• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
But I still think Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure is a better title than Dr. Mario Express ("Express" was used on multiple DSiWare game titles and Dr. Mario was one of those victims).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Pic of the day: This Wednesday, June 3rd at 8:00 PM Eastern Time, Amalie Arena in Tampa Florida will host the first game of the 2015 Stanley Cup finals between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Tampa Bay Lightning.
View attachment 54294

I wonder how many people will fall for this.
I did fall
off my chair, that is. :wario:

:231:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Even Splatoon is victim to the insanity that is Miiverse already

Last edited:

T1T0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
12321a
Wait, these were all off of Brutal Mario? All I know about it is from the Grumpcade playthrough of it, which seems to be dropped...but this actually looks like a really swood game throughout.
It is pretty cool, it's cooler if you can play it with a SNES controller

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Even Splatoon is victim to the insanity that is Miiverse already

Are you kidding? The Miiverse graffiti/billboards are one of the best parts of the game.

And on a semi-related note...

Made by one of Steven Universe's storyboard artists.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
It is pretty cool, it's cooler if you can play it with a SNES controller
Each level literally has something new in it. And there's some DKC, Mega Man and even Chrono Trigger fanservice from what I've seen.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Saw that JP Nintendo Direct stuff. Not surprised about nothing Smash related being revealed. Especially since E3 is close. Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon's starting to look better than Gates to Infinity. FE:IF looks pretty hype too, but I already had plans to pre-order that ASAP. Monster Hunter Cross looks like something I'll be purchasing too. Basically, my wallet has a 0% chance of living.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Why would you be? I'm sure everyone agrees on that front.
All but the people who possess the blind belief of playing games like Sonic '06 and believing it's a good game.

Such people do exist.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
no... something?
No, it's not a blind belief.
It's usually the other way around honestly. Given it's popular to bash on Sonic '06, usually the people that are on the negative about the game are more likely to hold a "blind belief", not saying all detractors of the games are blind, but it's more accurate to generalize (most of) them as the blind ones rather than the ones that look past the circlejerk and like the game genuinely.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
As long as we're talking about good vs bad on Sonic games, I only have one of the five bad games, the other four being Sonic 06, Dark Brotherhood, Secret Rings, and Shattered Crystal.

The chronological scale of the situation can be linked to a theory based on waves. The crest, which is the high point of the wave, represents the perfect games every now and again like the Sonic Adventure games, Heroes, Unleashed, Black Knight, the Mario and Sonic series, and Colors, whilst the trough, the lowest a wave can go, represents the failures.

And that concludes my physics lesson for today.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
No, it's not a blind belief.
It's usually the other way around honestly. Given it's popular to bash on Sonic '06, usually the people that are on the negative about the game are more likely to hold a "blind belief", not saying all detractors of the games are blind, but it's more accurate to generalize them as the blind ones rather than the ones that look past the circlejerk and like the game genuinely.
True, you have a point, but those type of people who overlook the negatives are often the small minority, thinking and act differently towards a game's quality to the majority. They might have incredible patience or leniency. They may be young gamers who are easily impressionable (I'm sure we all enjoyed a bad game when we were young amirite?) They may have a strong and faithful connection to the franchise and will try to defend it. Or they could just have horrible taste and critical thinking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom