ape **** crazy seeing Cena getting pinned CLEAN.

I expected PTP to win the belts for some reason. Guess we'll see it happening soon

I expected Rollins to retain the belt, but damn that finish almost had me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Amiibos.
Help me understand this crave to collect them all. I don't understand.
Smash memorabilia.

I personally don't collect them all, mainly because Nintendo does a pitiful job at making them available, so many I've plain given up hope for (Meta Knight, Rosalina, Jigglypuff, likely Bowser Jr., any Kid Icarus amiibo, Captain Falcon, Trainer...). I just collect the ones that have had meaning to me over the years (which is still a wallet breaker :laugh: ).

They also look really good on a shelf.

But more than that, it's basically the only time most of these characters get any official merchandise. Marth and Robin, for example, basically only have their amiibos. Granted, they're really rare and I need them badly, but dammit, I want them.

So yeah, that's basically it. :p

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
Well, let's hope it's better than Windows 8 and brings a good ol' Windows 7 vibe!
I highly doubt it. Microsoft is pushing for the new design which is featured on many of their devices. Smartphones, tablets, Xbox One... going back to an old, "outdated" design wouldn't look good for them.
It's a classic example of when something ain't broken, don't fix it.

D

Deleted member

Well, let's hope it's better than Windows 8 and brings a good ol' Windows 7 vibe!
It's still in preview form and it's looking better than both 8.1 and 7 combined.

Atom even struggles to run Linux :dazwa:
Well, one of my old netbooks ran Linux Mint with no problems. Then I installed Windows XP (a more appropiate OS for a netbook) and it ran like :4sonic:. Don't get me started on 7 Starter.. no pun intended.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I don't know what came over me, but the only Amiibo I ever truly wanted was Jigglypuff. Then I found out she was a Target exclusive
Hehe
Game over
I managed to get her at a second Target and she was the last I saw. #winning

D

Deleted member

I highly doubt it. Microsoft is pushing for the new design which is featured on many of their devices. Smartphones, tablets, Xbox One... going back to an old, "outdated" design wouldn't look good for them.
It's a classic example of when something ain't broken, don't fix it.
Windows 10 does have some kind of transparency effects in both the Start menu and the taskbar. So Aero is back.. sort of?

Last edited by a moderator:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Smash memorabilia.

I personally don't collect them all, mainly because Nintendo does a pitiful job at making them available, so many I've plain given up hope for (Meta Knight, Rosalina, Jigglypuff, likely Bowser Jr., any Kid Icarus amiibo, Captain Falcon, Trainer...). I just collect the one's that have had meaning to me over the years (which is still a wallet breaker :laugh: ).

But more than that, it's basically the only time most of these characters get any official merchandise. Marth and Robin, for example, basically only have their amiibos. Granted, they're really rare and I need them badly, but dammit, I want them.

Perfectly said. Lucas amiibo hype!

_gold_

Smash Master
Smash memorabilia.

I personally don't collect them all, mainly because Nintendo does a pitiful job at making them available, so many I've plain given up hope for (Meta Knight, Rosalina, Jigglypuff, likely Bowser Jr., any Kid Icarus amiibo, Captain Falcon, Trainer...). I just collect the one's that have had meaning to me over the years (which is still a wallet breaker :laugh: ).

Makes sense.
So are these little figures more common in Japan? Or is this like a world-wide famine of Amiibos?

Soul.

Only amiibo I'd want is Pikachu, and even then I don't need amiibo figures.
Windows 10 is lol...
rip windows 7

Geek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeektheMeek
Makes sense.
So are these little figures more common in Japan? Or is this like a world-wide famine of Amiibos?
I heard it's kind of sort of only in America. I saw some of my other online friends get it easily in Australia. Like, Shulk and Meta Knight and Rosalina easily. It's pretty common in Europe for some reason, but I saw a store that had WFT Villagers and all of those goodies because people don't buy them as much there...but of course, those import prices are very costly. I kind of heard that these scalpers are getting these amiibos because of "scarcity." Sheesh.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Only amiibo figures I own are :4dk:, :4tlink:, and :4yoshi:. I would get a :4dedede: amiibo but the defects, man...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Makes sense.
Rare ones here are rare everywhere, except Ike being common in Europe apparently, which baffles me. :p

The key difference is that Japan gets more restocks. They've gotten restocks of Marth, Ike, Lucario, Meta Knight, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Falcon, and Little Mac, with Dedede, Robin and Lucina (the last of which were just released) being imminent. The US's only restock, currently, has been Marth. And that "restock" was sending like, five to a few select stores on a random day.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I only get amiibo under the right circumstances, and I will only get Amiibo of my Smash mains (With 1 or 2 exceptions)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The only pieces of intelligent plastic I plan to have are :4pikachu:or :4lucario:, :4palutena:and :4lucina:
I don't want to break my limit of 8 unless I found a extremely rare one

_gold_

Smash Master
Only amiibo I'd want is Pikachu, and even then I don't need amiibo figures.
Windows 10 is lol...
rip windows 7
I have a $4000 dollar CPU which currently is rockin' on Windows 7, and I don't plan on selling it any time soon. So no, not dead.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The only pieces of intelligent plastic I plan to have are :4pikachu:or :4lucario:, :4palutena:and :4lucina:
I don't want to break my limit of 8 unless I found a extremely rare one
I actually have 12 amiibos.
But at the same time, 6 of them were gifts, and I don't go out of my way to get them.

Soul.

I have a $4000 dollar CPU which currently is rockin' on Windows 7, and I don't plan on selling it any time soon. So no, not dead.
Windows 7 was like the best Windows, and 8 decided to **** up everything.
I don't care though

_gold_

Smash Master
My little cousin has a fairly impressive collection of Amiibos. None super rare, but still. Going through his collection, I must say Sonic and Mega Man looked the best. Great details.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Smash memorabilia.

I personally don't collect them all, mainly because Nintendo does a pitiful job at making them available, so many I've plain given up hope for (Meta Knight, Rosalina, Jigglypuff, likely Bowser Jr., any Kid Icarus amiibo, Captain Falcon, Trainer...). I just collect the ones that have had meaning to me over the years (which is still a wallet breaker :laugh: ).

I currently haven:4diddy::4fox::4sonic::4peach::4tlink:
That's it. But I want:4pikachu::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4drmario::4falco::4duckhunt:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom