• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

There are people that think he's been nerfed? I am confused as to why. . . Practically everything about him is better in Smash 4! XD
He's better on 3DS/Wii U, but there were some good things that he had in Brawl, namely a BAir that autocanceled and a less laggy pivot grab.
At least he has a ridiculous NAir that comes out at frame 3, good damage output and the ability to do something out of shield. Then again I'm not a Yoshi main.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
He's better on 3DS/Wii U, but there were some good things that he had in Brawl, namely a BAir that autocanceled and a less laggy pivot grab.
At least he has a ridiculous NAir that comes out at frame 3, good damage output and the ability to do something out of shield. Then again I'm not a Yoshi main.
Excluding what you just mentioned:
Buffs: dash attack, DownB (more knockback, more shield damage), SideB (no longer goes into helpless mode if canceled in the air, ability to jump once), Up Smash has more knockback, increased midair movement sideways with UpB.
Nerfs: SideB lasts less if you hit someone, NeutralB has more startup frames, Up Smash no longer hits behind him as well as it used to, UpB grants him less midair height boosts.

This isn't everything, of course. Just some things I remember.

Last edited:

Soul.

Excluding what you just mentioned:
Buffs: dash attack, DownB (more knockback, more shield damage), SideB (no longer goes into helpless mode if canceled in the air, ability to jump once), Up Smash has more knockback, increased midair movement sideways with UpB.
Nerfs: SideB lasts less if you hit someone, NeutralB has more startup frames, Up Smash no longer hits behind him as well as it used to, UpB grants him less midair height boosts.

This isn't everything, of course. Just some things I remember.
FAir comes out on frame 16--if I recall correctly, that's one of Yoshi's main tools vs. shields. Or something like that.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I see the thread hasn't advanced much... oh well, time for waifu night!

Waifu Kirei.jpg

This isn't really my house

Soul.

Oh no, not the titles. I liked it better when it was just "Social Thread 5.0"
Or "3DS/Wii U Social: Now in Ver. 5.0"

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I marked out so hard when Ambrose won, but then... bs happened :substitute:

Quibble

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blueurce
Okay, so a couple of hours in here is what I have :

http://puu.sh/i7X3m/1e96ea4f36.swf
(Right click and hit zoom, haven't added a camera yet so it goes off of it's default one)

I know it looks very bare-bones right now, it is a huge work in progress. Planning on maybe animating a full three stock match (Or maybe just one stock because I am lazy and have school to do).

T1T0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
12321a
Okay, so a couple of hours in here is what I have :

http://puu.sh/i7X3m/1e96ea4f36.swf
(Right click and hit zoom, haven't added a camera yet so it goes off of it's default one)

I know it looks very bare-bones right now, it is a huge work in progress. Planning on maybe animating a full three stock match (Or maybe just one stock because I am lazy and have school to do).
Pretty cool, I've been playing around with hacking SMW and....I finally got a level to start, have a pipe that goes to another pipe in the level and end....yay

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That Chibi Robo amiibo looks ADORABLE! I'm really hoping it's not Japan exclusive. I really want one when/if it comes stateside. I love Chibi Robo...

Also ordered a Fox amiibo off Amazon for only five bucks more than MSRP, well-worth it since Fox is impossible to find now. Only really four more rare ones for me to track down (:4marth::4robinm::4villager::4dedede:) and two that are becoming rare (:4megaman::4samus:) before I just need the uncommon/common/unreleased ones that I want.

Amiibos are serious business. :p

Geek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeektheMeek
Couldn't tell you. But unless Windows 10 looks and programs completely different than the past two operating systems, than I'm sticking with Windows 7.
I got my computer in December 2013, and it came with Windows 8. :ohwell: To be honest, I'm used to it, but it's glitchy sometimes, so I have to reset my computer.

Quibble

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blueurce
Dood, after I can afford my WiiU I am going Amiibo hunting. My list is going to hurt me and my wallet, but whatever:

:4greninja::rosalina::4metaknight::4dedede::4pacman::4zss:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
You aren't the only one. I'm amazed that I managed to get EVERY championship match wrong
The event was very surpising indeed
I expected Sheamus winning the IC, Naomi getting the Divas one, and Cena pulling a clutch win

_gold_

Smash Master
Amiibos.
Help me understand this crave to collect them all. I don't understand.

D

Deleted member

Windows 10 already?
It's just there to prompt you to reserve a free download of the operating system. A notification, be it on your Windows machine (running 7 or 8.1) or email address, will show up at the time of release, telling you to download it. My body is ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom