• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If hacking for Smash Wii U is done, Through the Sea of Time will be the music for my custom Stage based on PMD 2.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Time control. Sakuya can basically manipulate time however.
Control over the flow of time, and a master of throwing knifes.

:231:
Yeah, just like Dio. And just because she's a vampire hunter, the guy thought : "Yeah, Dio would totally lose this and die from knives, even though he can't die like this in any way."
No research indeed.

Sakuya can manipulate time and space, I believe.
Her mistress Remilia can manipulate fate itself.
Yuyuko Saigyouji can manipulate death.
Ooooh...those kind of powers.
Yeah, controling death can pass, but fate ? That ain't fair. :4lucina:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If hacking for Smash Wii U is done, Through the Sea of Time will be the music for my custom Stage based on PMD 2.
Mine would be Primal Dialga
Yeah, just like Dio. And just because she's a vampire hunter, the guy thought : "Yeah, Dio would totally lose this and die from knives, even though he can't die like this in any way."
No research indeed.
But SHE cant sent an orangutan at people :4villagerf:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is that Touhou Smash game happening still? Its not like Im overly interested, but thats as close as Im going to get to playable Dio in Smash.
No, it isn't. ZUN didn't permit them, saying that they violated the code of conduct for Doujin games (Crowdfunding is not allowed).

It's a shame, but what can I do...

Soul.

I should play some EoT to get this off my blown mind. Yeah, sounds like a good idea, I guess...
Where's the Primal Dialga remix when you need it, anyway?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
But SHE can't sent an orangutan at people :4villagerf:
As well as knowing how to reset the universe and letting his friend priest to do the job for him.
Of course Dio needed to be friends with a priest. The dude literally thought he was doing a good thing. Dio is a sneaky vampire when you think about it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
No research indeed.

Ooooh...those kind of powers.
Yeah, controling death can pass, but fate ? That ain't fair. :4lucina:
Well, that's why the spellcard rules exist as of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, thanks to Reimu.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Well, that's why the spellcard rules exist as of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, thanks to Reimu.
Don't say stuff that I don't know, I'm not in this fandom. So I don't know what the spellcard rules are, or what the hell is this "Embodiment of Scarlet Devil".
Still, pretty OP. :metaknight:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sounds like some OC stuff to be honest.
Touhou isn't that different from an OC, really. I mean, the characters and games are made by one man.

The only difference is the ton of fans which OCs generally lack, and the characters are not rip-offs.

Don't say stuff that I don't know, I'm not in this fandom. So I don't know what the spellcard rules are, or what the hell is this "Embodiment of Scarlet Devil".
EoSD was the first game in the series made for Windows.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Whao what? Am I missing something? What flaming?

Over a game? wow What are we, 5 year olds?
Referring to the argument between Soul and Blargg. There are some insults being flung.

Then again it didn't really involve you so it really wasn't necessary to ask. :p
For the record, I've tried to make sure I don't put anything really insulting in any of my posts (Not just the ones in this argument, all of them), so if I insulted @soul , it wasn't intentional.

And so far, I haven't really seen anything in his posts that looks like an insult, and I'm not insulted by anything he has said.
So every thing is goo-
Also, only PMD 2 was good.

Everything is dandy.
Opinions are a wonderful thing aren't they?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, basically, the spellcard rules make danmaku combat (the bullet hell) fair and non-lethal. Reimu, for example, I think is said to rematch characters until she wins, so it basically explains Continues and such.

For example, one of the rules is that you can't make unavoidable attack patterns. There has to be SOME WAY to dodge it. This is only ignored in 14.3, Impossible Spell Card, because Seija is a wanted outlaw at that point, basically.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Touhou isn't that different from an OC, really. I mean, the characters and games are made by one man.

The only difference is the ton of fans which OCs generally lack, and the characters are not rip-offs.

I wouldn't say they are "OC's". They are just really strong characters. The guy thought "Hey, let's have no limits in powers, it could be fun.".
A real OC is a character copy paste from an other in the same universe in my opinion.
:4darkpit: and :4metaknight: are good examples of what a OC is in my opinion : looking like the hero, but with more powerful powers.
Well, the pure bread of OC's are from :4sonic:, but still.

Well, basically, the spellcard rules make danmaku combat (the bullet hell) fair and non-lethal. Reimu, for example, I think is said to rematch characters until she wins, so it basically explains Continues and such.
Oh okay, nice idea to make over powered powers fair and square. And it explains game mechanics.
Thumb up for the creator, he knows how to make logic in an illogical world.

Soul.

For the record, I've tried to make sure I don't put anything really insulting in any of my posts (Not just the ones in this argument, all of them), so if I insulted @soul , it wasn't intentional.

And so far, I haven't really seen anything in his posts that looks like an insult, and I'm not insulted by anything he has said.
So every thing is goo-

Everything is dandy.
Opinions are a wonderful thing aren't they?
We didn't really insult. It was just your typical argument.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

Really impressive I have to say. Other OC's should strive for that kind of success (instead of, well, being poorly written ripoffs)

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Really impressive I have to say. Other OC's should strive for that kind of success (instead of, well, being poorly written ripoffs)
Some do manage to have success. One Punch is OP as godly basket balls, was technically an OC and still had a lot of success. Everyone starts creating their own stuff by creating OC's anyway, in my opinion.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I wouldn't say they are "OC's". They are just really strong characters. The guy thought "Hey, let's have no limits in powers, it could be fun.".
A real OC is a character copy paste from an other in the same universe in my opinion.
:4darkpit: and :4metaknight: are good examples of what a OC is in my opinion : looking like the hero, but with more powerful powers.
Well, the pure bread of OC's are from :4sonic:, but still.
I understand. OC means 'Original Character', but the word is never used in the literal sense any more. Thanks to the internet. :laugh:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
OC's are purely Mary Sue-ish for the most part though. No Touhou character goes to such extreme limits though if I'm not wrong, each character has some sort of weakness or flaw.
But what about my character that can just touch people to make them disappear with no weaknesses, big boobs, has an OP stand from Jojo and can turn super saiyan ?
Is my OC not original and fair ?
Why must you do this to me, PBG like Kirby Fan ?! You shattered my dreams !

We are all from the same universe,and from the same species,we are all OCs here.
:substitute:
Well the guy who created me must have been bored when he created be. Where are my OP powers ? :4metaknight:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Some do manage to have success. One Punch is OP as godly basket balls, was technically an OC and still had a lot of success. Everyone starts creating their own stuff by creating OC's anyway, in my opinion.
One Punch is like a parody of DBZ/Superman tropes more than anything else to me.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well the guy who created me must have been bored when he created be. Where are my OP powers ? :4metaknight:
I dunno about you, but my OP powers are my powers to adorable someone to death. Just look at my avatar, after all.

D

Deleted member

I Finally did it @Flight ! I finally finish my draw on paper BUT this time with good quality! (now you have every detail right?:troll:) Check this out guys!

For some who demand what picture i use for helping me, i use this
So that's what you want me to draw?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I have a question guys, if you make a story that parodie something, it is ok in a certain way to have some character to be a little OC?
Edit: yup Flight. That's the character.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But what about my character that can just touch people to make them disappear with no weaknesses, big boobs, has an OP stand from Jojo and can turn super saiyan ?
Is my OC not original and fair ?
Why must you do this to me, PBG like Kirby Fan ?! You shattered my dreams !

The big boobs part is fanon though. :p

I should mention as this point that a huge amount of Touhou characters abilities, personalities, etc are purely fanon. ZUN let's fans portray the characters however the hell they want, except for laying down a skeleton personality. Word of God is a largelyvague, though there are a few official mangas.

:231:[/b][/i]

Last edited:

Soul.

Touhou roleplays are pretty common on YouTube if anything. But lolroleplays.... Right?
#thousandposts

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Hello, newcomer! You must not know how fanboys react to new things that are announced. Well, let me help you with that. First, you must grab your helmet because we are entering enemy territory!
True, true, fanbases do have a tendency to overreact...

Soul. was the only one really doing that.

I'm kind of interested but it needs to not make the mistakes Gates to Infinity did.
While it wasn't hatred, I saw the same disinterest earlier on in the thread, mostly because as Blargg88 said due to the name. It just seems odd to already call it out for that when we barely know anything else.

Anyway, I agree that I hope it learns from the old mistakes, I'd love to play through another Mystery Dungeon game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom