• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Lol the tilte. RIP Crash and his "leak", we will never forget you. (expect the person who hate you:troll:, not me of course:ace:)

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
ayy that thread title.
Opossum always knows how to make me smile.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Yo how can I put them as my sig?
I cannot open the pictures on another tab on my iPad...

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Oh man I looooove Villagers one.

Now to wait for Male Robin
no male robin :(
Both Robins are one card
Yo how can I put them as my sig?
I cannot open the pictures on another tab on my iPad...
ummmmmm
you can use the links of pics to put in your sig
but you cant open them in a new tab
ummmmm
which ones do you want in your sig
I'll take the link and post it so you can put it in your sig
this is why I usually wait till i use a computer to change my sig :p

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
This makes me think, can someone explain me why this vgm sounds SO MUCH like never gonna give you up?

Seriously, it really does sounds similar :)
Since it's the theme of a robot i suppose, i think it's probably a version of the future of "Never Gonna Give You Up". But it's just a theorie, A GAME theorie, thanks 4 watching.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I know, but what defines a RPG?
It really depends on what kid of RPG we're talking about.
Specifically speaking about Video Game RPGs though, an RPG is where you control (Role-Play) as a character/several characters in a well defined world. This includes things like immersive gameplay, replayability, developed stories, narration, character development, and complexity.

An RPG is a game where you can do things other than just run and jump like in a basic platformer. They have many people to talk to in-game, Items to pick up and find, obstacles to overcome, traps to avoid, enemies to engage and attack, abilities to use, actions to perform, quests to fulfill, places to explore, experience to gain, and an interface of some sort to use things with.

All of these things affect the gameplay in some way, such as the decisions a player makes, and those decisions affect the way that the game will play out.

This is pretty why I will always argue that SPM is more of a Paper Mario game than Sticker Star, despite being a completely different style of game.

Sort of lengthy post:
Cuz' while SPM doesn't have turn based battles, it has all of the other things that make an RPG an RPG.
SPM had a complex, well made story, while SS had the same story as most of the Super Mario Bros games(Bowser kidnaps Peach).

SPM had characters with abilities of their own, with different uses for each (Mario could flip, Bowser dealt double damage, Peach could float and defend with her parasol, and Luigi could super jump) And each character had a personality and individuality (Not just the main/important characters)

Also pixls, which granted even more abilities (Reflecting projectiles, Curing curses, becoming invisible, jumping on spiked enemies, etc.) And each pixl had personality too, even though they only spoke once.

Meanwhile, interms of character, Sticker Star had Kersti, Wiggler, and Bowser Jr. All of which remained constant throughout the game. Otherwise, just generic, unnamed toads. And Mario really didn't have any abilities to call his own. He had a hammer, that's it. He couldn't battle without stickers, and couldn't paperize without Kersti. All he could do was jump.

SPM had experience to gain, and items to use. Sticker Star had nothing to gain out of battles, there was no satisfaction from defeating an enemy. And SS' items were all just things to throw. And the things were just kind of tedious.

Despite being mostly 2-D, SPM had a lot of places to explore, and secrets to find in cool ways, such as flipping into 3-D.
Sticker Star didn't really feel that open to me. There wasn't really anywhere interesting to go, or a worthwhile reason of going there.

Sticker Star also had a bad level of complexity, it was either too simple, or too complex. (Bowling ball for bowling pins, Scissors for rope, Fishing rod for fish, Faucet for dried up oasis, and... Vacuum for Sandstorm?

Also, Sticker Star felt like it was missing Paper Mario's usual snarkiness/sass. In the first three games, there's always some character with some sort of dialogue that just emits the sarcastic humor/sassiness that I love in Paper Mario. I love the things that the characters say sometimes, it's hilarious.

Meanwhile, in Sticker Star, we have Kersti, who is less of a sassy character and more of a jerkish snob. She is NOT likeable.

Also, due to its lack of interesting dialogue, all the 4th wall breaks in SS are purely visual and not that funny.

I'd say more, but I don't really have time right now.

But yeah, that's what I think.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Specifically speaking about Video Game RPGs though, an RPG is where you control (Role-Play) as a character/several characters in a well defined world. This includes things like immersive gameplay, replayability, developed stories, narration, character development, and complexity.

An RPG is a game where you can do things other than just run and jump like in a basic platformer. They have many people to talk to in-game, Items to pick up and find, obstacles to overcome, traps to avoid, enemies to engage and attack, abilities to use, actions to perform, quests to fulfill, places to explore, experience to gain, and an interface of some sort to use things with.

All of these things affect the gameplay in some way, such as the decisions a player makes, and those decisions affect the way that the game will play out.

This is pretty why I will always argue that SPM is more of a Paper Mario game than Sticker Star, despite being a completely different style of game.

Sort of lengthy post:
Cuz' while SPM doesn't have turn based battles, it has all of the other things that make an RPG an RPG.
SPM had a complex, well made story, while SS had the same story as most of the Super Mario Bros games(Bowser kidnaps Peach).

SPM had characters with abilities of their own, with different uses for each (Mario could flip, Bowser dealt double damage, Peach could float and defend with her parasol, and Luigi could super jump) And each character had a personality and individuality (Not just the main/important characters)

Also pixls, which granted even more abilities (Reflecting projectiles, Curing curses, becoming invisible, jumping on spiked enemies, etc.) And each pixl had personality too, even though they only spoke once.

Meanwhile, interms of character, Sticker Star had Kersti, Wiggler, and Bowser Jr. All of which remained constant throughout the game. Otherwise, just generic, unnamed toads. And Mario really didn't have any abilities to call his own. He had a hammer, that's it. He couldn't battle without stickers, and couldn't paperize without Kersti. All he could do was jump.

SPM had experience to gain, and items to use. Sticker Star had nothing to gain out of battles, there was no satisfaction from defeating an enemy. And SS' items were all just things to throw. And the things were just kind of tedious.

Despite being mostly 2-D, SPM had a lot of places to explore, and secrets to find in cool ways, such as flipping into 3-D.
Sticker Star didn't really feel that open to me. There wasn't really anywhere interesting to go, or a worthwhile reason of going there.

Sticker Star also had a bad level of complexity, it was either too simple, or too complex. (Bowling ball for bowling pins, Scissors for rope, Fishing rod for fish, Faucet for dried up oasis, and... Vacuum for Sandstorm?

Also, Sticker Star felt like it was missing Paper Mario's usual snarkiness/sass. In the first three games, there's always some character with some sort of dialogue that just emits the sarcastic humor/sassiness that I love in Paper Mario. I love the things that the characters say sometimes, it's hilarious.

Meanwhile, in Sticker Star, we have Kersti, who is less of a sassy character and more of a jerkish snob. She is NOT likeable.

Also, due to its lack of interesting dialogue, all the 4th wall breaks in SS are purely visual and not that funny.

Totally with you on this one! You got one point on like and 2 point for true!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I think my new signature is great.
:4pacman:

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I leave for 1 night and everyone makes a hubub about Nintendo hiring Bowser and Crash Bandicoot still being dead
Looks like I missed nothing :4pacman:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
You know Pandora Hearts?! "Eye shining"
I've heard of it before, yes. My brother who unfortunately watches anime/reads VNs/mangas knew it and mentioned it(and I think watched it in front of me). "Alice" also seems familiar when I connect it to Pandora Hearts, perhaps he mentioned the character as well.

But no, I've never seen anything of it by myself :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I've heard of it before, yes. My brother who unfortunately watches anime/reads VNs/mangas knew it and mentioned it(and I think watched it in front of me). "Alice" also seems familiar when I connect it to Pandora Hearts, perhaps he mentioned the character as well.

But no, I've never seen anything of it by myself :p
Oh ok, still good that you know that's exist!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Sort of lengthy post:

this.....is why SS should make people love more spm.

Cause seriously, it's an accurate comparison. Even if spm isn't just rpg, it has most to make the rpg structure works, it just is merged with stuff that makes the platforming works too.

This is also why despite finding good things about SS that I can't pretty much enjoy them much, the core gameplay wouldn't follow anyway.

I don't get the idea that rpg are defined with turn based and leveling up, the name litterally says it ROLE PLAYING game, these system have just been proven to make a good rpg structure, it's expected to be used a lot.

SS not really making the role playing obvious for me is like saying a platformer game doesn't make obvious the progression through platform to the goal of levels....it just contradicts itself and is hardly become that genre.....being advertised as an RPG is why it becomes a concern....

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Looks like Im going to have to edit this sig. I can't see all of it.
Is it showing up fully for you, guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom