• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Can we please agree that this is an exception?

I mean, geez, nothing was shown.....
Well no, that's different. Super Paper Mario is "Super" because it's styled like a Mario Platformer.
That's how the Mario games work for the most part.

Ex: the M&L series (The "Super" in Superstar Saga doesn't count) and the other 3 Paper Mario games don't have the "Super" in their names because they're RPGs(Though Sticker Star can barely be called an RPG).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well no, that's different. Super Paper Mario is "Super" because it's styled like a Mario Platformer.
That's how the Mario games work for the most part.

Ex: the M&L series (The "Super" in Superstar Saga doesn't count) and the other 3 Paper Mario games don't have the "Super" in their names because they're RPGs(Though Sticker Star can barely be called an RPG).
What would you call it if it ain't an rpg?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
What would you call it if it ain't an rpg?
I feels like it's trying to be a puzzle game combined with an RPG.
While it's true that PMSS has turn based battles and the like, there is no point to them.
If there's no point to battling in an RPG, then why are battles even there in the first place?

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I wonder how Yoshi is able to keep his smile 24/7 in Smash Bros...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I wonder how Yoshi is able to keep his smile 24/7 in Smash Bros...
"The other person on this thread talk about a new PDM and his title"
"Me i wait for person to comment my draw"
"You, you're talking about Yoshi and his smile"
You win the Internet boyz.:troll:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon's earlier entries on the GBA and DS were better. I'd like to see more information on the latest entry.

I don't have much hope for it.
Yeah same here...

I was one of those people who cried like 5 times playing Explorers of Sky, too.
Well you can still see this!

Edit: "wait for person to comment my draw":yoshi:
Who's Zelax?

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
"The other person on this thread talk about a new PDM and his title"
"Me i wait for person to comment my draw"
"You, you're talking about Yoshi and his smile"
You win the Internet boyz.:troll:
My main topic is nearly always Yoshi. :4yoshi:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Who's Zelax?
A character from a manga/anime called "The Hearts of Ice". First date of the first tome/episode:
Never released:troll: because created by me and not finished

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I feels like it's trying to be a puzzle game combined with an RPG.
While it's true that PMSS has turn based battles and the like, there is no point to them.
If there's no point to battling in an RPG, then why are battles even there in the first place?
look, for me, it's half adventure like zelda and half messed up because I don'T get it....

There was no point to even have turn based system....ever and idk why it got it anyway....

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon

I better be ****ing better then Gates to Infinity
Well its got Super in its name! And we are told to "get ready for the arrival of impressive mystery dungeons that will surpass all others!"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
A character from a manga/anime called "The Hearts of Ice". First date of the first tome/episode:
Never released:troll: because created by me and not finished
Summary of the story so far? I'm curious.
You can spoiler it if you like.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon

I better be ****ing better then Gates to Infinity

It has turn based fights, right? So its an RPG at lease to me All the paper mario games are RPGs
CONSIDERED AS!

And btw, you actually contradicted youreself because spm is not turn based and it's more both rpg and platformer, not just rpg....

turn based isn't what defines an rpg, it's the ROLE part of the acronym....which doesn't have much focus in SS unlike the other games.

That's why it's hard to tell it's an rpg....but turn based doesn't define the whole genre, it's much deeper than this.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
PMD is an RPG. It has turn based battles and leveling up.
again, these are helping to make you feel the role part of the game, it's not like "every games that has trunr based and level up is an rpg". it's not exactly true....it's just a popular way to acheive what rpg do....if it's done to at the very least (but I have the feeling it does do it in PMD from what I heard....never played the series though).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well its got Super in its name! And we are told to "get ready for the arrival of impressive mystery dungeons that will surpass all others!"

Ignoring the super which I don't mind, I really do hope it is better then Gates. I hope it brings back more Pokemon to play as like the other previous games before Gates

yes
YES
YES
YES
BEST NEWS ALL DAY

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
again, these are helping to make you feel the role part of the game, it's not like "every games that has trunr based and level up is an rpg". it's not exactly true....it's just a popular way to acheive what rpg do....if it's done to at the very least (but I have the feeling it does do it in PMD from what I heard....never played the series though).
Then what exactly is an RPG?

yes
YES
YES
YES
Crash'm Bash'm??!?!??
I missed you

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
image.jpg

(Inb4 nobody gets the reference)

Some start to the summer that was, but I came through just fine. I'm probably going to be confined at my house for a few more days just to be safe, but the scary part's finally over.

First off, I want to thank @Sonic Buddha for the get well card he made.

Then there's @Keybladeguy id like to thank for extra inspiration to tough it all out.

Lastly, I'd like to thank my girlfriend for covering for my account in my absence.

So out of curiosity, what all did I miss? I've already been informed about E3, but was there anything else?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Then what exactly is an RPG?

Crash'm Bash'm??!?!??
I missed you
For me, it's more that the game tries to have a high focus on you getting immersed in the role of the characters.

The thing is, levels is just something that became very popular system to acheive this. What it does is it make the game forces you to do repetitive task (simlutating working btw) to eventually progress and the game would make you feel that you do.

Same for getting better equipment, and even something quite more deep like the void in spm growing as you go through the game.

Turn based have been notorious for the pros of giving a high amount of strategies potential which is why it has become a good system for RPG, but the truth is, it still has the con of being a bit more time consuming (hence why the run button exist as last ressort). Real time provides less strategy options, but not only they are quicker, they can actually immerse the quickness of the battles. There's also a good merge with games like chrono trigger.

What I'm telling is turn based and level up are ONE WAY of making the structure works, but the truth is, it's far from the only one.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
View attachment 52846

Some start to the summer that was, but I came through just fine. I'm probably going to be confined at my house for a few more days just to be safe, but the scary part's finally over.

Then there's @Keybladeguy id like to thank for extra inspiration to tough it all out.

Lastly, I'd like to thank my girlfriend for covering for my account in my absence.

So out of curiosity, what all did I miss? I've already been informed about E3, but was there anything else?
Welcome back, dude. You didn't miss much besides a lot of random conversations... So, nothing too overly important. Crash Bandicoot might be coming back, though. : D

EDIT: And what RamOne said.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
This better not be fake, I actually do want a new Crash game but yeah, they will probably never get the rights to crash again
I'd hardly think it's real, it's old art of Crash whited out over a blank background, I could make it in five seconds.

On the bright side, at least he's not in Spyro's situation.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
View attachment 52846

glad you're healty :)

Well, it has been quite long. I guess you missed the IS rumor about Paper Mario on WiiU in dev (not concrete, but feels legit), you missed a @Space Stranger ban prank with @ Opossum Opossum , the thread going litterally CRAZy on exploding salad and so, got stricer rules (it's not much, just don't post ONLY for posting images / media unless you talk about them), I have been playing the French translation of earthbound and it's accurate.....

And I might forgot stuff. The E3 video was awesome also :)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hey guys, since we're on the topic of original fiction, let me babble about my fragmented incoherent base for an id...ea.

Yeah the Crash game thing is gonna bury all other discussion. Oh well.

Basically I came up with an idea about dinosaur lizard people having their own futuristic society and then the giant elemental deity things from ancient history wake up and some crud about the reason they were asleep in the first place being some war between humans and lizard people several hundred years ago that ended when a human basically hijacked the element system and became an evil giant deity monster... Yeah, it's gonna need a lot of work to not sound stupid and I hardly ever work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom