• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I used to like army men video game series when I was young,then internet happened.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I actually enjoyed playing both. It contradicts my previous statement, but that said statement was just meant to support his comment. In a dumb way.
It's the equilibrium between the content the two games have that confuse everyone.

Sonic Adventure 1 had the whole style like Super Mario 64 in ways of finding the levels before you play them, which is nice, but the levels are all played by more than just one character, which can get kinda boring.

Sonic Adventure 2 had the style where some characters have similar levels to others, like how Mission Street (Tails) is similar with Radical Highway (Shadow). See? It's not the same exact place anymore, so it's not repetitive this time. But the whole searching for levels thing that SA1 had? Well, the game had too much going on at once for that, so it wasn't necessary, but ****'s they gave about that: 0. Why? Well, it was still very enjoyable.

I myself considered SA2 to be better, but not by much.

MainJPW

M.T.A
The first Sonic Adventure was better. Right?
Hold on guys Sonic Adventure is my specialty.

It was on track more or less, it's biggest hinderance was a lack of tighter rolling physics and momentum based physics, which believe it or not was initially the main focus of the game early on in development.
This is Windy Valley, the prototype version unearthed from the recently obtained Autodemo prototype.

Pay attention to the various slopes, curves and half pipes, all classic Sonic elements which of course shows where the main focus was, momentum based gameplay and exploration.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Also among the things found were 3 test levels, two of which tested for rolling physics and momentum physics.

Scroll to 8:14 and 9:41

Both these aspects was what needed to be expanded upon in the next game instead of focusing on the less important factors. I would've gone a lot more in depth but I'm currently on my phone.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Reviews are good for reading the actual contents of the review in my opinion, which is far better than just looking at the scores only(not saying you specifically do that, but a lot of people make that mistake). Often the reviewer says something like, "X aspect of this game is very bad and draws away from the experience", and then grades accordingly. But to someone who doesn't really care about X or doesn't think it's a big deal, he could make the judgement accordingly for how that would impact his potential enjoyment of the game. Reviews aren't mean to be an opinion on a plate you're supposed to swallow and accept completely, it's just telling you what their opinion is and it's up to you entirely whether your opinion matches theirs and for you to figure out for you to account for your and the reviewer's differences.

Woops, got into a bit of a rant there...it isn't targeted at anyone specifically but I felt like saying it..
I'm going to say ^This, but also goign to bring my own view of it, I NEVER EVER EVER consider nor assign any score to any games.

The reasons is simple, it's jsut a number. It's not even based on standard, someone could say something worht 5/10 while someone would have the exact same points on his review and think it worth 4/10, it's just not consistent and in the end, quite confusing.

If I was trying to put numbers, it will feel a heck lot harder than someone can imagine. They would only be relative based because consistency, it's hard and it's harder than just pointing with text (letters) what is good / bad about a game (or I'll say any media for that matter, I would feel the same for reviewing vgm, there;s just so much that distinguish themselves in different ways, it's not worth to have a score).

So, this means that to use numbers, I CANNOT not put TTYD 10/10 simply because it is subjectively the best I played, but this number is only meaningfull to me.....if you don't like the artstyle, it means absolutely nothing to you, but if I tell you "I love the artstyle":, this is when you get that my review disagrees with you for other reasons.

The opposite happens to, I hate random encounter system, this was apparent when I played golden sun. If I put a score, it'll be like 3/10 or something (very approximate), but for someone who don't care, the score will never matter.

And the score will never solve the problem of you agreeing with everything of what I said, but would put a different number. Chaning the number changes nothing btw, changing the points, that do changes the review.

I stopped to care for reviews of video game site like ign since years because what I realised is that a gamer opinion that i would watch on youtube felt more honest and close to what i could understand. ign is no exception especially with the comments I get lately on this thread for example.

Basically, I hate assigning scores, I better jsut write about itand you judge after how it weights, but score oversimplify the process.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom